• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ-INFP relationship

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Actually I was about to post a thread asking how does one tell if a person is INFP or INFJ. What makes them different? There is this person whose MBTI type I'm not to sure about...

S

Sniffles

In my experience, it's an uneasy relationship. I certainly get along better with the INFPs here(especially heart) than I do with INFPs elsewhere.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj

I have trouble with INFPs. To me they lack ambition and are too "P".
I worry that I could run right over them and not even know it.

I lean toward INTJ though so maybe that is why.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Besides being wishy-washy and moody, they're not bad. I wouldn't mind dating one, as long as he can get a little focused. Just a little :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She'd have to be willing to pet me every so often and let me have my own multi-purpose lab in the basement.

heart

heart on fire
I've been married to INFJ for nineteen years. I'm not aware of knowing other INFJ well in real life. On the boards I seem to clash with female INFJ more often than not (Except TJ). But the masculine male INFJ are easier to get along with. Not sure why this is, just is.

Problem areas with husband are when he gets too into a weird Fe type anxiety or he has a problem with me when I get too Ne and vague. Best area of compatibility is shared values.

S

Sniffles

On the boards I seem to clash with female INFJ more often than not (Except TJ). But the masculine male INFJ are easier to get along with. Not sure why this is, just is.

Opposites attract? ;)

Best area of compatibility is shared values.
Yeah this is the same with me in regards to INFPs and INTJs. If I share similar values with them, I tend to get along better with them.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's hard enough finding an INFJ, it's even more difficult finding one with similar enough values...

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
It's hard enough finding an INFJ, it's even more difficult finding one with similar enough values...

Forget about type... similar principles and values are way more important.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Forget about type... similar principles and values are way more important.

Eh, just going with the theme. Similar principles and values is always what I'm looking for first, they're just hard to find in the appropreate configurations.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't say that I know very many INFJs. However, the one that I do know, I love quite a bit. :) She happens to be my best friend and we've known each other for around six or so years now. We get along great in most things. We've learned how to be more patient with each other in areas where we still don't quite agree. And there are occasional arguments. Despite that, we know that we're still friends and that we'll have each other's back no matter what. She allows me to become a little more focused without making me feel like I'm the smallest speck out there and it seems I allow her to express her emotions without fear of being judged. And I truly appreciate that. So, it is possible to have a good relationship.:yes:

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can't say that I know very many INFJs. However, the one that I do know, I love quite a bit. :) She happens to be my best friend and we've known each other for around six or so years now. We get along great in most things. We've learned how to be more patient with each other in areas where we still don't quite agree. And there are occasional arguments. Despite that, we know that we're still friends and that we'll have each other's back no matter what. She allows me to become a little more focused without making me feel like I'm the smallest speck out there and it seems I allow her to express her emotions without fear of being judged. And I truly appreciate that. So, it is possible to have a good relationship.:yes:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume she's talking about me :newwink: But everything she's said is about true, there. You have to expect that there will be some disagreements, however, when there is true understanding then there is little to really worry about when they come along.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume she's talking about me :newwink: But everything she's said is about true, there. You have to expect that there will be some disagreements, however, when there is true understanding then there is little to really worry about when they come along.

haha Yes. :) I was talking about you, though you did know that. ;) It's good to have mirrors that can also help us learn to grow. I believe it's the best kind of relationship in life.:yes:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i dated an INFJ for about 4 years. it was a relationship that had a lot of ups and downs. He was very emotional, even more so than i am, and he was very,very, very moody, however, we had great chemistry and shared similar values. I'd say he was the best match i've had yet. He was romantic and i miss that now that i have a robot. lol

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
any type can work with any type.

now to answer the question, it could work quite nicely. there might be a lack of communication but i dont see why not.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I love INFPs. I call about six people "best friend" and like four of them are INFP.

That said, I have never wanted to rip one's clothes off. Even the hot ones don't ignite the flame of my passions.

Atomic Fiend

I wouldn't do it. It's one of the few relationship with another N that I really don't find all that appealing. But hey it works for some people so if iy's your thing why not?

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
haha Yes. :) I was talking about you, though you did know that. ;) It's good to have mirrors that can also help us learn to grow. I believe it's the best kind of relationship in life.:yes:

I thought as much.
For the record [in case anybody is wondering] we're talking about a friendship-relationship. But either way, I feel friendship is a requirement of any close relationship in order to understand one another.

Mirrors help us learn to grow as people, yet those opposite of such can be just as helpful. Life is an experience in its own right- we should take what it offers, what those we meet offer to us, and learn as much as we are able.