• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ-INFP relationship

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
men don't get it (the whole F relating) with other men. so while in terms of a functional life partnership a T woman makes more sense, they want F F F at first bc their experience in teh world with other men is usually a little too stj to get into anything meaningful to them and their sense of themselves and share that with others.
Woo be to the T women. :alttongue:

Much agree with what you and Udog said about needing a T/F balance in a relationship. From my experiences two Fs together tend to be an emotional roller coaster. While the affection and intimacy seem to be great at the beginning, over time problems crop up that can lead to intensely emotional fights unless the couple also have good use of Ti/Te. Essentially Fs have a tendency to bury or hide problems or to smooth things over without really resolving them. These build up over time until one day the dam breaks. :doh:

definitely, i wonder if there is a gender difference too. part of using Se for inj types is letting down your guard. Ni is wary much of the time, defensive, preparing for negative possibilities (as is Si). it can be a bit paranoid. Se feels so light and free, being in the moment, etc. plus the difference, teh uniqueness of experience, texture, colour, taste, etc that you get from sensory information stimulates our imagination. sometimes we lose all sense of taste, so vibrancy is literally a breath of fresh air.
Well comparing myself with a male INFJ friend I know, I don't think there's any major gender differences between how we use Se. We both enjoy going out there and having fun. I guess the difference would simply be it's likely easier for a man to drag a woman off to an adventure than the other way around strictly from a traditional standpoint where the man usually leads.

heart

heart on fire
From my experiences two Fs together tend to be an emotional roller coaster. While the affection and intimacy seem to be great at the beginning, over time problems crop up that can lead to intensely emotional fights unless the couple also have good use of Ti/Te. Essentially Fs have a tendency to bury or hide problems or to smooth things over without really resolving them. These build up over time until one day the dam breaks. :doh:

In my experience arguments do not come from burying or hiding problems, it's just a case of being both being Feeling and a lot of it seems to really come from the NiFe/FiNe difference and during times of fatigue or stress. Still I'd far rather be able to live my feelings with a feeling type man than always feeling like I had to suppress myself because my feeling side was exahusting for a thinker.