• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ's, is this you?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
They expend a great deal of effort finding precisely the right word to express what they want to say, sometimes rewriting emails many times over until they are succinct, hopefully pithy, and all the words seem exactly right (like not saying "invoke" when you mean "evoke" or "conscience" when you really mean "conscious" or "wretch" when you mean "retch").

I do this - and why would anyone confuse those words used as examples; they mean different things. :shock:

They often behave like English teachers, and frequently get asked to proofread others' writing for errors. They can be highly sensitive to misspellings or it's/its mistakes on public signage. They strive for clarity and precision, and often contribute these gifts to a conversation.

Guilty as charged. Not to be a bubble-burster, but as an INFP I too relate to the above. Proof-reader extraordinaire. Signs spelled incorrectly drive me nuts. Words are very important!

They may enjoy methods of organizing, such as the systematic "Color Me Beautiful" approach to fashion-dressing...

That was so fun - my sister-in-law and I went to one of those "Color Me Beautiful" nights - the system really works believe it or not LOL!

As an aside - I love your avatar; I have that picture and a related one in my bedroom.

SO, my point - certain behaviours don't necessarily support concluding your type.

Plus, I dislike the infjorinfp site myself as well - why? Because I can tell it's written not from the vantage point of the infp, but from infj. Not that's there's anything inherently wrong with that, but who can claim to wholly unbiased to the preference of their own type?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They expend a great deal of effort finding precisely the right word to express what they want to say, sometimes rewriting emails many times over until they are succinct, hopefully pithy, and all the words seem exactly right

wow. totally. never realized this was a personality trait. thought it was just me.

however, paradoxically perhaps, i suck at finding the right words verbally. often watering down (at the least) or saying the absolute antithesis of what i mean (at the most).

i frequently have to spend long amounts of time (this just happened yesterday morning) telling my hubby that "no, i didn't mean that!" to which he says, "well, that's what you said!" to which i finally and exasperatedly say, "well, just don't listen to me! gosh!" haha.

not always so funny though when it breeds fights. and misunderstandings.

i like her site. it seems like she's put a lot of time and energy into differentiating between the two types. i agree with her infj characteristics for the most part (i haven't navigated through her whole site yet), except the part about holidays. except for christmas and giving christmas presents/santa gifts to my kids, and starting a month in advance, i'm pretty much irreverent when it comes to birthdays, holidays, and long distance family phone calls. i believe in giving when i feel like it, irrespective of the 'day.' so, i guess she calls that 'infp.' i am close to borderline on j/p, so perhaps that's where that comes in to play.

i like your rainbow rose, btw. good thread.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's debatable whether ADHD (No such thing as just "ADD" for the record) actually exists or not.

ADHD has been mislabeled as ADD, but the two are different problems. There was a time when ADD was the term for the type 2 attention deficit disorder without the combined hyperactivity issue listed below, but it looks like that is no longer the case. ADHD without hyperactivity as one type seems like a curious label to me, but apparently that is how it is defined. It would be more logical in my mind to have the three types as follows:
1. ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
2. ADD Attention Deficit Disorder
3. HID Hyperactivity-Impulsivity Disorder (or something)

Perhaps the lines are easily blurred, so it is easier to label them all as essentially the same?

web MD said:
Based on these criteria, the DSM-IV identifies three subtypes of ADHD:

1. ADHD, Combined Type: Both inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity symptoms.

2.ADHD, Predominantly Inattentive Type: Inattention but not hyperactivity-impulsivity symptoms.

3. ADHD, Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive Type: Hyperactivity-impulsivity but not inattention symptoms.

I struggle with attention issues, but doubt it would classify in the above. My concentration is deep, but easily shifted because it is deep. I struggle a lot with burning pans, hitting my head, etc. if my attention is elsewhere. Two years ago I was on Zoloft for depression and I think it made it worse. Coming off Zoloft wrecked my ability to focus. My mind was constantly shifting and I had to work really hard to complete a task. It was horrible. It's mostly better now, but still something I work at. I'm trying meditation and my mind leaps everywhere, but I count my breaths to 50 or 100 and at least I can maintain the sequence of numbers. I think in the long-term the meditation will really help.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
"INFJs, on the other hand, are drawn to categorizing. They display a knack for systematizing and can do it quickly. They typically define terms, or ask others to define theirs. They expend a great deal of effort finding precisely the right word to express what they want to say, sometimes rewriting emails many times over until they are succinct, hopefully pithy, and all the words seem exactly right (like not saying "invoke" when you mean "evoke" or "conscience" when you really mean "conscious" or "wretch" when you mean "retch"). They often behave like English teachers, and frequently get asked to proofread others' writing for errors. They can be highly sensitive to misspellings or it's/its mistakes on public signage. They strive for clarity and precision, and often contribute these gifts to a conversation. They attempt to articulate things unspoken, and name aloud any problem or peculiar dynamic. They may enjoy methods of organizing, such as the systematic "Color Me Beautiful" approach to fashion-dressing, or database designing, and of course, Personality Types.

All of that rings true for me, except I do not take issue with misspellings, it doesn't bother me when other people misspell things, but it DOES bother me when I do, which happens a lot when I am tired,lol.

I also don't relate to the fashion thing,lol.