• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Dinner

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I want to play chef tonight and make dinner for my roommates.

What should I make? Suggestions?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tacos. Easy to make and almost everyone loves it.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Creamy pasta with bacon, greenpeppers, mushrooms and onion. And salad.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Creamy pasta with bacon, greenpeppers, mushrooms and onion. And salad.

That actually sounds really good. Do you make your own sauce? Or do I just buy?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Jalapeno Mozarella Chicken Enchiladas

Boil chicken. Strip into pieces.
Fry up corn tortillas (only until soft.. not like chips!).
Take some sour cream (the medium size.. I don't know how many ounces) , some chicken broth (small can), some jalapeno peppers (real or can. real better) and mix up.
Put chicken in tortillas (folded up) and place them side by side in a big glass pan.
Pour the sour cream mixture on top.
Put tons of mozarella on top.
Bake for a bit (until cheese is very melted).

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I've always wanted to try one of those huge hamburgers you have to slice like pizza. But I am not your roommate! :(

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Watcha talking about buying sauce.
Do you know how to make white sauce?

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oooo I love all these options!

I've always wanted to try one of those huge hamburgers you have to slice like pizza. But I am not your roommate!

Um, you can be once I scare my current INTP roommate off. That is if my cooking does not weasel my way into his affections, which of course is not my aim. No, not at all.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Thank you for reminding me to make Fettuccine Alfredo tonight!

*goes to store*

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thank you for reminding me to make Fettuccine Alfredo tonight!

Wait, you know how to make white sauce too? People make it themselves... whhhhhattt!!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It's made with sour cream, m'dear. (At least mine is :unsure: )

You can put cheese in it, garlic, lots of things I cannot remember off the top of my head.

I like lots of mushrooms. Mmm.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Here's teh lesson:

Over medium heat (it HAS to be medium) melt 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine. When it's melted add three tablespoons of flour. ( The margarine and flour must always be even stevens) Now stir until you have thick glob in the pot, then you start adding milk slowly until it's runny again. Add slowly! Now you just keep on stirring until it becomes thick, preferably with a wooden spoon. It takes a while because your using medium heat. Be patient. When it's nice and thick you can add grated cheese and a little black pepper. If your sauce goes lumpy, the heat was too high.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
French Onion Soup;

Pasta base, creamy white wine sauce, meat (suggestion: grilled chicken + carmalized onions). Serve with a stronger green vegetable (asparagus if chicken recommended). Can either make with the sauce or seperate. Seperate is easy and works just as well, if not better.

Desert! Cookies. Or Pie. Has to be Cookies or Pie. The cake is a lie.

The main reason for this is that there is a lot of repition between recipes and each recipe is individually surprisingly easy to make, but is impressive when served. You can double up on almost any combination - cheese for french onion soup = cheese over pasta, or cheese over vegetables. Onions go with the chicken and sauce. White wine is common - sauce, chicken and soup.

And it takes a lot less time than it would seem. Mind you, that assumes you have a skillet to render down the onions. Harder to do that on the stove itself. Also good for doing the chicken with onions!

White wine sauce can be very easy or more robust. It's not terribly hard, however, to just make it taste good.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Over medium heat (it HAS to be medium) melt 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine. When it's melted add three tablespoons of flour. ( The margarine and flour must always be even stevens) Now stir until you have thick glob in the pot, then you start adding milk slowly until it's runny again. Add slowly! Now you just keep on stirring until it becomes thick, preferably with a wooden spoon. It takes a while because your using medium heat. Be patient. When it's nice and thick you can add grated cheese and a little black pepper. If your sauce goes lumpy, the heat was too high.

Ahhhh! Perfect. Thank you SO much!!

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I didn't tell you how much milk to use. Hmm, I'm not too sure. Pour until it looks like the right amount of sauce you'll need. If you use too much it'll take long to get thick or won't go thick at all, so do little by little.