• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Do you resonate with this?

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm yes. 3, 4 and 5 especially. Regarding 5, I tend to throw myself into conflict situations involving strangers if I sense bullying going on. I have quite a strong reaction to that. 1 and 2... kinda. I wouldnt say Im desperate to be around others, Im more of a loner. Having said that I share a house with 7 flatmates so clearly I like company :D

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm yes. 3, 4 and 5 especially. Regarding 5, I tend to throw myself into conflict situations involving strangers if I sense bullying going on. I have quite a strong reaction to that. 1 and 2... kinda. I wouldnt say Im desperate to be around others, Im more of a loner. Having said that I share a house with 7 flatmates so clearly I like company :D

Yeah, that's the thing about me, too. I am also a loner, but when left alone for too long, I start to miss having a conversation with someone on a deep level.
It's almost like, I don't want to make the effort to keep a friendship, and yet I get offended when the friend doesn't open up to me about their really deep thoughts.:huh:

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, that's the thing about me, too. I am also a loner, but when left alone for too long, I start to miss having a conversation with someone on a deep level.
It's almost like, I don't want to make the effort to keep a friendship, and yet I get offended when the friend doesn't open up to me about their really deep thoughts.:huh:

Yeh... tbh I tend not to notice "depth" in conversations. I dont really understand what it means - maybe all my conversations could be considered "deep". I find its mostly a word extroverts use for introverts' conversation topics.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeh... tbh I tend not to notice "depth" in conversations. I dont really understand what it means - maybe all my conversations could be considered "deep". I find its mostly a word extroverts use for introverts' conversation topics.

I never thought my conversations were "deep" either, but when I was told multiple times that "usually people don't think about that" or the occasional "wow, we talked about philosophy and science and the state of the world all in one hour and all of that was brought about by this doorknob. That is deep." (Shrug).
I mean, maybe my conversations are unusual at best, but if people equal it with deep...then I can live with that :D

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do relate to it in many ways. Sometimes, I just feel awkward amongst people. I want to keep away and am reluctant to approach people. but yet, I don't want to be a complete outsider. Kind of living in my own little weird world. I don't want people cutting in on my inner world but sometimes, part of me does want to get it out there. I guess sometimes peopling doesn't come naturally. My people need isn't horribly strong 100% of the time but I would hate to loose the people who I have let in.

Ni is indeed a perceiving function but we still have the J going for us. Some INFJs may not even look J but our J catches up with us sooner or later. Some people, the J barely even manifests, others you can see it more. I do have some perfectionistic tendencies, more for myself and my work than on others. I can be particular about getting things done that I need to get done and going the extra mile on the work I do. Also about where my priorities are exactly. if I don't do that, it just seems incomplete. I often need a week or many days to be alone and hate people intruding on this time. Even when it's been for hours or days.

I'm often coming up with ideas for things, they come at the most random time and can't be forced. So many ideas, so little time which is why it's good to strike while the iron is hot. I kind of multitask on the various ideas that spawn. I'm slow at producing but am proud when I get around to making them reality. I also like to pick things apart and look deeply into things.

I would say I myself am just messy, not so much tidy. I do tidy up but when I do get around to cleaning, those skills had to be learned. My belongings go into chaos if I don't keep on top of them. Mess doesn't bother me terribly but super neat freaks get bad first impressions of me because of what a mess I am. It's one thing that's evident to people off the bat.