User Tag List

  1. #60951
    kaleidescope Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't understand your question.
    Well how about this: were you serious with everything you said recently?
    Forever Flowing

  2. #60952
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe
    Posts
    8,040

    Default

    help i dont wanna do my last reading of the day really bad but i need to

  3. #60953
    The Road not Taken Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Well how about this: were you serious with everything you said recently?
    On this thread, yes. Your attempt at "robot speech" looked like normal discourse, except upon rereading the topics were a bit pedestrian.
    Our friendship would profit us both alike. Much we could still accomplish together, to heal the disorders of the world. Let us understand one another, and dismiss from thought these lesser folk.

  4. #60954
    kaleidescope Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    On this thread, yes. Your attempt at "robot speech" looked like normal discourse, except upon rereading the topics were a bit pedestrian.
    I know it wasn't meant to be exciting content wise, just the sound/vibe or lack of which I was getting at.
    Forever Flowing

  5. #60955
    The Road not Taken Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I know it wasn't meant to be exciting content wise, just the sound/vibe or lack of which I was getting at.
    Perhaps the people with whom I associate simply have a neutral conversational style, though with more interesting content.
    Our friendship would profit us both alike. Much we could still accomplish together, to heal the disorders of the world. Let us understand one another, and dismiss from thought these lesser folk.

  6. #60956
    kaleidescope Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Perhaps the people with whom I associate simply have a neutral conversational style, though with more interesting content.
    Hey if the content is interesting enough without the need for peripheral way of persuasion in their speech, then it's a-okay by me.
    Forever Flowing
    Likes Xann liked this post

  7. #60957
    The Road not Taken Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Hey if the content is interesting enough without the need for peripheral way of persuasion in their speech, then it's a-okay by me.
    So then it is not a problem if people talk like robots, as long as they have something to say?
    Our friendship would profit us both alike. Much we could still accomplish together, to heal the disorders of the world. Let us understand one another, and dismiss from thought these lesser folk.
    Likes Xann liked this post

  8. #60958
    kaleidescope Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So then it is not a problem if people talk like robots, as long as they have something to say?
    Yes.
    Forever Flowing

  9. #60959
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Sometimes people who don't talk like robots in a stereotypical sense still seem like robots in their behaviour or lack of individuality, this tends to annoy the balanced robot/non-robot crowd greatly. I'd take a high quality logicbot over a Miley Cyrus fan who makes use of flowery emotionally appealing language any day of the week.
    Likes Forever liked this post

  10. #60960
    The Road not Taken Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    18,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    Sometimes people who don't talk like robots in a stereotypical sense still seem like robots in their behaviour or lack of individuality, this tends to annoy the balanced robot/non-robot crowd greatly. I'd take a high quality logicbot over a Miley Cyrus fan who makes use of flowery emotionally appealing language any day of the week.
    Don't get me started. So would I. They are conformists in their flowery, emotive speech.
    Our friendship would profit us both alike. Much we could still accomplish together, to heal the disorders of the world. Let us understand one another, and dismiss from thought these lesser folk.
    Likes Xann, N/A liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 980
    Last Post: 01-30-2018, 12:45 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 12-22-2017, 08:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO