User Tag List

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

moved into the new house and now have the internet back!

and I feel old saying this, but I'm not sure that my back will ever forgive me for deciding that I could DEFINITELY lift all of those heavy things (I totally did though!) also, I caught my fingers in one of the seams in the garage door and smashed them enough that I bent the fucking garage door... obviously I'm some sort of cousin to wolverine (or @Poki )
    “71-hour Ahmed was not superstitious. He was substitious, which put him in a minority among humans. He didn't believe in the things everyone believed in but which nevertheless weren't true. He believed instead in the things that were true in which no one else believed.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Xann, SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Huh? Who's moving in together? Who's sorry?
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by GIjade View Post
    Huh? Who's moving in together? Who's sorry?
    why, is it you bcvcdc?
    “71-hour Ahmed was not superstitious. He was substitious, which put him in a minority among humans. He didn't believe in the things everyone believed in but which nevertheless weren't true. He believed instead in the things that were true in which no one else believed.” -Terry Pratchett

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Sometimes I feel like I'm being passive-aggressively referred to here. But maybe that's just me overanalyzing and getting pissed off at nothing. Foruming is stupid.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

tfw you have your computer address u as Master
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I'm being passive-aggressively referred to here. But maybe that's just me overanalyzing and getting pissed off at nothing. Foruming is stupid.
    When you feel like that it's important to remember the quote that you'd worry less about what others thought of you if you only realised how seldom they do.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations
    Likes themightyfetus, Hawthorne liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Yeah, me too. And actually they are doing this. It seems to be the only way they can communicate. Passive aggressiveness goes absolutely nowhere. It's pretty sad, really.
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

They said something about my brother, my husband, his brother and a girlfriend who I detest. They're lying to me again, and planning something that will leave me in tears, but they don't fucking care.
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Last trip to the old house... Waiting for some laundry to dry and smoking a Dominican cigar I found... This all feels kind of strange seeing that we lived here for over 6 years
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I could never be a parent for a variety of reasons, though I have just thought of a rather tangible/realistic reason, and one that would destroy all relationships.

If my partner were to tell our child he/she could/couldn't do something, and I disagreed with it, I would "overrule" the other spouse and do things my way and not yield from it one inch.
    When you have a long term rel with someone, and get to the point of having a child with them (either through a 10 month long pregnancy or a long adoption process), your heart will have changed in some ways that will make you unlike you are before that happens. Making all this a mute point. As your baby grows and becomes a child and young adult, etc., you will discuss parenting with your mate, soul search, practice techniques, listen to sage advice, make mistakes, and grow from all of it, which will also make you into a parent you cannot fathom now. Not only that, but if you co-sleep, and practice attachment parenting, your hormones will literally change, making you into a new parent with new impulses and ideals.

All of which you cannot fathom before becoming a parent.

There are some parenting practices that I would not tolerate from anyone, nor would I be willing to compromise on. I'm much too stubborn and headstrong with something like that, in particular if I saw them as being unfair.
    What parenting practices are those? Why would you not tolerate them? Do you mean you would not tolerate abuse? There is a very wide 'right' spectrum for raising happy and healthy children. If you fall into a narrow category, it just likely means you have issues to deal with from your own childhood along the way (as we all do).

In otherwords, when it would come to raising a child, I would be intolerant to anyone having equal or greater power as I do with raising them.

At least I know I would be like this though, and thus will never do it .
    Are you a man? If so, you would be the one with the greater power. If you are a woman, you will need to learn to submit to your children's father.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com