User Tag List

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

I keep getting Obamacare emails in my spam folder. "There is still time to register!"

No. There isn't. I'm not even American. lol

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

How the hell did the guys in the bloodhound gang come up with the lyrics to bad touch? People only remember the damn chorus but that song is pretty freaking sophisticate in the rhymes.

Also what's with the video was America actually at war with France at that time?
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    I keep getting Obamacare emails in my spam folder. "There is still time to register!"

No. There isn't. I'm not even American. lol

All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations
    Likes Olm the Water King, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

: - )

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post

: - )
    The ISTJs don't surprise me. The ESTJs do.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w8/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Olm the Water King, Fate liked this post

Senior Member Captain_Invincible's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    IDK sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    The ISTJs don't surprise me. The ESTJs do.
    xSTJs usually have the patience to deal with programming, lol.
    I am actually kinda surprised at the ESTP stats, I would have thought that there would be less of those, and a lot more ISTPs, but they're actually pretty equal.
    And 5% for ISFP? Nice! There's more of those than ENTJs.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    True. I don't think I would mind programming. But it really feels like an introvert's job, to me. Very isolating. But I guess extroverts know how to make do with those situations, and find the social time they can.

Edit: It looks like I know a disproportionate number of INFJ programmers, btw.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w8/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    I am actually kinda surprised at the ESTP stats, I would have thought that there would be less of those, and a lot more ISTPs, but they're actually pretty equal.
    And 5% for ISFP? Nice! There's more of those than ENTJs.
    There is in absolue terms, but not in terms of MBTI vs general ratio.

The main division seems to be one of T vs F.

Senior Member Captain_Invincible's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    IDK sx/so

True. I don't think I would mind programming. But it really feels like an introvert's job, to me. Very isolating. But I guess extroverts know how to make do with those situations, and find the social time they can.

Yeah, my ESTJ Dad usually has the consistency and patience of a saint. Sometimes I think he is an ISTJ because of his more introverted nature, but he is a Te Machine. I could be a programmer, but I would need a lot of coffee to help me concentrate. Yeah, I just find social time between assignments (even between classes in my course) and make do with that. I would much rather be the one in charge of the general area, because monotonous jobs put me astray, and I'm much better at being in charge, and organizing people/jobs than being told what to do anyway.

Nice. I thought the INFJs were the ones who dreamed up the code in their sleep kidding.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Wow. I don't know any INFJ programmers. There is another INFP programmer here at work, though.

@Sultan of Beans, where did that chart come from? I'm curious about the programmer population used, because it seems more heavily-weighted toward Extraverts than has been my experience.

Never mind, find the original here. The sample population is:

Quote Originally Posted by study
    Our sample comprises a group of 100 software engineers (80% male and 20% female) who study in private or public universities, or work for the government, or work for software companies. They are all productive and motivated software engineers, and were selected to participate in this study based on their occupation, and were administered the MBTI (Form G) to determine their personality types. This study is relevant because it considers both professionals in a job setting and students in upper level university classes, as well as graduate students. Some students are already working as software engineers. This supports a greater generality of the results reported here.
    I wish the study broke down the population more, and described what kind of programming jobs/environments were involved (and the relative proportions).

The discussion section of the study paints with a broad brush in the discussions section, tending towards the stereotypical. Still, interesting to read.
    Likes Olm the Water King, EJCC liked this post