User Tag List

  1. #57761
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,730

    Default

    Castle: He reminds me of early Frank Miller.
    Beckett: Which Frank? Epic Comic or Dark Horse Years?
    Castle: Oh my god, that is the sexiest thing I have ever heard you say.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  2. #57762
    across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    1,583

    Default


  3. #57763
    Bird of War Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    KAWW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    Meh, maybe. I might go and buy a Chinese or something and bring it back up and watch a movie. Basketball? Never watch it. It's never on here in Ireland, and we don't have the same interest as Americans do. And it's probably 4-5 hours behind us online somewhere.
    Oh wow... yeah, people probably don't watch basketball in other countries.
    Likes Captain_Invincible liked this post

  4. #57764
    across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    1,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Oh wow... yeah, people probably don't watch basketball in other countries.
    Basketball is quite popular here and in a lot of other countries. Spain, Italy, Serbia, Greece, Lithuania, Croatia, Russia, Turkey, France, China, Lebanon, Israel... Those are just a few I can think of.

    Basketball is the most popular spectator TV sport in China.

  5. #57765
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    22,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    Basketball is quite popular here and in a lot of other countries. Spain, Italy, Serbia, Greece, Lithuania, Croatia, Russia, Turkey, France, China, Lebanon, Israel... Those are just a few I can think of.

    Basketball is the most popular spectator TV sport in China.
    I like most sports to spectate.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

  6. #57766
    Bird of War Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    KAWW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,221

    Default

    My mischief tonight consists of eating in a diner.

  7. #57767
    is indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    THE HEART DOES NOT REST UNTIL IT RESTS IN THEE

    Found that on a gravestone today.
    tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers
    and you want to take her with you, to the hard land of the winter
    Likes Xann, senza tema liked this post

  8. #57768
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    22,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    THE HEART DOES NOT REST UNTIL IT RESTS IN THEE

    Found that on a gravestone today.
    Its my new thing.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

  9. #57769
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,356

    Default

    cut out of work 40 minutes early and I never do that

    control freak coworker who left the department was back for the day and spent the whole time undermining me and finally started yelling at me... and I'm technically her boss when she's over there. I was tired and after the months we'd worked together I had given up on fighting her because there are some people who it is just pointless to fight with... if you're more laid back it's pointless to fight a control freak because the moment you turn your back to focus on getting shit done they're slipping into your place... and my number one focus is getting shit done in the most efficient manner possible while at work (I've done most of the innovations in place in two departments so far as far as flow and organization go). She yelled at me and I'd really just had enough of that and there was no point in getting in a fight that she'd drag on for the next month, so I walked out... told my supervisor I was leaving and must have looked pretty upset because he told me that it was perfectly fine and not to feel bad about leaving because he could totally understand my reason.

    I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or if she isn't or what... I don't get it
    “71-hour Ahmed was not superstitious. He was substitious, which put him in a minority among humans. He didn't believe in the things everyone believed in but which nevertheless weren't true. He believed instead in the things that were true in which no one else believed.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #57770
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    cut out of work 40 minutes early and I never do that

    control freak coworker who left the department was back for the day and spent the whole time undermining me and finally started yelling at me... and I'm technically her boss when she's over there. I was tired and after the months we'd worked together I had given up on fighting her because there are some people who it is just pointless to fight with... if you're more laid back it's pointless to fight a control freak because the moment you turn your back to focus on getting shit done they're slipping into your place... and my number one focus is getting shit done in the most efficient manner possible while at work (I've done most of the innovations in place in two departments so far as far as flow and organization go). She yelled at me and I'd really just had enough of that and there was no point in getting in a fight that she'd drag on for the next month, so I walked out... told my supervisor I was leaving and must have looked pretty upset because he told me that it was perfectly fine and not to feel bad about leaving because he could totally understand my reason.

    I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or if she isn't or what... I don't get it
    Heh. I'm biased in favor of those who are trying to "get shit done" over control freaks, so I'm of course going to come out in favor of you being in the right.

    As a type 9w8, I have a different experience with control freaks. I avoid conflict and maneuver around them (your secondary strategy), but eventually any true control freak is going to confront me head on, at which point they become quite surprised that I stand up to them. I don't abide bullies. I'm surprised that your supervisor tolerates your coworker if he's sympathetic to your plight.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 980
    Last Post: 01-30-2018, 12:45 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 12-22-2017, 08:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO