User Tag List

  1. #56681
    kaleidescope Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't know why I'm never on here anymore. Maybe I think I have everything figured out. Except Enneagram. Meh, better things to do than that.
    Actually using your Ni in the real world. Good for you.
    Forever Flowing
    Likes greenfairy liked this post

  2. #56682
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Wonder what would happen if you told him you were a rubber duck? hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    thats my username for literally everything.
    If it were me, I would respond to all non-serious inquiries with a series of well thought out quacks.

    If a dude quacks back, that's how you know you've found a keeper.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  3. #56683
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    I cant flirt on dating websites.

    Literally the conversation goes like this.

    Dude: Hi

    Me: Seriously, you are online. I wrote a profile. we will never meet eachother in real life. That's the risk you're going to take?

    Dude:...

    Me: I'm just saying...lol

    Dude: Peace.

    *sits back on chair and contemplates*

    Damn, he was cute too.
    So the first thing you say on a DATING web site is that you will never meet in real life?! Isn't that kind of missing the point?
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  4. #56684
    corona Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Oh. Hello there, shiny new @whatever.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, N/A, uumlau liked this post

  5. #56685
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Oh. Hello there, shiny new @whatever.
    better than being called old!

    “71-hour Ahmed was not superstitious. He was substitious, which put him in a minority among humans. He didn't believe in the things everyone believed in but which nevertheless weren't true. He believed instead in the things that were true in which no one else believed.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

  6. #56686
    kaleidescope Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,856

    Default

    Oh great a snake instead of an octopus. At least you can slither around the land with the rest of us mammals.
    Forever Flowing
    Likes Hard liked this post

  7. #56687
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    30,047

    Default

    being a good person should never be a competition you should be nice because you want to and not expect anything in return. though if you get something that's nice, but these days of facebook and twitter i see people bragging about how much they've helped others and how saintly they are. ok great i just to lend a helping hand when i can, but very rarely do i say look at how wonderful i am. because i dunno it feels cheap and fake to me. it's like are you helping because you want to or are you helping because you want to brag about being a good person. maybe i'm just being judgemental

    yes i did try to help someone recently turns out it might've been a bad idea and i did post about it here, but that wasn't like oh i gave someone a dollar because they were short in line (money not height). it's like if you have an extra dollar just give it to them if you can, the whole internet doesn't need to know. hold the door open for someone? great i do that all the time, but i don't go around saying oh i'm a good person because i held the door open. holding the door is not that hard to do. i dunno just seeing that stuff makes me wonder why people need to prove they're good people so bad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    better than being called old!

    (c)old
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #56688
    Senior Member evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    So the first thing you say on a DATING web site is that you will never meet in real life?! Isn't that kind of missing the point?
    the odds of it happening are very fucking slim if he starts off the conversation with hi. So might as well actually put effort in the message, if there ends up to be a falling out it wouldn't matter, and he doesn't have to be TOO embarrassed.Since The odds of running into eachother in real life are slim.

    that's where I was gettin at. Am I making sense?
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran


    What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

  9. #56689
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    the odds of it happening are very fucking slim if he starts off the conversation with hi. So might as well actually put effort in the message, if there ends up to be a falling out it wouldn't matter, and he doesn't have to be TOO embarrassed.Since The odds of running into eachother in real life are slim.

    that's where I was gettin at. Am I making sense?
    Yes, but you were also saying you "can't flirt" and I was pointing out why: you cut him off at the knees. It's like Jerry MacGuire, except instead of "You had me at 'hello'" it's "You shot me down at 'Hi!'". You actually need to give people a chance to be themselves, first.

    For the longest time I hated "small talk". (The cultural phenomenon, not the computer language!) People wanted to talk about the STUPIDEST things, in my opinion, conversations with no point, about things I couldn't care less. Now, I'm not saying that there still aren't certain ways people use small talk that make me want to stab out my eyes with a pencil, BUT as often as not, just giving them a moment to chat about trivial things is like the keys to the Kingdom of Good Conversation, and they warm up a bit and the topic changes to something they care about other than the weather. The small talk builds up a small about of "connection" at which point THEN you can get to the interesting, clever and meaningful stuff.

    Only NTs ever seem to need this advice.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  10. #56690
    Senior Member evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Yes, but you were also saying you "can't flirt" and I was pointing out why: you cut him off at the knees. It's like Jerry MacGuire, except instead of "You had me at 'hello'" it's "You shot me down at 'Hi!'". You actually need to give people a chance to be themselves, first.

    For the longest time I hated "small talk". (The cultural phenomenon, not the computer language!) People wanted to talk about the STUPIDEST things, in my opinion, conversations with no point, about things I couldn't care less. Now, I'm not saying that there still aren't certain ways people use small talk that make me want to stab out my eyes with a pencil, BUT as often as not, just giving them a moment to chat about trivial things is like the keys to the Kingdom of Good Conversation, and they warm up a bit and the topic changes to something they care about other than the weather. The small talk builds up a small about of "connection" at which point THEN you can get to the interesting, clever and meaningful stuff.

    Only NTs ever seem to need this advice.
    that doesnt make sense.

    Does small talk really impress the majority? Do people really think. "WOW, the weather is nice over in boresville? and he enjoys long walks?! THATS SO EXCITING"

    Also, why would I want to waste my time "warming up" with someone for an hour with small talk, then find out we arnt compabedble. wouldnt it make more sense for me to "jump the gun." I dont want to give someone Im talking to a sense of security, thinking that I'm someone Im not. I dont put smilie faces on the end of sentences to be cute, or say lol, or say thank you when you shallowly compliment me. I dont beat around the bush, or play fair for your comfort.

    Isnt that what small talk is? Making the other person comfortable? If so, then that isnt really me. By allowing them to get comfortable, Im not being "myself" in a way. I dont want to waste thier time either. Making them think "oh, this girl is normal." and then after meeting me they are like "shit. what the hell."

    Real life, sure. Ill do small talk, because there is body language, tone of voice, sentence structure for me to read and guess whats appropriate and whats not. Online? All I have is my words. That's the only thing I have to my advantage. If you can keep up with word play. Great. f you are a sport about it, Fantastic.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran


    What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 980
    Last Post: 01-30-2018, 12:45 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 12-22-2017, 08:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO