User Tag List

First 2933433833913923933943954034434938931393 Last

Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 77114

  1. #3921
    Senior Member Pixelholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    I've got a fuckton of grad admissions essays I should be writing!
    yeah, I have to start applying to PhDs soon, which ALSO means I have to take GREs probably
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

  2. #3922

    Default

    Why can't french fries and all fried food for that matter be healthy? They taste so good they should be good for your heart.


  3. #3923
    don't fence me in sui generis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    yeah, I have to start applying to PhDs soon, which ALSO means I have to take GREs probably
    Been there, done that. Did way better than I expected. So very relieved to have that behind me, and to never have to study math again.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

    approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

  4. #3924
    Senior Member Pixelholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    571

    Default

    ugh math, the thing I haven't had to bother with for seven years.. >_<
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

  5. #3925
    don't fence me in sui generis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx
    Posts
    746

    Default

    ^^ I hadn't taken a math course since 1998, but I did OK. I actually did better on quantitative than verbal. I read a blog post that said that the GRE is about 9th grade math and graduate-level English. They're not wrong, but I find grad-level English way easier than ninth-grade math.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

    approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

  6. #3926
    Fin Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    I could use a fire under my ass too. Y'all pass the torch when you're done jumpstarting what you need to do, please!

  7. #3927
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    22,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I could use a fire under my ass too. Y'all pass the torch when you're done jumpstarting what you need to do, please!
    When I read that first I thought you said you needed a fire in the ass!
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

  8. #3928
    Fin Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    When I read that first I thought you said you needed a fire in the ass!
    Oh great--you just caused me to have a coughing fit laughing over this!

  9. #3929
    Super S God Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    One of our kittens was sneaking by the kitchen table just now - unsuspecting that I was watching. Suddenly, he sped up as he'd passed under the table, jumped to the window - and I grabbed him like lightning! Wow, talk about reflexes.

  10. #3930
    Senior Member Pixelholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    ^^ I hadn't taken a math course since 1998, but I did OK. I actually did better on quantitative than verbal. I read a blog post that said that the GRE is about 9th grade math and graduate-level English. They're not wrong, but I find grad-level English way easier than ninth-grade math.
    Well that shouldn't be toooo hard then. I was good at math (went up to Alg. II which was the minimum) I just hated it so I quit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    One of our kittens was sneaking by the kitchen table just now - unsuspecting that I was watching. Suddenly, he sped up as he'd passed under the table, jumped to the window - and I grabbed him like lightning! Wow, talk about reflexes.
    That was probably you crowning moment of badass. Remember it well.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 980
    Last Post: 01-30-2018, 12:45 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 12-22-2017, 08:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO