User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 139

  1. #91
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Mikhail Kalashnikov must be rolling in his grave.

  2. #92
    Meat Tornado DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I've never seen anything about your views on guns (at least not that I remember), but your stance in here gives plenty of reason to think you're anti-gun, if for no other reason than I don't know why you'd really care enough to argue this much about this topic if you weren't. Honestly, who cares that it's in the political subforum? It's clearly become a political thread.
    I bother him. Not the guns.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

    8w9 sx/so

  3. #93
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Mikhail Kalashnikov must be rolling in his grave.


    It even comes with a tail to braid during battle!

  4. #94
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra
    This is not the one area where it would get this kind of reaction.

    It was liable to get this reaction in any part of the forum where anti-gun members could post in it.

    Look at mole's original post -- the first political one in thread: he said we should ban such speech on this forum.
    Mole thinks a lot of things should be banned.
    That's true.

    Doesn't change the fact that this thread would've likely turned political in any part of the forum where anti-gun members could post in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    My behavior here gives plenty of reason to think I'm anti-gun? You believe the only reason someone can protest the placement of a thread is if they disagree with the content? Interesting.
    No, not the only reason, just the most sensible one in this case.

    As I've said, the thread has clear political reasoning and intentions, so I don't see why one should protest it being in this forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    As for my views on the issue, you've simply missed it. I usually make only one post because people on both sides of the argument are way too emotional and hypocritical.
    I haven't engaged much in the gun control threads.
    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

  5. #95
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It's not a "current event". It doesn't belong here anymore than a thread on cooking tips belongs here. Personal stuff is not a "current event".
    This subforum is not titled "Current Events".

    It's titled "Politics, History, and Current Events".

    And this thread certainly has to do with Politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Nope, this is what I enjoy, casting a "blanket of grief" as you say.
    Well, now the truth comes out.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I bother him. Not the guns.
    What is the reason for the clash between you two?

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post


    It even comes with a tail to braid during battle!
    That is freakin adorable.

    It makes me want to have a daughter just so I can get her one.
    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

  6. #96
    Meat Tornado DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    What is the reason for the clash between you two?
    We're both ENTJ's and see the world differently. Or at least that would be my guess.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

    8w9 sx/so

  7. #97
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    [...] but isn't it more likely that you've been around too long & that you're imagining patterns of behavior that don't really exist except in your mind?
    No?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I drive a black Audi thank you very much.
    I deliberately changed a detail so the scenario would not appear too lifelike.

  8. #98
    Meat Tornado DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I deliberately changed a detail so the scenario would not appear too lifelike.
    Ahh. Well then carry on I guess.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

    8w9 sx/so

  9. #99
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post


    It even comes with a tail to braid during battle!
    I'm speechless.

    As for the on-going spergfest about where this thread is located. Carry on. I got other issues to worry about.

  10. #100
    Meat Tornado DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Carry on. I got other issues to worry about.
    You always were smarter than the average bear.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

    8w9 sx/so

Similar Threads

  1. Help me pick my avatar
    By compulsiverambler in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 06:22 AM
  2. Help me pick a career
    By The Third Rider in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
  3. Help me pick a christmas song
    By GZA in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 01:16 AM
  4. Help me with picking some songs.
    By Angry Ayrab in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO