User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

The scent of a woman's hair is one of the most intoxicating things there is on this planet.

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    The scent of a woman's hair is one of the most intoxicating things there is on this planet.
    This.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

If it is.... then I'm a major creep lol. Smells remind me of memories and people that I'm attached to, so I get attached to smells the same way. I suppose it's way less creepy if you are romantically involved with or it's someone close to you. I like the smell of certain family members & friends, I'm not creepy about it but I'll say "you smell nice" or something and then laugh about it. Personally, I like to think it's not creepy. The scent makes you think of them or you connect it to a memory, it's natural.
    Every flower is a soul, blossoming in nature

Jack's Dulcet Darling..❤️
    Likes Metis liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I simply love it. I traded uniforms with someone I like, and I wear the jacket and it smells like he does and it gives me so much comfort--I really dread the day I will wash it, and I don't use the jacket as often as I want just to keep the smell around longer.

There are certain ways people smell that I absolutely enjoy outside of attraction too--I don't really make it obvious but I will sit closer to someone and enjoy the way they smell. Women usually have a very pleasent smell to them that reminds me of summer, and a guy that doesn't have a BO problem that's just worked up a light sweat tends to smell nice to me as well.

Anyways, the point is, when I was wearing the jacket I realized I didn't really want to tell the previous owner that I wasn't wearing it so often to keep the smell around.. it seemed creepy in my head to say that.

Would you be creeped out if someone told you that? Granted, dude and I are attracted to each other, but does it make you feel odd if someone tells you you smell nice outside of noticing your perfume? Is there a way of saying that where it doesn't sound creepy? Because I'm drawing a blank on that one.. I don't want to lie, but telling the truth just seems like a unnecessary evil to me right now.
    No, I would be flattered and would think it was sweet. I mean, if the person said, "Please? I like how you smell! I sniff your jacket all the time! That proves we're made for each other!" then it would sound desperate and potentially unstable, just like any other way of begging to date or marry someone does. But in and of itself, no, it's a compliment.

A man complimented me on how I smelled when we were sweaty. The compliment made me want to get closer to him. Part of the reason for keeping a polite distance between yourself and another person, for me, is so that you don't impose your smells on them, and vice versa. I would have probably assumed that I stank, and kept more distance, but I was happy to know that he liked how I smelled, so I didn't need to be polite about my scent.

Of course, if he'd been aggressive or odd about it, that would have been a different situation.

But if a man politely told me he liked how I smelled, didn't act either aggressive or desperate, I would enjoy the compliment and would probably smile and say, "Thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by Winds of Thor View Post
    A girl in high school asked me if she could wear my jacket. She never gave it back haha. I think some people are more sensual with smell than others. I mean is it important to them?

I admire her for saying I smell good. I think it's a way women emotionally go deeper and connect with you. Why is does it happen around the chest area though?
    Good point. A voice that makes a man's chest resonate well is pleasant in a similar way.
    And did you exchange
    A walk-on part in the war
    For a lead role in a cage?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

No, but it's creepy to go around sniffing people like a doggo. Just admire their good smells from a respectable personal space bubble distance.
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    No, but it's creepy to go around sniffing people like a doggo. Just admire their good smells from a respectable personal space bubble distance.
    *sniff* *sniff* mmmmmmm so good *sniff* *sniff*

I'm sniffing you
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Yama, Hermit Of The Forest liked this post

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    smells like updog in here...
    “The only intelligent tactical response to life’s horror is to laugh defiantly at it.”
    ― søren kierkegaard

“Most men are not wicked... They are sleep-walkers, not evil evildoers.”
    ―franz kafka

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    ― kurt vonnegut
    Likes Yama liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    smells like updog in here...
    You're not gonna catch me with that one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I simply love it. I traded uniforms with someone I like, and I wear the jacket and it smells like he does and it gives me so much comfort--I really dread the day I will wash it, and I don't use the jacket as often as I want just to keep the smell around longer.

There are certain ways people smell that I absolutely enjoy outside of attraction too--I don't really make it obvious but I will sit closer to someone and enjoy the way they smell. Women usually have a very pleasent smell to them that reminds me of summer, and a guy that doesn't have a BO problem that's just worked up a light sweat tends to smell nice to me as well.

Anyways, the point is, when I was wearing the jacket I realized I didn't really want to tell the previous owner that I wasn't wearing it so often to keep the smell around.. it seemed creepy in my head to say that.

Would you be creeped out if someone told you that? Granted, dude and I are attracted to each other, but does it make you feel odd if someone tells you you smell nice outside of noticing your perfume? Is there a way of saying that where it doesn't sound creepy? Because I'm drawing a blank on that one.. I don't want to lie, but telling the truth just seems like a unnecessary evil to me right now.
    Are you asking are you weird?
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    Are you asking are you weird?
    I am well aware of how weird I am. The bolded question was one someone else asked. Still don't really have a way of politely telling someone they smell good.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Lark liked this post