User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    In that same situation, I might have to talk my INTP husband from going back to the store to pay for the item. He is probably the most conscientious person I know. Having a conscience does not disqualify a person from being an NT.
    I would agree. I tend to have issues when I'm not charged for something that I requested and got.

However; if I made any attempt to resolve it at the time, if they were in any way inconsiderate at the time... then I would feel no remorse just forgetting about it. It's not your responsibility to ensure they do their job - especially after telling them how to do it, or if they are failing to your job.

In short, your moral obligation is dependent how much you are responsible for the issue. You didn't cause the problem and after you attempted to resolve it. That combined with the original responsibility being with them... you are most certainly not obligated to instill a cost upon yourself for their benefit.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    What should I do?
    Deep inside you know the right thing to do - right? It doesn't matter if she made a mistake or you have a time/money consuming drive infront of you - right is right and wrong is wrong! Personally, I'd feel rotten knowing that I'd indirectly stolen from other people. Furthermore, the the owners of the store shouldn't pay for the mistake of an irresponsible check out girl. IMHO, from what you describe, she should actually be fired for this. You, (a customer) WARNED her and she refused to go through the little trouble of double checking.

...ok, I feel all weird inside now but it was fun .
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.

MBTI
    ENFJ

She sounds like a right pain since you were trying to do the right thing. Mail them a copy of the receipt...and a check for ummm $6.58 (minus the price of the stamp . Hopefully the receipt will have the cashiers id on it and they'll give her a go for not being more careful. However with gas at almost $3.00 a gallon there is NO way I would drive back and hand them the money. Give a call...drop a letter in the post.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Or you could call the manager and ask them what they would like you to do. If I were the manager, I'd let it slide and show appreciation for the honesty. Possibly even sending the customer a coupon or something. From the manager's standpoint I would feel badly that the mistake caused the customer hassle or energy. If I made the mistake of undercharging, and insisted I hadn't, I would also never go back on that word to a customer, but give them the benefit. When in conflict or doubt it is generally better to have the customer feel appreciated and receiving the benefit. You don't want them leaving your store remembering some hassle and misunderstanding, you want them leaving feeling appreciated and like they benefited with a good deal.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hmmm. We sure squeezed out a lot of analysis and drama, out of one little careless oversight by a check-out clerk.

Wait until we get a major problem to solve for you, Wolf -- we might be here for a few days.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Alright, what type do you think I am?
    I think you are INTJ, which is why your post annoyed me. It was either playing to the NF crowd, or manipulative. Possibly both.

As for the NFs, it seems they enjoy being manipulated.

MBTI
    INTj

I don't even think that this question can be classified as a "dilemma." It's that insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac
    I think you are INTJ, which is why your post annoyed me. It was either playing to the NF crowd, or manipulative. Possibly both.
    Eh. Wolf isn't really a manipulative person. I think he honestly feels bad about getting away with something that wasn't even his fault.
    Last edited by nottaprettygal; 05-06-2007 at 10:51 PM. Reason: add

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Eh. Wolf isn't really a manipulative person. I think he honestly feels bad about getting away with something that wasn't even his fault.
    Since when do INTJs feel guilty about that?

It's not even that he feels guilty, but that he made a thread about it. For what purpose? To get the NFs to comment.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Since when do INTJs feel guilty about that?

It's not even that he feels guilty, but that he made a thread about it. For what purpose? To get the NFs to comment.
    Heh. I'm acting like I know wolf, but he doesn't seem to have an agenda. He's probably just a really honest person and looks at the rest of us dishonest liars with disdain.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Heh. I'm acting like I know wolf, but he doesn't seem to have an agenda. He's probably just a really honest person and looks at the rest of us dishonest liars with disdain.
    Guilt though? Someone else makes a mistake, which he tried to prevent, not his fault. Life goes on.