User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Accents

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh damn...i know what you're talking about now. i'm sure i've heard that too.
    I've never heard people soundly pronounce the "h" unless they were police.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

they even had me take etiquette classes! haha i just remembered that!! did you too? is that why we hold stuff like we do!? it was so long ago i had forgotten.
    I did take etiquette... and thanks to that I never grab the wrong fork or drink out of someone else's water glass

seriously... nothing's more traumatic than to be told to "mind your manners" all the time when you're a young ESTP
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I have no outstanding accent unless I'm extremely tired or drunk, and my jaw goes all lazy on me and I revert to this weird Maine/Boston accent where R's literally drop out of my vocabulary and I sound mentally disabled. I also tend to talk like a stoner in this case on top of it all. It always starts with a simple word and I'll say, "That's queah." (Instead of queer) or "Weahd" and all my friends start to say, "Oh geez, you gotta get to bed." If i'm in another area my accent tends to gravitate towards those around me.

I don't like Maine accents and very very strong, slow Southern accents. I dislike New Jersey accents. I also dislike accents that are so mixed that it sounds almost fake or like the person is making fun of someone. Don't mind most other accents, though!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I've never heard people soundly pronounce the "h" unless they were police.
    wow! really? that is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I did take etiquette... and thanks to that I never grab the wrong fork or drink out of someone else's water glass

seriously... nothing's more traumatic than to be told to "mind your manners" all the time when you're a young ESTP
    haha yeah....my grandmother was constantly saying sit up straight dear and remember your manners haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I have no outstanding accent unless I'm extremely tired or drunk, and my jaw goes all lazy on me and I revert to this weird Maine/Boston accent where R's literally drop out of my vocabulary and I sound mentally disabled. I also tend to talk like a stoner in this case on top of it all. It always starts with a simple word and I'll say, "That's queah." (Instead of queer) or "Weahd" and all my friends start to say, "Oh geez, you gotta get to bed." If i'm in another area my accent tends to gravitate towards those around me.

I don't like Maine accents and very very strong, slow Southern accents. I dislike New Jersey accents. I also dislike accents that are so mixed that it sounds almost fake or like the person is making fun of someone. Don't mind most other accents, though!
    Ha ha ha... that is amazing.

I actually really like the different New England accents. I one time was passing by a group of people with one of those colonial-era tour guides, a woman dressed in a period gown with a little parasol and as I got closer her words were coming out in the heaviest of South Boston accents... "and then I MEARRIED him when I was twenty-fo-ah."

Priceless.

I looooove hearing the different ways that people pronounce things. I actually really like American accents from the South...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Ha ha ha... that is amazing.

I actually really like the different New England accents. I one time was passing by a group of people with one of those colonial-era tour guides, a woman dressed in a period gown with a little parasol and as I got closer her words were coming out in the heaviest of South Boston accents... "and then I MEARRIED him when I was twenty-fo-ah."

Priceless.

I looooove hearing the different ways that people pronounce things. I actually really like American accents from the South...
    haha. I like them too. Just not when they are really extreme. I'm also a frequent abuser of the word "wicked"
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

haha yeah....my grandmother was constantly saying sit up straight dear and remember your manners haha
    I STILL get told to behave by my parents whenever I talk to them on the phone

** and why doesn't anyone ever appreciate the valley girl accent... I slip into that when in a silly mood sometimes... badly
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha!! me too!! it's probably a bit apparent on here even...but yeah i'll say like omg!! valley girl style...or ewww gag me haha...we are SO mature whatevs!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

like, totally!

I think that I even have a video in the videos thread where I talk in valley girl lingo the entire time

my sis and I even taught our mom the proper way to pronounce certain words that way before

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

** and why doesn't anyone ever appreciate the valley girl accent... I slip into that when in a silly mood sometimes... badly
    I am with you. I slip into Texan Valley Girl when I drink (too much)....badly as well.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com