User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Thread: The Beer Thread

MBTI
    ENFP

Can someone explain to me what "alt bier" is? I was at the beach a few weekends, and my friends had some Fat Tire Amber Alt Bier. I like Fat Tire, so I tried it...and it just didn't taste like Fat Tire, but had a wierd taste that I can't really describe. :p

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

There is a good article on wikipedia...basically it is down to the type of yeast used to ferment the beer. most germanic beers will be "bottom fermenting" (cool) lagers...I prefer a lager myself. Alt is made with a top fermenting (warmer) yeast similar to united Kingdom products and some belgian brews...

Hey, we either like it or we don't. I'm just happy to live in a place where I can try such a variety...
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    Hey, we either like it or we don't. I'm just happy to live in a place where I can try such a variety...
    I concur!

MBTI
    INXP

I tried cactus lime flavoured michelob ultra when in Florida last week. Surprisingly for a flavoured lager style beer I found it pretty good. When suitably chilled.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Yeah I have tried a couple of the new lime flavored mass production brews...they're tasty and light...almost another species of beverage...good with party food.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    ISTx

Lime and beer goes together like coffee and milk.

MBTI
    ENFP

I had Widmer's Belgian Ale (Winter Seasonal) Saturday...it was alright, but I didn't think it was as good as Devul like some other people said. It was a bit too sweet (cinamon-y, clove-y)at first, but a pleastently mild hop finish. Not that I don' like cinamon and cloves, but it just comes on a bit too cloying sweet at first. I would most likely buy it again.

MBTI
    ENFP

I had previously become acquainted with the selection of beer at Cost Plus World Market, and was quite impressed. So when my dad asked me to bring some Dog Fish Head 60 Minute IPA for Superbowl, that was the first place I went to! But this was another store than the last time I had purchased DFH and some other beers, and they did not have any. So I PANICED. Not really...I just went to Whole Foods, since I had always heard people talk about the good selection of beers they have! Thankfully they had some, as well as some other beers from DFH. And numerous other beers. :p I was quite impressed...they will most definently have earned themselves a place in my Best Beer Stores list!

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

DFH has great brews across the board....high quality stuff.

MBTI
    ENFP

Then I'll have to try out some of their other brews, now that I've found a place that has a bit more of a variety!