Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1920

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken View Post
    Taking a forum break. Not sure when I'll be back. Might be months from now.
    I can be reached on Discord, with fleeting appearances on the TypoC main chat room.

See ya.
    Likes Nørrsken liked this post

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Stumbled on old Kalach posts this morning. He has got to be one of the most missed members ever. (I miss him, at any rate).
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari
    Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    yupp
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Falcarius liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    D'aww. I'm around, just been a busier than expected summer. This place is stuck with me.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Amargith, prplchknz, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Today I am shuttering the door on this forum. When I first joined, I thought the forum was going to be about people doing their best to understand other people. I thought it was about getting to the truth of things, even if that meant going to difficult places. (Hey, I am an idealist! Can't help myself there.)

It's not about that though, not anymore. If it ever used to be, that goal has drifted farther and farther away. Why? imo it's because there's no mechanism here to facilitate working out problematic dynamics between people (interpersonal conflict is to be expected, really) and no mechanism in place to help foster personal responsibility for well-being. At present, the result of years of build-up is that this dynamic is simply out of control and running the show. More and more, unprocessed emotions from personal blogs spill out into the forum general, soaking into other threads, where no one is permitted to pick up a mop to help clean that up. Personal grudges are rampant and somehow, the idea of "benevolent avoidance" is ok in this place. Seriously. Because, you know, that's always been a successful communication strategy and a way to help people understand each other.

The ratio of non-typology posts to typology posts is now probably 25 - 1 if I think about it. Why? Because personal stuff is permitted here without any kind of reflection on the impact of that emoting and people's personal issues are far more needy and attention-seeking than discussing typology. Yet, when you pay attention to the blogs, most folks have a far more powerful need to be sympathized with than to see things from another pov. And maybe you see your blog as a room in this house, and you like to imagine you exert some control and privacy in there, but your room is connected to all the others, and affects them. It's a luxury to imagine that one is only emoting in one spot and impacting no one. That's like thinking the bucketful of water you're emptying on the daily isn't getting everyone wet. Or that no one else can hear the music you are playing.

To me, this is a like a family and I have a hard time not trying to help us all get along, because that's my belief of what families do for each other. Yet this is more like a family that lives together and never really talks about the important stuff. A house where children run amok, teenagers slam doors, and adults drink too much. I'm treated like some kind of black sheep for attempting emotional approaches because of the inability of others to process emotions. I've gotten to the point where I can't even be polite about it and pretend not to notice. I get more and more direct with my words which is more and more grating to others. Sensing it all is like being Deanna Troi - so many emotions everywhere! And I'm ok with that, the hard part is that so many are stuck somewhere in the processing stack, years and years of stuck. And there's nothing wrong with that either - unless you're me and want to help out. It's like being in a room of bleeding people who refuse first-aid, like years worth of bleeding. And too, that's your prerogative, you are the expert in your own life, I totally align with that. I recognize it is my problem to be so drawn to wanting to fix that. I am nearly at the point of diagnosing and slapping band-aids on everyone though and that's not a good place for me to be. Is far better in real-life, where people seek out what I offer. That seems to be the only way I can actually be me.

So, I feel disliked, rejected and unappreciated here on the forum - but I will be fine. It's a hard habit to break, coming here (after all I have Si in the stack lol). There used to be more good stuff than bad.

Good luck happy family, I hope you can figure your shit out.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Forever liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    D'aww. I'm around, just been a busier than expected summer. This place is stuck with me.
    good you're not dead.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Hopefully, this is gonna be my last post on this forum. I know it's not serving me when I get into something a bit addictive and I label it addictive rather than sheer joy. Against the better judgement of my inner voice I'm letting this old system pretend it is offering me a lot of value, when all of the value I end up having is when I engage in self-reflection anyway, and I can do that on my own without a system. I'm also not spending time in the real world, living.

It was nice meeting you all, even the ones who seem to dislike me, and I wish all the best in your lives. Hopefully you don't get stuck in all the supposed knowlege our current day psychology has to offer us...and learn that with love as your intention and clarity, in terms of what result you are hoping to accomplish, any barrier whether inner or outer can be overcome. We know jack shit about ourselves an each other for the most part. If you are not happy you are not helping...so I'm gonna strive to be a happy person and wash off all the intellectual masturbation this kind of topic tends to stir up in me and trust that my feeling that things (self-awareness, psychology) is way way simpler is true.

See ya guys <3
    You are the only possible steward of what your soul deems as right and wrong...so you should always be on your own side before anyone else...alive or dead.
    Likes Xann, Amargith liked this post

I miss @miss fortune.

And I think she knew that would happen because otherwise she wouldn't put "miss" in her name. It's all tremendous manipulation
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

@Totenkindly has taken an indefinete leave of absence for all who weren't aware. This bears signifcance to me because on this the tenth year of the forum she is one of the very few original posters who was still consistently posting on the site from day one. She is a tie to MBTIcentral as it was formally called and is a founder of the site. Her transformation begining on the, old now dead INTPcentral to here and through TypeC is phenomenal and if one follows her absurdily abundant forum post count, you can basically trace back the entire history of the site. From begining to now save for one year. She was probably the longest serving mod, beating also departed Ivy.

We'll miss you formally Fortunado, Formally Jennifer, Now just gone, we hope you come back home again.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Fiend View Post
    @Totenkindly has taken an indefinete leave of absence for all who weren't aware. This bears signifcance to me because on this the tenth year of the forum she is one of the very few original posters who was still consistently posting on the site from day one. She is a tie to MBTIcentral as it was formally called and is a founder of the site. Her transformation begining on the, old now dead INTPcentral to here and through TypeC is phenomenal and if one follows her absurdily abundant forum post count, you can basically trace back the entire history of the site. From begining to now save for one year. She was probably the longest serving mod, beating also departed Ivy.

We'll miss you formally Fortunado, Formally Jennifer, Now just gone, we hope you come back home again.
    She's a gem of a human and I'm proud to call her my friend. The forum was lucky to have her for as long as it did.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Atomic Fiend liked this post