Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1920

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I agree, there have been spells during which I've not posted anything and I do think I've seen a general downward spiral in threads or content I find interesting for one reason or another.
    Irony: Top Thread Starters

1 Haight 8,382
    2 Lark 813
    3 prplchknz 588
    4 swordpath 518
    5 Jennifer 502
    6 Ivy 458
    7 Elfboy 386
    8 Victor 382
    9 ygolo 366
    10 entropie 364

(As a side note, the majority of threads started by Ivy, Haight, and me were threads automatically created in the modbox, for site business, rather than forum discussion threads. Otherwise I doubt any of us would have placed... esp Haights, who rarely posts in discussions.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTj

And another burn!

I'm finding this site acceptable today.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've only mentioned that I was disappearing for a while (and that was more of a why than anything) in my blog, which is in the private blogs section, not the forum in general... and that was just out of respect for some old friends on here. Otherwise, I've come and gone many times without saying a word
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    And another burn!

I'm finding this site acceptable today.
    Yay! Haight has another authentic tally to add to his post count!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTj

Yes!

And since this is the MIA thread . . . I will be just that for the next two weeks.

Hopefully there will be $800.00 in the TypeC account when I return!
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Someone once told me "Leaving without saying goodbye means you don't care at all anymore. Saying goodbye means that at least you care enough to let the other person know to never expect you back. Even if you do end up coming back and contradicting yourself it's preferable to make yourself look like an ass like that than to leave people who care about you forever wondering whether you'll ever come back. Leaving without saying goodbye is one of the cruelest things you could do to someone who cares about you."

So sure, leaving a goodbye note could be a cry for attention; a last ditch attempt at prompting someone to say "Wait, don't go!" and give you a reason to stay. It could also mean that you presume someone still cares that you're around, and even though you don't care enough to stay you still care enough about them that you want to give them a means of closure. I'd rather someone I cared about said goodbye before they left. Better that than to feel as though they assumed I didn't care about them anymore, even if the end result either way is that we never speak again.

I have been thinking about leaving this place for a while. It becomes more difficult as time goes by to feign interest. My interest in typology dwindled to nothing months ago. It could not be more tedious and boring to me now. I'm still interested in some people, what they have to say and what stories they have to tell, but I feel the medium itself isn't conducive to my participation anymore. It feels like I can't talk to these people, as much as I would like to. "I'd rather have nothing than settle for less," I guess.

I have thought about leaving without saying goodbye to spare myself the embarrassment if I come back. I have wondered if I could say goodbye without inevitably coming back. I have even wondered about deliberately getting myself banned for a time so that I would have an excuse to be away, as embarrassing as that would be.

To hell with all that. I still care. Foolishly, I believe someone else might care too.

Goodbye, for now.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Irony: Top Thread Starters

1 Haight 8,382
    2 Lark 813
    3 prplchknz 588
    4 swordpath 518
    5 Jennifer 502
    6 Ivy 458
    7 Elfboy 386
    8 Victor 382
    9 ygolo 366
    10 entropie 364

(As a side note, the majority of threads started by Ivy, Haight, and me were threads automatically created in the modbox, for site business, rather than forum discussion threads. Otherwise I doubt any of us would have placed... esp Haights, who rarely posts in discussions.)
    I know I'm the life and soul of the party

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Right. They come back in one form or another. However, I've learned that if I point that out they tend to stay away a bit longer. Which means you have to use that bit of reality only when you don't want them to come back.

Nerd Girl! Come back!*

*it's donation time and I need your money. Plus, I know you looked at my donate thread just before you left. Don't be cheap like that! They need you!
    I did. You got to me with this. Patches deserves compensation. She did a nice job on the site.

No need to reply. I just hope it helps. And I know y'all appreciate it..

Take care y'all.

MBTI
    xxTP

I liked @Nerd Girl , she had a good attitude to life...what happened?

I tried to leave a Visitor Message once, but she didn't allow them.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I liked @Nerd Girl , she had a good attitude to life...what happened?

I tried to leave a Visitor Message once, but she didn't allow them.
    She kind of comes and goes as she pleases. Every time, I am sure that she is gone for good, she'll come back soon thereafter. She's like the Batman of this site.