ESFJ (2)
    INFJ (1)
    ESFP (1)

Female:
    ISTJ (1)
    ISFJ (4)
    INFJ (1)
    ESFJ (2)
    ENFP (3-known them all for fairly short time periods but got to know 'decently')
    ESFP (2-same as above)
    ISTP (1-at first we got along....after time the disgust was mutual & heated)
    ESTJ (2)

Types not as high in number, but studied well:
    ENTJ M (1) the only person I've known who knew exactly what I was thinking. Attempted to almost 'mentor' me I guess you could say...into an ENTJ too .
    ESTP M (1) another one as well but not sure if he is ENTP or ESTP.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Mostly ESFJ females and ESTP males. A couple of INFJ males.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Women:

ESFP - parent
    ESFJ - stepparent, friend
    ESTJ - friend
    ENFP - friend
    ENFJ - friend
    INFJ - friends
    ISFJ - friends
    INFP - friend, family member

Men:

ISTP - parent, sibling
    ISTJ - sibling
    ESFJ - friend
    INFJ - spouse

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

INTJs... way way too many of them in scientific research. (hmmm at least 2M 3F I can think of right off the bat)
    ESFJs... males mostly, they like me for some reason, not sure why though. And my brother
    ISFJs, female friends
    ENTPs male friends
    ISTJs, INTP, ESTJ males at work
    ESFP females

strangely no INFP nor ENFP that I can think of.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Males: all

Females: I don't know well any ESFJ, ESTP, ESTJ female.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    The title says it all except:

- Please make separate lists for each gender.
    - By know well, I mean that you have either intensive experience with at least 2 exemplars or decent experience with at least 3 exemplars. The idea is that there should be reason to believe you can provide qualified personal recognition input in one of my typing threads. (Consider yourself duly warned! )
    Those are pretty stringent criteria. Maybe I'm interepreting your criteria too strictly, or maybe I'm too typically INFP-fuzzy in my application of MBTI, but I'm going to have trouble listing anything.

I didn't learn about MBTI until I was in my early 40s. All my acquaintances tend to be middle-aged or elderly, and most of them are kind of fuzzy on at least one letter of the four letters due to maturity, socializing, development of weak functions, etc.

For example, at my age Extraverts tend to be very fuzzy on their types. By middle age they have usually socialized around enough that they've picked up and even internalized the external markers (vocabulary, habits, and even analytical methods) of other types. Also, the more voluble Extraverts talk so freely that it's hard to pick out which expressions or stories or modes of thought were originally "theirs" and which were "borrowed" at some point from other types.

Middle-aged Introverts, on the other hand, seem easier to type presumably because they have socialized less and have remained more true to their original template (or maybe just because I'm an Introvert myself and I'm able to "tune them in" better). But even with Introverts, there are often surprises. For example, sometimes they are hiding a "stealth" function. That is, by middle age they may have gotten so good at camouflaging an "awkward" function (one that doesn't suit their gender, background, or profession) that they simply appear as neutral on that letter or have a carefully-studied veneer of the opposite function.

Also, some functional differentiations simply don't seem to matter as much when one gets older. For example, the difference between N and S matters a lot when people are young. But as people get older, both types tend to move more to the center and everyone's attention tends to focus increasingly on dealing with the practical matters of life (which are often located in the grey zone between N and S). Older Ns and Ss can usually relate to each other pretty well in conversation, if not mimic each other outright.

I used to think that each individual MBTI type had a strong "atmosphere" or "scent" or "look" associated with it. But with my middle-aged acquaintances I've been burned so many times by "stealth" or "borrowed" functions forcing me to revise my guesses of their types, that I no longer trust typing much past the most obvious letters or functions. With my middle-aged acquaintances, I usually don't think in terms of them being a specific type. I tend to categorize them as "strong xNTJ" or "strong Fe" or "probable ENFP", and I'm quick to revise even long-standing assessments or assign an "x" to a function when I see a new angle on them.

IOW, I can usually type everyone to 2-3 letters or a strong function. And that's usually enough for practical purposes. When interacting with my acquaintances I can just "play to" or "feed" the more obvious letters (since their obviousness probably indicates strong preferences in those areas), and there's usually no need to worry about or address any "mystery" letters until such time as some exceptional incident highlights a strong preference there as well.

I'll make an attempt to inventory which types I can identify positively. But don't hold your breath waiting for a list from me. Like I said, I often don't think in terms of my friends and acquaintances as being solidly and definitively one type or another, and it would take a lot of agonizing and qualifying and footnoting for me to put them firmly into one MBTI box or another.

For a quick rule of thumb, though, I'm usually stronger at typing Introverts than Extraverts.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've never actually applied this theory to real people... all my guesses are based on knowledge of the theory, I have no prior experience in the realm of application. It's all based on hunches in my case. I'm not qualified to type anyone by your standards, I fear.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Male
    INFJ
    INFP
    ISTP
    ESFJ
    ESTJ
    ENFP
    INTJ

Female
    ESFJ
    ENFJ
    INFJ
    ISFJ
    INFP
    ISTJ
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks for participating, people. (Keep 'em coming!)

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Those are pretty stringent criteria.
    Yeah, I know. Maybe too stringent (and I see some people are relaxing the criteria by including types they only know one of, which is fine by me so long as they know that person really well) but the idea isn't so much to give an exhaustive overview of the people we know. The idea is to be able to pick out someone who is likely to be able to give a qualified personal recognition aye or nay in a typing thread. For instance, I am stoked to be able to ask Lookin4theBestNU, who knows 3 male ISFJs, whether she recognizes Vin Diesel as one. (Edit: She does! )

I didn't learn about MBTI until I was in my early 40s. All my acquaintances tend to be middle-aged or elderly, and most of them are kind of fuzzy on at least one letter of the four letters due to maturity, socializing, development of weak functions, etc.
    Yes, with age typing becomes so much more difficult. (Witness the trouble we are having with Meryl Streep where the only thing we as yet agree on is that she is N. Edit: ... And it turns out she isn't N! )

I'll make an attempt to inventory which types I can identify positively. But don't hold your breath waiting for a list from me. Like I said, I often don't think in terms of my friends and acquaintances as being solidly and definitively one type or another, and it would take a lot of agonizing and qualifying and footnoting for me to put them firmly into one MBTI box or another.
    I get pretty much everyone I meet to type themselves. There are advantages to being forcefully single-minded. :blushing:

Failing that tactic, I applaud your prudent approach:

I used to think that each individual MBTI type had a strong "atmosphere" or "scent" or "look" associated with it. But with my middle-aged acquaintances I've been burned so many times by "stealth" or "borrowed" functions forcing me to revise my guesses of their types, that I no longer trust typing much past the most obvious letters or functions. With my middle-aged acquaintances, I usually don't think in terms of them being a specific type. I tend to categorize them as "strong xNTJ" or "strong Fe" or "probable ENFP", and I'm quick to revise even long-standing assessments or assign an "x" to a function when I see a new angle on them.
    It makes your testimony that much more credible when you do offer a typing with some measure of certitude.
    Last edited by Economica; 10-30-2007 at 06:50 AM.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

My Best Friend is an ESTP, also another good bachelor friend that comes over every Thursday is an ESTP,lol.

Closest friends at church- besides best friend and hubby
    ENFJ
    INFP
    ESTX

Pastor is an ENFP

I know an INTP sabbath school teacher and an ISTJ friend of his and I respect and get along with both of them.

The people I have most problems with IRL are ESTJ's and ISTJ's. I know a few of both types that I actually get along with well- but most of them that I come across I don't and have a lot of problems,lol. Usually I can get along with them but feel totally disrespected and invalidated by them and they seem to not be able to stand me at all usually and don't understand me at all.

Those are the types I am most familiar with IRL besides family and husband
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables