User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Thread: Quirks

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Thread necromancy!

-I pace quite a bit. It helps me to think more clearly.
    -Somtimes I talk to myself while pacing, like I'm carrying on a conversation with another person. I might even make gestures or facial expressions like another person is there. I'm not schizophrenic, I swear!
    -I'll sometimes make random weird faces at people for no apparent reason.
    -There are times when I don't make eye contact with someone I'm speaking to. I'm so focused on what I'm saying that I completely forget about it.
    -I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Not to a debilitating extent, I just wash my hands a lot and I want clean dishes.

Other than that, I'm pretty much normal.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I tend to insist on eating food in a certain order: grains, vegetables, then meat. I don't know why. I also only like to eat one kind of food at a time rather than mix them together, so that I can savor the individual taste of each one. For some reason, foods that are already mixed have their own rules.

That probably sounds a little crazy, but here you are.

MBTI
    WOLF

When I smoke I can't tap the excess ashes off the tip as other people do, a tapping motion with the index finger - I have to let my thumb flip the filter, which can get messy with both the ashes not hitting the ashtray and lipstick on my fingers if I happen to be wearing any on my lips.

I like my left hand much more than my right. I even have some difficulty understanding how some people have trouble telling the difference between left and right since I'm always acutely aware of my left-hand preference.

When I do makeup I always start everything from the left side. I mess everything up if I deviate from this routine and usually need to wipe my face and start over.

Despite being told many times I'm incapable of placing wine glasses in the correct order or on the correct side. I also have a really hard time gauging water levels and almost invariably spill if I'm pouring water in a non-coloured glass that isn't held at a specific angle.

It really upsets me if I can't have sweetener in my tea or coffee instead of sugar. Once in a while, however, it won't be a problem, so every six months or so I'll put sugar in just one cup. In general I don't have a problem with sugar though.

I'm sure I have plenty of quirks, but that's all I can think of right now.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I tend to insist on eating food in a certain order: grains, vegetables, then meat. I don't know why. I also only like to eat one kind of food at a time rather than mix them together, so that I can savor the individual taste of each one. For some reason, foods that are already mixed have their own rules.

That probably sounds a little crazy, but here you are.
    I do this too. Except I normally start with vegetables, then grains, then meat. My preference of worst to best.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex
    When I smoke I can't tap the excess ashes off the tip as other people do, a tapping motion with the index finger - I have to let my thumb flip the filter, which can get messy with both the ashes not hitting the ashtray and lipstick on my fingers if I happen to be wearing any on my lips.
    I do this too, actually. To be honest, I never even considered doing it another way.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I do this too, actually. To be honest, I never even considered doing it another way.
    Well you probably don't wear lipstick or gloss I wouldn't have thought about it if people had't pointed it out to me. Apparently I also put my cigarettes out the wrong way although I've improved on that score

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Well you probably don't wear lipstick or gloss
    Little do you know...

actually...you're right, I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex
    I wouldn't have thought about it if people had't pointed it out to me. Apparently I also put my cigarettes out the wrong way although I've improved on that score
    I wouldn't mind being able to do it Viggo Mortensen - Eastern Promises style, but I'm afraid to try since I've seen what it does to flesh.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i always look behind the shower curtain before i sit down on the toilet to make sure there are no monsters i guess.

i like to chew on plastic things, like the little round thing under the lid of the bottle,pens, pretty much anything.

i can't drink anything without a straw, not that i physically can't, i just feel more comfortable with a straw.

there are many more quirks but i can't seem to think of any of the others right now.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Little do you know...

actually...you're right, I don't

I wouldn't mind being able to do it Viggo Mortensen - Eastern Promises style, but I'm afraid to try since I've seen what it does to flesh.
    Okay, my imagination tells me that I'm happy I haven't seen what you're referring to. If you do try, make sure to be inebriated first.

And it's a shame about the lipstick - I'm sure it'd look great on you.

*will attempt to stop derailing thread from now on*

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    i always look behind the shower curtain before i sit down on the toilet to make sure there are no monsters i guess.
    I do that, too! I worry someone has snuck in and jumped in the shower to hide and possibly scare me in my most vulnerable and delicate position.

I have a few quirks, but my weirdest is this: For some reason, I have always believed that I will, one day, be blind. I can walk around, take a shower, and do most anything in my house with my eyes closed or in the dark. I know where everything is. I haven't fallen on my face yet... and I've been doing this for years and years.

Second weirdest? I have been using my left hand a lot and on purpose (I'm a rightie), because I want to create more brain connections. (I can shave my legs, write, do word finds, etc).

I know, I know... :rolli:
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am completely normal, and entirely lacking in idiosyncratic flare.