Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    maybe entp's are just more in touch with the emotional aspects of life being so in tune with others...yeah?
    NTs and SJs are more concerned with order and organization. NFs and SPs are more concerned with motivations in other people. Synarch is the latter.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think that being an ENTP with a healthy F isn't a bad thing at all. I never questioned you being an ENTP, it seemed pretty signature.. but then again, my being an ENFP seems signature to everyone else as well.. it's how I met you, so it's what I went by till reading through this.

I think you're a bit too serious for ESTP .. but if you think you're ENFP, we'd love to claim you.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh okay, thanks. i really have no clue. so...you think he's an enfp or estp?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I think ENTP because of the way you communicate.

I think the problem is that many people mistake an understanding and appreciation of emotion as an F trait. It's like saying F types can't be smart.

Furthermore, there isn't enough variation in his attitude to be an ENFP, in my opinion, and his method of communication has more to do with getting a point across and less to do with how the other person will perceive it.

Many people appreciate Synarch's bluntness but it simply isn't an ENFP trait. An ENTP is blunt...an ENFP will be blunt and then apologize for it if it wasn't received favorably. It seems to me like ENTPs' concern is expressing their ideas. ENFPs are more concerned with reception of their ideas.

What he said. ^^

I'm getting a definite ENTP vibe from your posts too, it's not quite the same as the way an ENFP communicates.

I agree with ENTPs being the "squishiest" of the NTs. My ENTP friend is very concerned with other people's emotions, sometimes even more than I am. But it seems like more of a Fe thing. Like he'll be seriously worried about someone who's visibly upset where I might know that deep down they're gonna be ok, they just need to blow off steam. He only sees the outward expression and then takes action to try and make them feel better.
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think you're a bit too serious for ESTP .. but if you think you're ENFP, we'd love to claim you.
    I do not see why an ESTP would be less serious than any other EP types.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    oh okay, thanks. i really have no clue. so...you think he's an enfp or estp?
    Probably one of those. And I also wouldn't cancel out EJ types, either. He does sound a bit authoritative on Ventrilo (not in a bad way) -- a leader type person -- which could point to an In-Charge Interaction Style, which includes ESTP, ESTJ, ENFJ, and ENTJ.

Synarch, the question is, do you see yourself as an In-Charge or Get-Things-Going?

ESTPs are the only P types that are In-Charge, and more than any other P type, are more authoritative. ENTP and ENFP are Get-Things-Going.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I do not see why an ESTP would be less serious than any other EP types.
    Darling, please attempt to loosen up. It was a joke, and one based on only one ESTP on the forum.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Past, Present and Future Virtual ghost's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    583 so/sp

One question Synarch .

How much extroverted are you ?

If you are quite extroverted and you are not a too strong T you have realistic chances that people could see you as a ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right...ENTP it is then, i think because from what i know of him he has very little j and i think too much n to be anything other than enfp or entp and we are blunt but totally apologize if we think we need to...he's more blunt because the truth ought to be said regardless of how it's perceived...so yep entp
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I don't know. ENTP's seem pretty damn competitive to me. I also think ENTP are likely to go with their 'gut'. Couldn't this be Ne?

I should ask sandwich and Chris1207 since they met me on Monday when I was in Seattle.
    ENTPs are also persistent as fuck.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one to have issues typing you. But after having had an extended conversation, I'd say you're closer to ENTP than anything. I don't put much value in comparing to MBTI archetypes, but your recent life experiences could have made you more reflective.

We definitely had the ENTP/INTP vibe going, but you seemed to have more focus in it than other ENTPs I've met IRL. But that could be an age difference or maybe just my imagination.

ENTP.

From the way you communicate, write and the humor. My brother's an ESTP and I know an ESTP girl, and your communication style, word choises and overall wibe doesn't seem ESTP-ish. As it doesn't bring the ENFP wibe to me neither, but that one would be closer.

I'd say you have a well developed Fe and are mature.