User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Three Changes

MBTI
    INTj

Default Three Changes

If given the choice, what three events in your life would you go back and change?

Mine:

1/ My major.
    2/ My theory that screwing off in High School was okay.
    3/ Deciding that it would be cool to do drugs when I was fifteen.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Interesting question... I hesitate to change anything because I like today so much, I wouldn't want to change it. I'd want to end up married to this man and mother to these children, living about where I am (maybe in a nicer house...). Although, I guess if I had taken a different trajectory I wouldn't miss what I have now.

Not sure these fall under the category of "events" as they happened over time and didn't represent a single decision...

1. I would have been more active and involved in sports.
    B. I would have gone straight into grad school from undergrad instead of "taking a year [or 10+] off."
    III. I would have actually read all of the assigned reading in college.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    1. ...
    B. ...
    III. ...

1. I would have taken some time to assess what I really wanted to do with my career. Which means, I would have taken a yearlong (or 10+ years) break after college.
    1a. Which leads me to, I would never in a million, billion, gajillion years have become a lawyer.
    2. I would have overcome my fear of the balance beam and uneven bars and stayed in gymnastics.
    3. I would have been honest with myself.

1. Being baptised
    2. Asking for a computer all those Christmas's ago
    3. Thinking "I don't need to join any societies or sports club, I'll meet plenty of new friends anyway" in my first year of University

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I am happy to see all these forums are only viewable to registered members

1. experienced more life before settling down getting married
    2. gone to school for what I wanted... not what my parents had hoped I would do with my life.
    3. learned the importance of eating properly... ie skipping most meals in a day is not a diet
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I would not have let my wild side take over like it did. I was afraid I would miss out in my later years if I didn't have fun now-bad choice on my part!!
    a) I would have went to college when I had the chance.
    b) I would volunteer at the Senior Center more than just one summer. I still feel guilty/selfish about that and I am 29!!
    c) I wouldn't have stripped down to my panties in front of all those people that night. I got the wrong kind of reputation after that which I now regret! I was 'popular' though imagine that!!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

1.) Quit my job as soon as my bf that worked there dumped me.
    2.) Not been in denial that my grandma was dying, but gone home and said goodbye to her.
    3.) Not put my second daughter on the bottle at nine months because of my doctor's bad advice.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I dont have many regrets. I just wish that I would have arrived at a position that I am now earlier. So long as you can stay internally focused and live your life by your own standards and not the whims of others, you should well be on your path to a fulfilled existence.

My radical individualism can certainly lead to isolation, but you win a lot more than you would have from just trying to be accepted by others.

There should be a balance between individualism and collectivism in the veni of your thought, yet the former should always be dominant over the latter.

I dont have any profound changes that I wish I could make right now other than to listen to others even less than I did.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm still pretty young, so I'm still not aware of the long-term consequences of a lot of my decisions, but here's the list so far:

1. Wish I'd minored (or maybe double majored?) in CS. CS = marketable.
    2. I wish I'd gone into Branden's room that night like he wanted me to...
    3. I wish I'd just told my parents about the tattoo in the first place, even though everything's fine now.
    INTP

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    If given the choice, what three events in your life would you go back and change?
    I agree most of yours.

1/ Getting too comfy with life at a young age.
    2/ My theory that screwing off in High School was okay.
    3/ Deciding that it would be cool to do drugs when I was thirteen.