First 2345 Last

Thread: Three Changes

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Looking back on my post from over three years ago, it's apparent that we still might regret some of our prior choices...

... but there's still the strong possibility of "fixing them" at a later time even if you can't regain everything you might have lost.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I can't change my present reality so I am learning to breathe and look at it with open eyes. But my reality is infused with magic that has been with me ever since I was a little boy. It's as though I float on this magic carpet that rolls out every day from my front door and it will take me where I want to go.

I certainly don't want to change that. And everything I think I should change I don't want to. It's almost as though it would spoil the magic. For the magic requires everything, everything to work. So I have a big sign over my desk which says, "Don't Change Anything!". So I don't. And Magic rubs his tummy, says the magic words and publishes them on Central.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Just one.. I would sort out my loyalty and give it to the right person in one instance, because I really fucked that one up.

Of course if I had.. I wouldn't be where I am now.. and this is where I am supposed to be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

1. would have never gotten into mbti/typology

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yea but you know as they not say: Ignorance is no protection against folly
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    1. would have never gotten into mbti/typology
    And bicycling looks safer than skateboarding. your av reminds me of carmageddon the bicycle version.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

There's a bycycle version of carmageddon ? niiiiiicccceee. Do they have The Plow BMX Mk. 2k driven by The Mighty Hulk to get the necessary torque ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I don't know what I would change. I don't know how it would change where I am now, and I don't know what I'd want to be different, since I like where I am now pretty much.

I guess if I could go back, I'd try to be nicer to my younger siblings when I was growing up.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yea but you know as they not say: Ignorance is no protection against folly
    8<

I'm just wondering how my personality would have turned out if I hadn't delved into type theory a couple years ago. It does have some inevitable sway on you.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Hindsight is twenty-twenty and I dont believe that I could have known what I now do, I'm unsure if I'd have acted differently too because I think there's more than reason and insight as determining factors in peoples actions but:-

1 - I wouldnt, EVER, have taken the first job that I did after qualifying as a social worker. There where reasons why I shouldnt have bothered but I didnt treat them as seriously as I should have.

2 - I would have tried to consciously be on better terms with my siblings and be more deliberative about role modelling certain sorts of behaviour. The family woes are probably attributable to more than just that but genetic inheritance, culture or other factors arent something I could control, not now, not then.

3 - I would have started reading earlier and not been so blinkered about what I did read when I did begin reading a lot, I've got a huge library of books now and managing it is something else but I reckon there's less likelihood of me reading them all in my lifetime with each passing day. I wish this too because I've found that largely anything I've found was worth knowing I learned myself and that reading and a sort of personal scholasticism is the only way.