• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the Socionics test Reliable?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How many of you have taken the test multiple times, and received a consistent type?
How reliable do you think the test is?
If it was not reliable do you think that is your fault or the test's fault?

Drapeaux

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
1w2
1. Let me preface this by saying I'm really not familiar with this system and haven't looked into it in depth. I have taken socionics tests a few times though, and I tend not to get the same result. I'm often baffled by the results, actually.

2. There are different tests, so I'd think reliability of the test would depend on the test in question, but overall the system itself doesn't seem entirely reliable.

3. The test's.

raskol

How many of you have taken the test multiple times, and received a consistent type?
I'm struggling with Socionics, having received anything from EIE (ENFj), ILE (ENTp), IEE (ENFp), or LIE (ENTj) to ILI (INTp) and LII (INTj). Put differently, I've given up on finding a representative test, fairly sure that there is something lost in translation.

How reliable do you think the test is?
RadicalDoubt has recommended reading WikiSocion to get accustomed to descriptions rather than relying on test results.

If it was not reliable do you think that is your fault or the test's fault?
Neither. Whereas the ideational roots are similar, MBTI and Socionics have different definitions for the functions. That way, the types only converge to a limited degree.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Socionics is very vast and complex YET you can type person very easily.
First you have to see what functions person values because we need quadra.
And then look on inferior or temperamt EJ, IJ, IP and EP.

Sometimes alignment for quadra is not clear so you can be Gamma and Beta.
In that case you have to explore depths on each type.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Socionics is very vast and complex YET you can type person very easily.
First you have to see what functions person values because we need quadra.
And then look on inferior or temperamt EJ, IJ, IP and EP.

Sometimes alignment for quadra is not clear so you can be Gamma and Beta.
In that case you have to explore depths on each type.

What about the online test?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
What about the online test?

Sociotype test is good but since Socionics is very complex system it needs a lot of questions. For example Si is not about "memory" or "past" or "comfort" but also how you are able to sense symptoms of disease and to take of your body because it is "internal sensation" That's why xNxP are so weird people. They don't cere how they look like. It is not important to them.
Ti + Ne = invention
Fi + Ne = empathy

Yes Ne in xNTP is very different then Ne in xNFP which is focus on understanding the people.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I don't think that any self-reporting test is very accurate. That's the hole in personality typing that needs to be patched.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't think that any self-reporting test is very accurate. That's the hole in personality typing that needs to be patched.
I think tests with more concrete questions that actually relate to real life situations are much better/easier to answer than ones like "are you imaginative or realistic" or "are you logical or emotional" . ugh

all tests are basically useless though since most people manipulate the answers whether they are aware of it or not. especially the really long tests that you stop paying attention to after a while. hate long tests for that reason

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Whoops. I opened another page so I could see some tests to get a proper comparison. I ended up re-taking a LOT of tests, but forgot to to copy some examples :doh::rofl1:

"So yeah, there's a problem with the tests for some people.
My problem is in multifaceted questions: 'I'm very much like x but not at all like y, so what the heck do I choose?'

Reading a whole lot of stacks, I feel very much like a 945 sp/so"

I meant to type that here, but did so on the other thread instead :D

Tests tend to make me a 964 or 962 or some other variation.

Tomb1

All personality tests (especially enneagram tests) rank low in terms of reliability because the results turn upon self-reporting. The problem with self-reporting is that the self is made up of the EGO and EGOs have an agenda which can easily taint the way people see themselves. In the enneagram, the type guys most mistype as is sx/so 8w7 and the type females most mistype as is 4w5 social-last, so these are the most common mistypes. In socionics, a lot of guys want to be either SLE or LIE and for females its overwhelmingly IEI.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Heh, I just did realize I answered for Enneagrams and not socionics rofl :BangHead:

Socionics is hard as heck. it doesn't help that sites tend to highlight different strengths and flaws. On some sites, I seem very much like an IEI and nothing like the SEI I consistently type as. Specifically SEI-Fe. Once I figured out what the heck the -Fe was, it sounded more like me. But more like stressed out me.
IEI sounds like me at my best.

It's also hard for me to separate the natural from the learned/other behavior. How does HSP figure into the mix and muddy the water? Or is HSP part of the natural- or, me at my core and not something I learned.