• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Duality and the Group

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
There's the idea going around that a pairing like SeFi+NiTe is the worst that it gets, so why does Socionics make it the pinnacle?

Maybe it's a difference between the psychology of the individual versus the psychology of the group.

See, a "chain is only as strong as its weakest link" so if you want to strengthen a group, maybe linking up the weakest pairings to make them stronger is the way to go?

What I am implying is that Socionics is Russian and Russia is communist and communism is focused on the group. (I'm right, aren't I?)

So maybe in Soviet Russia relationships work differently.

In Soviet Russia Ni inspires Se!

It's also that I could be wrong in two (main) possible ways:

1) perhaps I am wrong about SeFi+NiTe being the worst pairing

2) maybe Socionics just got it backwards in general and my connection finding isn't a real connection

Who knows!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would it be the worst pairing? Worst in what way?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Soviet Russia no longer exists, my comrade. But otherwise, I think you might be on to something and I had wondered something similar when I first stumbled upon socionics and saw the strong emphasis on groups and interpersonal dynamics.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Why would it be the worst pairing? Worst in what way?

Worst in the sense that it drains a person's energy and while it has its upsides it's not something you want to be in for long.

asynartetic said:
Soviet Russia no longer exists, my comrade. But otherwise, I think you might be on to something and I had wondered something similar when I first stumbled upon socionics and saw the strong emphasis on groups and interpersonal dynamics.

Ok yeah I don't know about history/politics at all. Did it exist when socionics was formed? Would the social atmosphere so cultivated still be prevalent?

The point anyway is that maybe different type pairings are preferable depending on the overall goal you're going for. It sounds odd though.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Worst in the sense that it drains a person's energy and while it has its upsides it's not something you want to be in for long.

Ok yeah I don't know about history/politics at all. Did it exist when socionics was formed? Would the social atmosphere so cultivated still be prevalent?

The point anyway is that maybe different type pairings are preferable depending on the overall goal you're going for. It sounds odd though.

It was developed in the 70s and 80s but I’m not sure how much the social atmosphere in the former USSR has changed since then

Finite Fusion

You think the duality between SeFi and NiTe sounds bad? Wait till you read the description of the duality between SeTi and NiFe. :shocking:

ducks

Permabanned
Well, the functions form a duality, so in theory you'd have a lot more potential for positive relationships with your dual or the people in your quadra because you'd both already kind of understand the other on a subconscious or conscious level. Dealing with other quadras takes more energy and work to understand each other as they value and process things differently, hence the relation descriptions.

But that said, if someone is too immature or too one-sided in their ego, say having one of Jung's 8 function neuroses and not so much an auxiliary function (or as MBTI likes to say "function-loop"), it's going to be a lot harder to get along with or get something good out of being with your dual. I really think Socionics should specify how maturity, self-awareness, and a balanced ego is almost necessary to get along with your dual. I think of it as a pyramid of needs or something similar, where you can self-actualize with your dual at the top, but only after you both have your other needs met.

But that's assuming also that people are typed right and that those typing understand the types past all the stupid stereotypes that Socionics is full of. I find it a little ironic that Alpha types essentially wrote a lot of Socionics descriptions because it's clearly chocked full of their biases; such as Gamma's being about money and ruthless business and such or Fi as a kind of bitchy selfish values-based attitude or something similar; so Ni-Se and Fi-Te tend to get described quit incorrectly and negatively imo. So I doubt whatever bad descriptions you're reading is all that accurate to begin with. I guess we could talk about it if you want to link them or something. I wouldn't mind, though I'm sure everyone will disagree on it all though :D as always seems to be the case.