• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does the "-0" mean in EII-0 ?

YahYah24

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hello,

My results with the Socionics test came out to EII-0. I'm super new to Socionics so I don't know what the "-0" is. I've tried googling it a few different ways but it seems that the "-0" part is never really addressed.

On the MBTI I'm an INFJ.
In Socionics I'm reading that I'm an INFJ as well, but in the forums I see folks saying INFJ on this test is not the same as INFJ on MBTI. So I'm also a little confused about that aspect of the results as well.

What does the "-0" mean, and is the "-0" the reason people say INFJ isn't the same on Socionics as it is on the MBTI?

Thanks so much,

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It means you are neutral in terms of subtype. In Socionics, each type has two subtypes. A subtype that leans towards its dominant function and a subtype that leans towards its auxiliary function.

Socionics has a terrible different labeling system. INFj in Socionics (lowercasing that last letter is important) would be the equivalent of INFP in MBTI.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, so EII has two main functions Fi (dominant function) and Ne (creative function).

A person can prefer to use and place emphasis on of the two funtions, which would determine the subtype. This particular scale is one that goes further in terms of breaking down the subtypes as preferring a function on a scale of 1 to 3, three being the most emphasized. So for example, EII Fi 3 would have a very strong preference for using Fi, Fi 2 still a pretty strong preference, and 1 just a slight preference. Same with Ne, Ne 3 being the subtype that uses Ne the most.

0 means you are in between the two subtypes, as Merced has said. Technically, EII 0 is the subtype between EII-Fi 1 and EII-Ne 1.

There are actually seven subtypes to each type. For EII it is as follows:

EII-Fi 3
EII-Fi 2
EII-Fi 1
EII 0
EII-Ne 1
EII-Ne 2
EII-Ne3

If you are EII 0 the you are right in the middle. Please note that tests are not the best way to determine type. Take your result with a grain of result and do some friggin' research. :D

Also, there is some debate and controversy over whether there is a possibility to do a crossover between MBTI and socionics especially for introverts. For extraverts it is fairly simple since the order remains the same for example, ENFP in MBTI, that is Ne and Fi (in that order) is ENFp in socionics, also Ne and Fi in that order. For introverts, it gets a bit more complicated by the fact that you do switch the functions around. For example, INFJ in MBTI is Ni plus Fe, whereas in socionics Ni plus Fe in that order is INFp. INFj in socionics (EII, or Ethical INtuitive Introvert) is Fi and Ne. Buuuuuuut the controversy stems from the fact that the functions are not described exactly in the same manner and that alot of people in MBTI simply test as Js when they are in fact irrationals (better known as Ps though J/P in MBTI is not identical to rationality/irrationality in socionics). This is because socionics is not about how you behave it is about how your psyche is structured which then influences your behavior one way or the other. So for example some irrationals may act like Js - organized and planned.

Really, in your case I think it is a fairly straightforward case of you being a rational (INFj/EII) and behaving like a J, thus scoring as INFJ.

YahYah24

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
There are actually seven subtypes to each type. For EII it is as follows:

EII-Fi 3
EII-Fi 2
EII-Fi 1
EII 0
EII-Ne 1
EII-Ne 2
EII-Ne3

If you are EII 0 the you are right in the middle. Please note that tests are not the best way to determine type. Take your result with a grain of result and do some friggin' research. :D

Really, in your case I think it is a fairly straightforward case of you being a rational (INFj/EII) and behaving like a J, thus scoring as INFJ.

Oy! Thank you SO much for your insight! I get tired when I try to muddle through all the information about types and subtypes and when I couldn't find what "-0" means, I got a little discouraged.

I am very appreciative for your time.

Enneagram
9w1
Yes 0 is neutral so the type holds its original strengths and values. IIRC the subtype system used for Sociotype.com is an Inert-Contact subtype system which involves the strengthening and weakening of ALL your functions, but it's fine to just know that it strengthens one of your two Ego functions primarily.

If the EII had an Ne subtype from 1 to 3 it would strengthen its Contact functions: Ne, Ti, Te, Ni. This makes it appear more similar to its Ne creative cousin, LII.
If the EII had an Fi subtype from 1 to 3 it would strengthen its Inert functions: Fi, Se, Si, Fe. This makes it appear more similar to its other Fi leading cousin, ESI.

Its easier to visualize when you have Model A/the function order memorized.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It means you are neutral in terms of subtype. In Socionics, each type has two subtypes. A subtype that leans towards its dominant function and a subtype that leans towards its auxiliary function.

Socionics has a terrible different labeling system. INFj in Socionics (lowercasing that last letter is important) would be the equivalent of INFP in MBTI.

To me, it makes more sense to use socionic's system, as MBTI tries to make IxxP's dominant judgers and IxxJ's dominant percievers. It just makes more sense if its done the socionics way.

For example, when I take socionics tests every year or so, I either get IEE-2Ne or IEE-3Ne because I'm strongly an Ne subtype.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
It means your Ego functions work in balance.