• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

OMG - This Description Is Right On

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was pretty disconnected from my body growing up. I found sports embarrassing because I was overwhelmed by all the action and didn’t respond quickly enough. As an adult, I have taken an interest in fitness and it’s something I rather like now. I do tend to be thin and look more toned and shapely now. I workout 3-5x/week and easily block out other people now. I’m thinking the point here is that tert Si Types may come to overcompensate for obliviousness or awkwardness in these body awareness areas.

As for public....yes, sweats are not an option for me. It’s not about appropriateness (which I have a personal resentment towards at time...it might even be love/hate since I can sympathize with the reasons at times)...it really stems from vanity and image consciousness. I started cultivating a personal style when I hit puberty. Before then I was less aware of myself. By high school, I had a rep for being stylish in an avant garde way and almost something of a trendsetter, which is odd because I was also a loner and a honors student dork. But people always liked my style :D . As an adult, I have a pretty solid conception of what suits me but like novelty, so I’ll be aware of trends but selective about what I use for myself. Appropriateness can still be a challenge for me as it feels so arbitrary at times.

Anyhow, I was always creative and arty since I was a kid, but I didn’t apply it to my appearance until a preteen. I also experience(d) it as a form of self expression (probably more feeling related there), and it’s a way of having a voice and asserting an identity when I otherwise feel invisible or forgettable. So some motivation is the pure aesthetics and my personality. I’m not particularly unique, but it’s about what suits me and embodies my mood.

I identify more with the IEI in socionics though. This resonates a lot more without me for Si in MBTI....people often attribute sentimentality to INFPs because of tertiary Si, but that’s not really me.

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"INxPs may also have an odd relationship with their sense of health. They may develop certain habits of washing hands religiously, brushing teeth with the most advanced toothbrush known to man (that is also the most practical), or may form an aversion to certain additives, while ignoring others. The latter may be the sort of thinking that I may smoke a pack a day and never exercise, but at least I don’t put Splenda and soy in my seven cups of coffee. That shit will kill you. Did you know that Splenda was originally developed as a pesticide and soy can make a man grow breasts? How could you put that into your body?This is the irrational side of an otherwise rational person. These quirks stand out like a sore thumb, especially to a higher level Si user."

Same :/

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My high school attire was typically blue jeans, tennis shoes, and an untucked t-shirt usually with a print on it. I was one of the few teenagers to go around untucked, until one of the jocks in my class kindly advised me to tuck in my shirt. So I did. I didn't think anybody really noticed or cared one way or the other. What difference does it make to anybody whether or not I go around untucked? (This was before the untucked X-generation came along.) But I kept it tucked to avoid displeasing them. If I had known it was such a big frick'on deal I would have kept it tucked. Who gives a fuck anyway? Apparently somebody did. This was the same guy who, back in 5th grade, told a group of us that sex was when the guy puts his cock in the girl's cunt, and demonstrated it with his hands. I'm pretty sure those were the terms he used. I didn't know if I should believe him or if he was just playing with us. I was pretty skeptical and would have required a demonstration of this "sex" thing before I believed it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This description is very accurate to my experience.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For years I was the geek kid that never had a grasp for fashion as dictated by the masses or individual tastes. As I grew into a teen I went from geek to freak and expressed my revulsion for cookie cutter life. Goose stepping in time with the other drones as they tried to impress one another with how similarly bland they were was a horrifying prospect for me. I wore biker jackets, combat boots, flannels, jeans that were more holes than jeans and sported mohawks, devil locks, and liberty spikes of varying colors. 80’s suburban punk scaring the yuppies with glee. Now? I dress sharply with a fairly expensive wardrobe because I don’t mind looking like ‘everyone else’ because I look nice and know without a doubt that I’m unique inside. Fuck whether anyone else knows. If they get to know me they’ll find out.

I’m not sure I have a point beyond I’ve always worn what I’ve felt comfortable with (and in) and it always reflects my feelings about expression. Trying to be what you aren’t is the most uncomfortable I’ve ever felt (and it’s exhausting), far more than I have just flowing with the water instead of fighting it and being what I am.

Ah, I love ya, Pop.

I've mostly dressed for comfort myself. I let some weirdness shine out with things like an eyeball ring. (I thought it was great fun that some people were grossed out by such a silly thing.) In high school, I dressed in jeans, sneakers, and mostly t-shirts. I wanted to be judged by who I am rather than by how I look (right, cause that's going to happen in high school. ha). Of course, at that time, how I was dressing was 'in', so :shrug: I did alternate between wearing my dad's old biker jacket with pins all over it and the letterman jacket my parents bought me (I didn't care strongly about it, and wore it because it was expensive and I didn't want to hurt my mom's feelings - she thought it was great that I got a letter and so she bought me the jacket...)

In 3rd grade I suffered a humiliating wardrobe malfunction and wouldn't wear button-up shirts again until college. Is that Si?

I have body issues. Early bloomer, taller than most peers for a few years, then they caught up and surpassed me in height. I feel larger than other people seem to think I am.

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of what is being said here applies to me as well.
I remember being called "Skittles" in high school because one day I wore a lot of colors that didn't match. I'm not an image person. Never have been. I don't like image people...they look the part but don't have the substance and often need the substance people to make them appear to have it altogether.

I was the guy that went to work in dress shoes and white crew socks. Didnt care. Atleast my close were clean and I was well-groomed and I was the quiet, shy guy behind the scenes that made everything work right. I would always say "If you were looking for someone for a fashion show, I'm not the one for your position."

With health, another good point. People always asked me if I worked out and I never did. I NEVER exercised. But as I think about it, just to get to work and home, I was chasing buses and trains and walking long distances pretty frequently and consistently so I was getting like a natural workout that I didn't consider to be me choosing to exercise.

I dress a lot better now and I'm even creating a nice style of dress for myself. I like it.

I don't like the gym at all. I don't like being watched in public. Got a gym onsite at my job...on the 1st floor in the middle of several of our busiest departments where they can all look at you working out. Nope! Won't EVER do that one! Doesn't help that I'm a carnivore either. Try to feed me a healthy dish...I have a simple solution. To please you, I'll eat the dish and even thank you for trying to keep me healthy. Then I'll leave and hit up a Brazilian steakhouse. Visibly, I'm not fat but I'm out of shape, and a have a little gut forming that infuriates me and prevents me from being able to wear my french-cuff shirts.

Yup...again, pretty accurate here.