• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confusing ISFps for INFps

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Socionics: Mistook a INFp for ISFp

I want to leave this here so I can come back to it later and see what you all think. I've personally found it it hard to distinguish an INFp from ISFp in real life. I am having trouble organizing my thoughts, so maybe if you guys comment about this topic then it will help me understand what I "intuiting" lol.

Edit::

oh! i found this from the same website:

The fifth function: the intuition of possibilities
Willingness eagerly absorbing new ideas and hypotheses. Constant expectation that the people around him to help find the meaning of life. Love to all new and original. Lack of understanding of their abilities and nature of the phenomena of the world. Uncritical attitude to the ideas of others. Resentment for life if she is not full of meaning. A complex and often unsuccessful search for his place in life.

THIS is probably what gives the ISFp the impression of being INFp. They resent life when it isn't full of meaning (social meaning, I assume meaning is always in the sphere of people for Fe valuing types). Due to Ti, they are "critical" so I don't agree with that... but I still need to think some more.

Thelema

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To me, the difference between the two types is fairly visible in most cases. IEIs are much more detached from the environment, and some (especially the Ni subtype) can look much more serious. SEIs, on the other hand, are Si dominants and as such more involved with their immediate surroundings. More light/"goofy" too, because of their Alpha quadra values.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
To me, the difference between the two types is fairly visible in most cases. IEIs are much more detached from the environment, and some (especially the Ni subtype) can look much more serious. SEIs, on the other hand, are Si dominants and as such more involved with their immediate surroundings. More light/"goofy" too, because of their Alpha quadra values.

It took me a long time to reply because of a glitch in the site.

Anyway, I agree that SEIs are goofy/silly/clownish. Even when they aren't laughing loudly and are just observing others quietly, they still have a "light" presence. Still, people talk about SEIs like all of them are always cheery. While I am sure that a lot of SEIs are pretty fun-loving, I am sure they have a side to them that isn't just focused on enjoyment. What I want to know is: how does an SEI experience Ni?? It's not valued for them, but they can use it to a certain degree. What is that like for them compared to an IEI?

Thelema

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, there are variations in types, after all. Some SEIs may be more serious in their presentation, but generally not in the average case. I would say that I know some SEIs who are timid/shy, but not "very serious" in the true sense of the word (as I understand it).

Well, I see the role function as something you can use, and often use when you deem necessary, but it still goes against your quadra values and therefore doesn't feel very pleasant/rewarding.
I've seen some SEIs using Ni to anticipate future events, and becoming anxious because of it. Their focus is primarily present-focused with their dominant Si, but contrary to ESEs, they will try to foresee something using their role Ni. This can make some of them hesitant to act, in my experience.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Yeah, there are variations in types, after all. Some SEIs may be more serious in their presentation, but generally not in the average case. I would say that I know some SEIs who are timid/shy, but not "very serious" in the true sense of the word (as I understand it).

Well, I see the role function as something you can use, and often use when you deem necessary, but it still goes against your quadra values and therefore doesn't feel very pleasant/rewarding.
I've seen some SEIs using Ni to anticipate future events, and becoming anxious because of it. Their focus is primarily present-focused with their dominant Si, but contrary to ESEs, they will try to foresee something using their role Ni. This can make some of them hesitant to act, in my experience.

Yeah I agree. I live with a shy SEI. Or at least she is shy until she knows that you'll be comfortable with her being obnoxiously loud (she likes she sing loudly/laugh loudly/likes to play jokes on people ...it's really hard to ignore her presence. I don't like telling people to not be themselves, so if being this way is what makes her happiest, then I let it continue although I'd wish she'd shut up).

For me, the way I think this particular SEI expresses Ni is that they are social critiques.They critique the norms that they are surrounded by and will be aware of how everyone conforms to those norms. They like to be critical and like to think about broader themes such as individualism or whatever they are interested in.

I do not know if this is necessarily Ni ...but I noticed that while this person's main focus is on having fun and enjoying being around people, they also like to discuss philosophical concepts.