• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other Socionics] What is your Socionics Subtype?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The issue I have with Beta is the concern with social issues and group activities. I'm also not a very decisive person in general.

I've never typed as anything from Socionics. Although I've tested as IEI, SEI, ESI, and EII, but mostly as IEI and SEI.

The Se in ESI from what I've read comes off very pushy and in your face. I'm a lot more loose than that. But I think I've read somewhere that Russian culture has a more assertive grasp on Se compared to the West, so it would manifest differently depending on where one is raised. I can still see the type as a possibility.

The issue I have with Socionics is that I find it too specific to where there are portions of types I can easily identify with and others I don't. That's why I'm on the fence with many of them, but admittedly I haven't researched enough on the subject to really have a firm understanding on it either.

I've met ESIs who aeren't pushy and the ones that are are usually Se subtypes, and even then I wouldn't say too pushy. I wouldn't call them "in your face" either. I've only met one ESI who was pushy and in your face and while I believe she was the extreme subtype of Se-ESI, she actually behaved alot like an Se dominant type.

Also an interest in "social issues and activities" seem like it would have more to do with So instinct not being last than beta quadra. Decisive is a sign of beta/gamma, yes, but I can see some Ni ego types being less decisive themselves all the while valuing decisiveness in others.

I don't have an opinion on your type, I am just pointing that stuff out. ;)

Your subtype is Ne. In fact, you are the embodiment of an Ne heavy Fi dom, so much so that the only way I can be certain you are INFj (INFP in Meyers-Briggs) is because you have so much Si and I don't really see Te in terms of productivity, rather you use it to forcefully project Fi boundaries (more assertively than typical Fi doms because of Sx and 8-fix).

I don't know shit about socionics, but this is my best educated guess.

I know less than shit about socionics so you’re still more qualified than me. Thank you for the quick yet concise breakdown of my personality and for my socionics subtype. I much prefer that method to lengthy explanations with the verbal equivalent of garnish.

tired

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Intuitive subtype

Appearance
The intuitive subtype appears soft even a bit diffident in communication. In conversation, he is restrained, attentive, attempts to come into good favor of his partner by giving advice and impressing him or her with his knowledge and conclusions. In such cases, his serious demeanor and gaze soften, goodwill permeates his voice. Not always absolute and categorical in his statements, but obstinate and uncompromising in his actions. May keep silent and refrain from the discussion, but won't change his opinion. His usually imperceptible emotions become visible during moments of extreme nervous pressure within intonations of his voice and impulsive gestures. Gait is calm and synchronous. Pose appears a bit restrained, especially in the shoulders which may be stooped. His movements are somewhat unsure and dilatory. Gestures are stingy and constrained, occasionally unconsciously impulsive and poorly coordinated.

Character
Likes to analyze various phenomena and processes. Inclined towards anything that is new and unusual, especially if it falls into the sphere of his interests. Often has a rich imagination and tries to introduce elements of creativity into his work. Has a good feel for the prospects of new ideas and initiatives. Willingly develops and works out new ideas for practical application. Able to analyze specific topics in great depth, but also shows an interest in the adjacent fields. Stable in his work performance, but quickly grows tired of routine and is in need of fresh impressions and changes. Excitable in disputes; can inspire others with some idea. Becomes uncompromising in debates when his principles are concerned, but tries to develop in himself tolerance for other people's weaknesses and for differing points of view. Usually knows how to hear out his conversation partner and to encourage his initiative in useful direction. Evaluates abilities of others and finds them a proper application. May be a good speaker and lecturer capable of briefly and clearly conveying the material to his listeners. Reserved, amiable to an extent, polite, and even-tempered, but rarely becomes very close with anyone, for he easily tires of social interaction. If he is interested in a person, he is able to come into his or her good favor by establishing intellectual contact and intriguing with ideas and new suggestions. Quite private, does not like discussing his personal life and does not allow his feelings to take precedence over the interests of business or personal principles. Although in relation with others he is reserved and distrustful, he is inclined to reciprocate the feelings of another person and show attention to his or her problems. Seeks support in active, lively, and strong-spirited people, who know how to encourage and provide help in business matters. Needs an emotional, optimistically oriented partner who would know how to raise his vitality. But at the slightest infringement of his independence, he retreats into himself, stubbornly defending his principles up to a break up of relations. Allows himself to get directed only by those who can persuade gently and not too aggressively. Enemy of the administrative pressuring and control; considers it obstructive to the development of a person's potential. Convinced that the main thing in work is not sense of duty but interest in the project. Strives for independence. However, at the same time he is usually disciplined, punctual, and conscientious. Makes up his plans himself and follows them exactly. Usually does not run late to events but makes it in the allotted time. Sometimes he is too categorical in his judgments and intolerant of different points of view. He will not dramatically change his beliefs, conclusions, habits and orientations under the influence of new facts and circumstances. He reviews and changes his former views with much difficulty and sometimes exhibits senseless obstinacy. Due to high self-esteem and a developed sense of dignity, it can be difficult for him to admit to being wrong. All of this does not make him the easiest partner to deal with and creates plenty of interpersonal problems in his life. Internally, he may acutely experience his disappointments, but tries to avoid quarrels out of fear of losing control and losing respect of others. Skeptical and distrustful, but does not show this. Restrained in the expression of his feelings, but when he is in a good mood can liven up the conversation with his humor. Yielding and compliant in matters of everyday life. If he cannot completely avoid household chores and other mundane tasks, he will try to postpone them. Dislikes bureaucracy, having to petition various departments and to prepare documents. Shows inertness in such matters even if he sees that his project is suffering. Tries to rely on the help of others in such cases. Does not always take care of his health, but understands its importance. In treatment of illness lacks in consistency and follow-through. Tries to keep up with latest tastes and prevailing styles, to have a presentable appearance.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ILI-Te

I can seem like an ENTJ at times.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ILI-Ni, after reading through things briefly. Though twice in others' typing of me I've been given LIE-Ni with ILI-Ni as the next alternative.
Some odd middle ground of those two is me, mostly because generally I can be a bit hazy on E/I facets anyway.

UPDATE: LIE-Ni. Not ILI of either subtype.

Last edited:

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ILE-Ti "logical"

It sounds like entp really... but socionics is different I keep hearing so idk if it is or not. It sounds the same. The "Ti" part is the fact that I'm still a bit more rough around the edges. From what I know it comes across as entp with j tendencies, which admittedly I am like

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
IEI - Ni seems to fit, I really do not have enough Fe to be the ethical subtype and I'm a perciever in its truest form, I'm also pretty introverted, so it makes more sense. Most people have been typing me IEI -Fe instead, but I really can't see it tbh.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
IEI - Ni seems to fit, I really do not have enough Fe to be the ethical subtype and I'm a perciever in its truest form, I'm also pretty introverted, so it makes more sense. Most people have been typing me IEI -Fe instead, but I really can't see it tbh.

But you relate to MB INFP moreso than INFJ?

My understanding of the distance between MB and Socionics is still quite limited.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But you relate to MB INFP moreso than INFJ?

My understanding of the distance between MB and Socionics is still quite limited.

I do relate to INFP far more than I do relate to INFJ. I've been active on the socionics forum a lot more than here lately. When I first discovered socionics, I was certain that I was an EII-Ne. But then people who claimed to know the theory, started to type me IEI, and so I begun to wonder, study the types, and the differences, and I came to the conclusion, that IEI really is my type.

First of all, the four letter code of MBTI that fits me the most certainly is I-N-F and P, there's no denying that. Second of all the Fi of MBTI is different than the Fi of socionics. In MBTI introverted feeling is a lot about paying attention to your personal moods, feelings and emotions and making decisions based on them. They're sensitive, emotional, and since they might have issues with expressing their feelings directly, they might seek alternative ways of expressing their emotions via art, poetry, music etc. It important that the Fi stays true to itself, follows its passions and beliefs.

In socionics Fi all about a strong feeling of like/dislike towards something or someone, so the person has a clear set of personal values by which they approach others. These values are subjective and very strict making them appear somewhat rigid and judgmental. In socionics Fi is not about emotions, it's about values, the good or the bad, while one must strictly always follow the good. Personal distance is another strong feature of socionis Fi, so one values close relationships above everything else, likes to take care of the ones they love, and nurture the relationships that already exist with others. They are care takers, personal mentors, advisers, who always need to say and do just the right thing, according to their set of standards, everything else is a violation of their moral superiority among other people. They don't care about self expression and they are extremely stable when it comes to their moods and emotions, they can get stuck in one emotion for enormous matter of time, and hold on to it for its subjective value and to always stay consistent with whatever is perceived as good.

On the other hand Fe in socionics is moody, unstable, a little bit here, a little bit there, sort of floating all over its exterior. Beta quadra (IEI, EIE, SLE, LSI) is all about creating a personal image that would get yourself out there. Make you different and more important than others and that Fe functions as the primary tool for expressing this personal image. Fe in the beta quadra is about caring about the society's needs and making change, pushing, shaking the old, stubborn ethical standards of socionics Fi. Beta NFs need to express their personal values, beliefs to push society to their perceived vision of change (Ni) and they do so in the most theatrical yet artistic ways possible. it's important for betas to have some sort of a public voice, medium by which they can influence other people and share whatever is important to them. They want others to see who they are, what they believe in and why they believe in it. They want to influence people by emotional and ethical principles to follow their ideas of either ethical standards, a mood that should be shared among others or the vision they perceive as the correct one.

IEIs in socionics are perceiving types and unlike EIIs who are stable, private and more conservative, IEIs are moody, unpredictable and impulsive because of lack of their judging functions. Hence... yes I'm an IEI.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
ILE-Ti "logical"

It sounds like entp really... but socionics is different I keep hearing so idk if it is or not. It sounds the same. The "Ti" part is the fact that I'm still a bit more rough around the edges. From what I know it comes across as entp with j tendencies, which admittedly I am like

Mind saying more on what that ""Ti" part" with being a "bit more rough around the edges" thing is like? This thing with P with J tendencies? I am wondering if I could relate to it in any way.

I do relate to INFP far more than I do relate to INFJ. I've been active on the socionics forum a lot more than here lately. When I first discovered socionics, I was certain that I was an EII-Ne. But then people who claimed to know the theory, started to type me IEI, and so I begun to wonder, study the types, and the differences, and I came to the conclusion, that IEI really is my type.

First of all, the four letter code of MBTI that fits me the most certainly is I-N-F and P, there's no denying that. Second of all the Fi of MBTI is different than the Fi of socionics. In MBTI introverted feeling is a lot about paying attention to your personal moods, feelings and emotions and making decisions based on them. They're sensitive, emotional, and since they might have issues with expressing their feelings directly, they might seek alternative ways of expressing their emotions via art, poetry, music etc. It important that the Fi stays true to itself, follows its passions and beliefs.

In socionics Fi all about a strong feeling of like/dislike towards something or someone, so the person has a clear set of personal values by which they approach others. These values are subjective and very strict making them appear somewhat rigid and judgmental. In socionics Fi is not about emotions, it's about values, the good or the bad, while one must strictly always follow the good. Personal distance is another strong feature of socionis Fi, so one values close relationships above everything else, likes to take care of the ones they love, and nurture the relationships that already exist with others. They are care takers, personal mentors, advisers, who always need to say and do just the right thing, according to their set of standards, everything else is a violation of their moral superiority among other people. They don't care about self expression and they are extremely stable when it comes to their moods and emotions, they can get stuck in one emotion for enormous matter of time, and hold on to it for its subjective value and to always stay consistent with whatever is perceived as good.

On the other hand Fe in socionics is moody, unstable, a little bit here, a little bit there, sort of floating all over its exterior. Beta quadra (IEI, EIE, SLE, LSI) is all about creating a personal image that would get yourself out there. Make you different and more important than others and that Fe functions as the primary tool for expressing this personal image. Fe in the beta quadra is about caring about the society's needs and making change, pushing, shaking the old, stubborn ethical standards of socionics Fi. Beta NFs need to express their personal values, beliefs to push society to their perceived vision of change (Ni) and they do so in the most theatrical yet artistic ways possible. it's important for betas to have some sort of a public voice, medium by which they can influence other people and share whatever is important to them. They want others to see who they are, what they believe in and why they believe in it. They want to influence people by emotional and ethical principles to follow their ideas of either ethical standards, a mood that should be shared among others or the vision they perceive as the correct one.

IEIs in socionics are perceiving types and unlike EIIs who are stable, private and more conservative, IEIs are moody, unpredictable and impulsive because of lack of their judging functions. Hence... yes I'm an IEI.

Hmm. You sure seem like the kind of INFP I've known a few of. Moody, unpredictable, impulsive, yet not happy-go-lucky enough to be ENFP, yep seems right.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not sure yet, I've had a lot of people peg me as a delta type though. If that's the case, probably an extroverted type with an introverted subtype (I'm definitely not Fe polR or ignoring unless I've got my definitions messed up).

Best guess so far: IEE-Fi
Second guess: LSE-Si

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Long ago on a different typology forum I was taken pretty strongly by multiple people for an ILI-Ni. Here, the same occurs with ESI-FI. I have also gotten SEI-Fe once. I still have a hard time following Socionics descriptions and systematics...

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mind saying more on what that ""Ti" part" with being a "bit more rough around the edges" thing is like? This thing with P with J tendencies? I am wondering if I could relate to it in any way

Eh. I'm not sure how to explain but I'll try...

J tendencies like liking at least some level of predictability in people. I hate just chaos I still appreciate a little bit of order too as long as it doesn't interfere with me or it's not illogical and stupid or unfair. I dislike it when people intrude on my time or interrupt anything I'm focused on, or when people show up totally un-announced. I like clean rooms even though I'm a bit messy. But it helps ease up on my stress to have one might say a "controlled/organized mess". If it's a huge mess it's likely only because I'm stressed. I have a decent bit of Te in that I focus on the usefulness of things a lot, and also can appear more INTP like with my heavier Ti than normal do to my life experiences causing me to rely more on my introverted functions for a period of my life. I can appear more serious, but with an underlying sarcasm or chillness. Also my eyes can look intense as fuck sometimes (piercing), idk if that has anything to do with it though. It's probably do to being raised by a very efficient hardass ESTJ, though.

I'm also VERY goal oriented and I take it very seriously to make a mark with it.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Eh. I'm not sure how to explain but I'll try...

J tendencies like liking at least some level of predictability in people. I hate just chaos I still appreciate a little bit of order too as long as it doesn't interfere with me or it's not illogical and stupid or unfair. I dislike it when people intrude on my time or interrupt anything I'm focused on, or when people show up totally un-announced. I like clean rooms even though I'm a bit messy. But it helps ease up on my stress to have one might say a "controlled/organized mess". If it's a huge mess it's likely only because I'm stressed. I have a decent bit of Te in that I focus on the usefulness of things a lot, and also can appear more INTP like with my heavier Ti than normal do to my life experiences causing me to rely more on my introverted functions for a period of my life. I can appear more serious, but with an underlying sarcasm or chillness. Also my eyes can look intense as fuck sometimes (piercing), idk if that has anything to do with it though. It's probably do to being raised by a very efficient hardass ESTJ, though.

I'm also VERY goal oriented and I take it very seriously to make a mark with it.

Thanks for the answer, it helps. How did you figure you are an extravert and not any J, say, INTJ (introverted and J)? Because you got Ti and...? What else?

Can I ask, how much does your being messy bothers you? And how would the "little bit of order" interfere with you?

And sorry, it wasn't clear to me, did you mean that it is relaxing for you to have a big mess, do you just mean you don't make yourself put in the time to keep the order, to be able to get more rest time?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for the answer, it helps. How did you figure you are an extravert and not any J, say, INTJ (introverted and J)? Because you got Ti and...? What else?

Can I ask, how much does your being messy bothers you? And how would the "little bit of order" interfere with you?

And sorry, it wasn't clear to me, did you mean that it is relaxing for you to have a big mess, do you just mean you don't make yourself put in the time to keep the order, to be able to get more rest time?

INTJ? Flattered. Sometimes I really wish I was.

I got Ne, Ti, Fe, and Si? Though I got some developed Te and Fi so it's not so clear cut. And my Ti is a bit high developed. Reason being for survival from trauma. Isolation, keeping emotional distance from most everyone(which I have reason to believe can over develop Introverted functions), focusing on self interest(tools), Ambitions/Goals end up requiring more Te in certain business environments, depression also stifles creativity, Leads me to believe we can still adapt beyond our types, at least to a degree. But besides all that, let's go back to Ne, Ti, Fe, and Si. high Ne (possibilities first>analysis second, jumping from topics, always about possibilities, quirky sarcasm, puns, ect are common) Ti (I pick apart everything, logical-wise, what doesn't make sense I always have to point out and I like making statistical systems to understand everything even if it's pointless), Fe(I use this as a tool to adapt to people and give off warm impressions(I like to speak a bit old fashioned sometimes too), warmer on the outside than inside, but I still think of others feelings and avoid hurting them usually, there's always ways to say things), Si (poor memory, forgetting constantly, add, changing things like my icon and characters I play, games I play, constantly, because I get bored of the same thing, therefore it's weak ... and when I'm under the influence I can get VERY paranoid about my body and if I'm gonna die or something it's ridiculous, whereas normally I don't pay much attention to it other than looking good) - I'd say it confirms ENTP pretty well

Ti-ENTp in socionics however results in giving off a bit more serious edge which has been seen as J tendencies, and more categorical in speech, grounded

Messy... Hmm. It bothers me when it gets too messy. If it's mildly or decently messy but still functional and not in the way it don't bother me much. But any more than that and it distresses me once I can no longer ignore it. "Little bit of order interfere with you"..? The order wouldn't interfere with me. Eh? Idk what you mean by that

Lol a big mess is not relaxing. Heck nah. I don't put in the time to keep the order over and over routinely to check up on it a lot because my ideas are priority. Until I can't ignore it anymore. Keeping a semblance of order makes me feel more organized like my life and mind are more in control.

Actually I think it's the fact that I LIKE the order but I just don't have the discipline or care to keep it up as my ideas are priority and cleaning is boring. But when it is clean, it is refreshing. Also moving stuff around a little bit. Something new and shiny.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
INTJ? Flattered. Sometimes I really wish I was.

:)

I got Ne, Ti, Fe, and Si? Though I got some developed Te and Fi so it's not so clear cut. And my Ti is a bit high developed. Reason being for survival from trauma. Isolation, keeping emotional distance from most everyone(which I have reason to believe can over develop Introverted functions), focusing on self interest(tools), Ambitions/Goals end up requiring more Te in certain business environments, depression also stifles creativity, Leads me to believe we can still adapt beyond our types, at least to a degree. But besides all that, let's go back to Ne, Ti, Fe, and Si. high Ne (possibilities first>analysis second, jumping from topics, always about possibilities, quirky sarcasm, puns, ect are common) Ti (I pick apart everything, logical-wise, what doesn't make sense I always have to point out and I like making statistical systems to understand everything even if it's pointless), Fe(I use this as a tool to adapt to people and give off warm impressions(I like to speak a bit old fashioned sometimes too), warmer on the outside than inside, but I still think of others feelings and avoid hurting them usually, there's always ways to say things), Si (poor memory, forgetting constantly, add, changing things like my icon and characters I play, games I play, constantly, because I get bored of the same thing, therefore it's weak ... and when I'm under the influence I can get VERY paranoid about my body and if I'm gonna die or something it's ridiculous, whereas normally I don't pay much attention to it other than looking good) - I'd say it confirms ENTP pretty well

Ah okay, just the ambitions/goals thing seemed really xxNJ to me. (Well J, assuming N along with it)

Ti-ENTp in socionics however results in giving off a bit more serious edge which has been seen as J tendencies, and more categorical in speech, grounded

Messy... Hmm. It bothers me when it gets too messy. If it's mildly or decently messy but still functional and not in the way it don't bother me much. But any more than that and it distresses me once I can no longer ignore it. "Little bit of order interfere with you"..? The order wouldn't interfere with me. Eh? Idk what you mean by that

As for the question about order interfering with you, I was asking about this line of yours: "I hate just chaos I still appreciate a little bit of order too as long as it doesn't interfere with me"...?

Lol a big mess is not relaxing. Heck nah. I don't put in the time to keep the order over and over routinely to check up on it a lot because my ideas are priority. Until I can't ignore it anymore. Keeping a semblance of order makes me feel more organized like my life and mind are more in control.

Actually I think it's the fact that I LIKE the order but I just don't have the discipline or care to keep it up as my ideas are priority and cleaning is boring. But when it is clean, it is refreshing. Also moving stuff around a little bit. Something new and shiny.

Hmm, yeah, actually Ns tend to appear more P and Ss tend to appear more J, exactly because of this, Ns focus on ideas instead of organising their physical environment as much.