First 2345 Last

I don't know.

「」

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    But you relate to MB INFP moreso than INFJ?

My understanding of the distance between MB and Socionics is still quite limited.
    I do relate to INFP far more than I do relate to INFJ. I've been active on the socionics forum a lot more than here lately. When I first discovered socionics, I was certain that I was an EII-Ne. But then people who claimed to know the theory, started to type me IEI, and so I begun to wonder, study the types, and the differences, and I came to the conclusion, that IEI really is my type.

First of all, the four letter code of MBTI that fits me the most certainly is I-N-F and P, there's no denying that. Second of all the Fi of MBTI is different than the Fi of socionics. In MBTI introverted feeling is a lot about paying attention to your personal moods, feelings and emotions and making decisions based on them. They're sensitive, emotional, and since they might have issues with expressing their feelings directly, they might seek alternative ways of expressing their emotions via art, poetry, music etc. It important that the Fi stays true to itself, follows its passions and beliefs.

In socionics Fi all about a strong feeling of like/dislike towards something or someone, so the person has a clear set of personal values by which they approach others. These values are subjective and very strict making them appear somewhat rigid and judgmental. In socionics Fi is not about emotions, it's about values, the good or the bad, while one must strictly always follow the good. Personal distance is another strong feature of socionis Fi, so one values close relationships above everything else, likes to take care of the ones they love, and nurture the relationships that already exist with others. They are care takers, personal mentors, advisers, who always need to say and do just the right thing, according to their set of standards, everything else is a violation of their moral superiority among other people. They don't care about self expression and they are extremely stable when it comes to their moods and emotions, they can get stuck in one emotion for enormous matter of time, and hold on to it for its subjective value and to always stay consistent with whatever is perceived as good.

On the other hand Fe in socionics is moody, unstable, a little bit here, a little bit there, sort of floating all over its exterior. Beta quadra (IEI, EIE, SLE, LSI) is all about creating a personal image that would get yourself out there. Make you different and more important than others and that Fe functions as the primary tool for expressing this personal image. Fe in the beta quadra is about caring about the society's needs and making change, pushing, shaking the old, stubborn ethical standards of socionics Fi. Beta NFs need to express their personal values, beliefs to push society to their perceived vision of change (Ni) and they do so in the most theatrical yet artistic ways possible. it's important for betas to have some sort of a public voice, medium by which they can influence other people and share whatever is important to them. They want others to see who they are, what they believe in and why they believe in it. They want to influence people by emotional and ethical principles to follow their ideas of either ethical standards, a mood that should be shared among others or the vision they perceive as the correct one.

IEIs in socionics are perceiving types and unlike EIIs who are stable, private and more conservative, IEIs are moody, unpredictable and impulsive because of lack of their judging functions. Hence... yes I'm an IEI.
    IEI - Fe, Creative subtype
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 so/sx
    INFP
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Kanra13 View Post
    ILE-Ti "logical"

It sounds like entp really... but socionics is different I keep hearing so idk if it is or not. It sounds the same. The "Ti" part is the fact that I'm still a bit more rough around the edges. From what I know it comes across as entp with j tendencies, which admittedly I am like
    Mind saying more on what that ""Ti" part" with being a "bit more rough around the edges" thing is like? This thing with P with J tendencies? I am wondering if I could relate to it in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    I do relate to INFP far more than I do relate to INFJ. I've been active on the socionics forum a lot more than here lately. When I first discovered socionics, I was certain that I was an EII-Ne. But then people who claimed to know the theory, started to type me IEI, and so I begun to wonder, study the types, and the differences, and I came to the conclusion, that IEI really is my type.

First of all, the four letter code of MBTI that fits me the most certainly is I-N-F and P, there's no denying that. Second of all the Fi of MBTI is different than the Fi of socionics. In MBTI introverted feeling is a lot about paying attention to your personal moods, feelings and emotions and making decisions based on them. They're sensitive, emotional, and since they might have issues with expressing their feelings directly, they might seek alternative ways of expressing their emotions via art, poetry, music etc. It important that the Fi stays true to itself, follows its passions and beliefs.

In socionics Fi all about a strong feeling of like/dislike towards something or someone, so the person has a clear set of personal values by which they approach others. These values are subjective and very strict making them appear somewhat rigid and judgmental. In socionics Fi is not about emotions, it's about values, the good or the bad, while one must strictly always follow the good. Personal distance is another strong feature of socionis Fi, so one values close relationships above everything else, likes to take care of the ones they love, and nurture the relationships that already exist with others. They are care takers, personal mentors, advisers, who always need to say and do just the right thing, according to their set of standards, everything else is a violation of their moral superiority among other people. They don't care about self expression and they are extremely stable when it comes to their moods and emotions, they can get stuck in one emotion for enormous matter of time, and hold on to it for its subjective value and to always stay consistent with whatever is perceived as good.

On the other hand Fe in socionics is moody, unstable, a little bit here, a little bit there, sort of floating all over its exterior. Beta quadra (IEI, EIE, SLE, LSI) is all about creating a personal image that would get yourself out there. Make you different and more important than others and that Fe functions as the primary tool for expressing this personal image. Fe in the beta quadra is about caring about the society's needs and making change, pushing, shaking the old, stubborn ethical standards of socionics Fi. Beta NFs need to express their personal values, beliefs to push society to their perceived vision of change (Ni) and they do so in the most theatrical yet artistic ways possible. it's important for betas to have some sort of a public voice, medium by which they can influence other people and share whatever is important to them. They want others to see who they are, what they believe in and why they believe in it. They want to influence people by emotional and ethical principles to follow their ideas of either ethical standards, a mood that should be shared among others or the vision they perceive as the correct one.

IEIs in socionics are perceiving types and unlike EIIs who are stable, private and more conservative, IEIs are moody, unpredictable and impulsive because of lack of their judging functions. Hence... yes I'm an IEI.
    Hmm. You sure seem like the kind of INFP I've known a few of. Moody, unpredictable, impulsive, yet not happy-go-lucky enough to be ENFP, yep seems right.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    613 sp/so

Not sure yet, I've had a lot of people peg me as a delta type though. If that's the case, probably an extroverted type with an introverted subtype (I'm definitely not Fe polR or ignoring unless I've got my definitions messed up).

Best guess so far: IEE-Fi
    Second guess: LSE-Si

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Long ago on a different typology forum I was taken pretty strongly by multiple people for an ILI-Ni. Here, the same occurs with ESI-FI. I have also gotten SEI-Fe once. I still have a hard time following Socionics descriptions and systematics...
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

My last Socionics test said ILI, so there's that.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by kittenke View Post
    Mind saying more on what that ""Ti" part" with being a "bit more rough around the edges" thing is like? This thing with P with J tendencies? I am wondering if I could relate to it in any way
    Eh. I'm not sure how to explain but I'll try...

J tendencies like liking at least some level of predictability in people. I hate just chaos I still appreciate a little bit of order too as long as it doesn't interfere with me or it's not illogical and stupid or unfair. I dislike it when people intrude on my time or interrupt anything I'm focused on, or when people show up totally un-announced. I like clean rooms even though I'm a bit messy. But it helps ease up on my stress to have one might say a "controlled/organized mess". If it's a huge mess it's likely only because I'm stressed. I have a decent bit of Te in that I focus on the usefulness of things a lot, and also can appear more INTP like with my heavier Ti than normal do to my life experiences causing me to rely more on my introverted functions for a period of my life. I can appear more serious, but with an underlying sarcasm or chillness. Also my eyes can look intense as fuck sometimes (piercing), idk if that has anything to do with it though. It's probably do to being raised by a very efficient hardass ESTJ, though.

I'm also VERY goal oriented and I take it very seriously to make a mark with it.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-t / Logical
    5w4, 3w4, 9w8 sx/sp "Ambitious Thinker"
    Likes kittenke liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1/3

Eh. I'm not sure how to explain but I'll try...

J tendencies like liking at least some level of predictability in people. I hate just chaos I still appreciate a little bit of order too as long as it doesn't interfere with me or it's not illogical and stupid or unfair. I dislike it when people intrude on my time or interrupt anything I'm focused on, or when people show up totally un-announced. I like clean rooms even though I'm a bit messy. But it helps ease up on my stress to have one might say a "controlled/organized mess". If it's a huge mess it's likely only because I'm stressed. I have a decent bit of Te in that I focus on the usefulness of things a lot, and also can appear more INTP like with my heavier Ti than normal do to my life experiences causing me to rely more on my introverted functions for a period of my life. I can appear more serious, but with an underlying sarcasm or chillness. Also my eyes can look intense as fuck sometimes (piercing), idk if that has anything to do with it though. It's probably do to being raised by a very efficient hardass ESTJ, though.

I'm also VERY goal oriented and I take it very seriously to make a mark with it.
    Thanks for the answer, it helps. How did you figure you are an extravert and not any J, say, INTJ (introverted and J)? Because you got Ti and...? What else?

Can I ask, how much does your being messy bothers you? And how would the "little bit of order" interfere with you?

And sorry, it wasn't clear to me, did you mean that it is relaxing for you to have a big mess, do you just mean you don't make yourself put in the time to keep the order, to be able to get more rest time?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by kittenke View Post
    Thanks for the answer, it helps. How did you figure you are an extravert and not any J, say, INTJ (introverted and J)? Because you got Ti and...? What else?

Can I ask, how much does your being messy bothers you? And how would the "little bit of order" interfere with you?

And sorry, it wasn't clear to me, did you mean that it is relaxing for you to have a big mess, do you just mean you don't make yourself put in the time to keep the order, to be able to get more rest time?
    INTJ? Flattered. Sometimes I really wish I was.

I got Ne, Ti, Fe, and Si? Though I got some developed Te and Fi so it's not so clear cut. And my Ti is a bit high developed. Reason being for survival from trauma. Isolation, keeping emotional distance from most everyone(which I have reason to believe can over develop Introverted functions), focusing on self interest(tools), Ambitions/Goals end up requiring more Te in certain business environments, depression also stifles creativity, Leads me to believe we can still adapt beyond our types, at least to a degree. But besides all that, let's go back to Ne, Ti, Fe, and Si. high Ne (possibilities first>analysis second, jumping from topics, always about possibilities, quirky sarcasm, puns, ect are common) Ti (I pick apart everything, logical-wise, what doesn't make sense I always have to point out and I like making statistical systems to understand everything even if it's pointless), Fe(I use this as a tool to adapt to people and give off warm impressions(I like to speak a bit old fashioned sometimes too), warmer on the outside than inside, but I still think of others feelings and avoid hurting them usually, there's always ways to say things), Si (poor memory, forgetting constantly, add, changing things like my icon and characters I play, games I play, constantly, because I get bored of the same thing, therefore it's weak ... and when I'm under the influence I can get VERY paranoid about my body and if I'm gonna die or something it's ridiculous, whereas normally I don't pay much attention to it other than looking good) - I'd say it confirms ENTP pretty well

Ti-ENTp in socionics however results in giving off a bit more serious edge which has been seen as J tendencies, and more categorical in speech, grounded

Messy... Hmm. It bothers me when it gets too messy. If it's mildly or decently messy but still functional and not in the way it don't bother me much. But any more than that and it distresses me once I can no longer ignore it. "Little bit of order interfere with you"..? The order wouldn't interfere with me. Eh? Idk what you mean by that

Lol a big mess is not relaxing. Heck nah. I don't put in the time to keep the order over and over routinely to check up on it a lot because my ideas are priority. Until I can't ignore it anymore. Keeping a semblance of order makes me feel more organized like my life and mind are more in control.

Actually I think it's the fact that I LIKE the order but I just don't have the discipline or care to keep it up as my ideas are priority and cleaning is boring. But when it is clean, it is refreshing. Also moving stuff around a little bit. Something new and shiny.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-t / Logical
    5w4, 3w4, 9w8 sx/sp "Ambitious Thinker"
    Likes kittenke liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1/3

INTJ? Flattered. Sometimes I really wish I was.

I got Ne, Ti, Fe, and Si? Though I got some developed Te and Fi so it's not so clear cut. And my Ti is a bit high developed. Reason being for survival from trauma. Isolation, keeping emotional distance from most everyone(which I have reason to believe can over develop Introverted functions), focusing on self interest(tools), Ambitions/Goals end up requiring more Te in certain business environments, depression also stifles creativity, Leads me to believe we can still adapt beyond our types, at least to a degree. But besides all that, let's go back to Ne, Ti, Fe, and Si. high Ne (possibilities first>analysis second, jumping from topics, always about possibilities, quirky sarcasm, puns, ect are common) Ti (I pick apart everything, logical-wise, what doesn't make sense I always have to point out and I like making statistical systems to understand everything even if it's pointless), Fe(I use this as a tool to adapt to people and give off warm impressions(I like to speak a bit old fashioned sometimes too), warmer on the outside than inside, but I still think of others feelings and avoid hurting them usually, there's always ways to say things), Si (poor memory, forgetting constantly, add, changing things like my icon and characters I play, games I play, constantly, because I get bored of the same thing, therefore it's weak ... and when I'm under the influence I can get VERY paranoid about my body and if I'm gonna die or something it's ridiculous, whereas normally I don't pay much attention to it other than looking good) - I'd say it confirms ENTP pretty well
    Ah okay, just the ambitions/goals thing seemed really xxNJ to me. (Well J, assuming N along with it)

Ti-ENTp in socionics however results in giving off a bit more serious edge which has been seen as J tendencies, and more categorical in speech, grounded

Messy... Hmm. It bothers me when it gets too messy. If it's mildly or decently messy but still functional and not in the way it don't bother me much. But any more than that and it distresses me once I can no longer ignore it. "Little bit of order interfere with you"..? The order wouldn't interfere with me. Eh? Idk what you mean by that
    As for the question about order interfering with you, I was asking about this line of yours: "I hate just chaos I still appreciate a little bit of order too as long as it doesn't interfere with me"...?

Lol a big mess is not relaxing. Heck nah. I don't put in the time to keep the order over and over routinely to check up on it a lot because my ideas are priority. Until I can't ignore it anymore. Keeping a semblance of order makes me feel more organized like my life and mind are more in control.

Actually I think it's the fact that I LIKE the order but I just don't have the discipline or care to keep it up as my ideas are priority and cleaning is boring. But when it is clean, it is refreshing. Also moving stuff around a little bit. Something new and shiny.
    Hmm, yeah, actually Ns tend to appear more P and Ss tend to appear more J, exactly because of this, Ns focus on ideas instead of organising their physical environment as much.
    Likes Kanra13 liked this post