• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other Socionics] What is your Socionics Subtype?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:)

Ah okay, just the ambitions/goals thing seemed really xxNJ to me. (Well J, assuming N along with it)

As for the question about order interfering with you, I was asking about this line of yours: "I hate just chaos I still appreciate a little bit of order too as long as it doesn't interfere with me"...?

Hmm, yeah, actually Ns tend to appear more P and Ss tend to appear more J, exactly because of this, Ns focus on ideas instead of organising their physical environment as much.

I guess I'm really ambitious for an ENTP? For an NTP in general. I guess it's rare? I've kinda noticed it doesn't seem to be a big factor in a perceiving personality and yet for me it is. Kind of odd I suppose. I've always been visionary. But it's a crazy vision with all sorts of branching off shit to it. Idk if I'll even get it all done. Now I'm curious about this NJ stereotype because I'm not yet here I am just as ambitious. But I have a 3 in my tritype so that could be why, too. (3w4 or 4w3)

Oooh I didn't mean the order interfered with me but sometimes when I'm in the middle of something I don't want to be interrupted to clean it. I always was like that growing up. Rather finish what I'm working on first.

Yeah sounds about right. Ideas>Organization

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
I guess I'm really ambitious for an ENTP? For an NTP in general. I guess it's rare? I've kinda noticed it doesn't seem to be a big factor in a perceiving personality and yet for me it is. Kind of odd I suppose. I've always been visionary. But it's a crazy vision with all sorts of branching off shit to it. Idk if I'll even get it all done. Now I'm curious about this NJ stereotype because I'm not yet here I am just as ambitious. But I have a 3 in my tritype so that could be why, too. (3w4 or 4w3)

Oooh I didn't mean the order interfered with me but sometimes when I'm in the middle of something I don't want to be interrupted to clean it. I always was like that growing up. Rather finish what I'm working on first.

Yeah sounds about right. Ideas>Organization

Ah ok all clear now. :)

Finishing what you are working on... yet another J trait though lol

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah ok all clear now. :)

Finishing what you are working on... yet another J trait though lol

What can I say? I'm full of surprises ;)

Too bad I can't be ENTP'j or something

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bah! I retook the long test. It still says I'm an SEI-1Fe
Reading the description DOES sound a lot like me (but not like me on other sites)... but only, truly me when I'm stressed.
My primary motivations are peace (or absence of conflict) and solitude.
The best way to obtain those are by being likable.

I'm naturally intuitive and can read people with spooky precision (most of the time... though my solitude is making me a bit rusty, or more insecure).
I genuinely care about people... but from a distance :rofl1: If they need me, they know where I am and I'll do darn near most things to help them as best I can.
But I don't like hanging out or chatting or the usual stuff normal people enjoy. Call me on the phone a couple times a months and I'm generally okay.

I am highly introverted, intuitive, perceptive (about people), optimistic, lazy and slothful. I live in the present. I'm creative (when the mood strikes) and somewhat inventive (when there's no other choice lol). I am weak intellectually (abstracts, patterns, basic memory and recall) and atrocious when it comes to all things math.

Yet, one thing has occurred to me. How does HSP play into all of this? I've been HSP all my life, so how has that shaped my cognitive functions and preferences. How did my self-conditioning (SI through teens to reinforce "acceptable" behavior) muck things up or change things?

I must do more research rofl. Does SEI have a shadow type :doh: How do Enneagrams support or suppress Sociotypes?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Thus far I'm leaning toward LII-Ne. I haven't concluded yet, as I'm still new to the system and exploring it...but I know I'm at least Ne Ego. 3D Ne Creative, 4D Ni / Ni Demonstrative, Se PoLR, Fe Seeking, Si Valuing, all fall into place. It's the Program Ti I'm not certain of, but 1) Are the base IE descriptions too exaggerated or unrealistically narrow? 2) Could I potentially be blind to my Base function if it's something like breathing? 3) I tried EII, but Fi Program is so far off it's not even funny...LII's Fi describes me well, though. I see myself as Ti, but I don't see myself as that Ti.

So I'm waiting to see where this goes.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
According to everyone at the16types, SEI-Si. It gets confusing, some people say you can't be sensor in socionics and intuitive in MBTI, other people say yes cause the functions are different and they're different systems. I'm pretty new to socionics. The description does suit me though-I like aesthetics, I'm a peacemaker and a compromiser, a giver, have a good memory, etc.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni subtype, because I'm very out of it all the time.

Enneagram
9w1
I'm an Si valuing Ni lead who also is pretty exciteable by Ne. Okay maybe I'm just an EII. But some people swear I'm an IEI.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am actually not sure; maybe I don't have one.

I mean, neither of these is absolutely me:

Perhaps they are very strong subtypes, for each example.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Bah! I retook the long test. It still says I'm an SEI-1Fe
Reading the description DOES sound a lot like me (but not like me on other sites)... but only, truly me when I'm stressed.
My primary motivations are peace (or absence of conflict) and solitude.
The best way to obtain those are by being likable.

I'm naturally intuitive and can read people with spooky precision (most of the time... though my solitude is making me a bit rusty, or more insecure).
I genuinely care about people... but from a distance :rofl1: If they need me, they know where I am and I'll do darn near most things to help them as best I can.
But I don't like hanging out or chatting or the usual stuff normal people enjoy. Call me on the phone a couple times a months and I'm generally okay.

I am highly introverted, intuitive, perceptive (about people), optimistic, lazy and slothful. I live in the present. I'm creative (when the mood strikes) and somewhat inventive (when there's no other choice lol). I am weak intellectually (abstracts, patterns, basic memory and recall) and atrocious when it comes to all things math.

Yet, one thing has occurred to me. How does HSP play into all of this? I've been HSP all my life, so how has that shaped my cognitive functions and preferences. How did my self-conditioning (SI through teens to reinforce "acceptable" behavior) muck things up or change things?

I must do more research rofl. Does SEI have a shadow type :doh: How do Enneagrams support or suppress Sociotypes?

Bolded do sound Si>Ni in Socionics

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks [MENTION=38431]kittenke[/MENTION] I've been soing a bit more reading up on Socionics today.
But, gee, is it so confusing lol.
Si>Ni, in socionics would be SEI-Ni?
Does that translate to MBTI?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Not at all. Socionics and MBTI are two entirely disparate systems. The "functions" (in Socionics they aren't called Cognitive Functions, they are called Information Metabolism Elements or IE's) are defined differently. They are both founded upon Jung's work, but the primary difference is that Aushra Augusta, the founder of Socionics, also incorporated Antoni Kępiński's Information Metabolism theory into Socionics, and that is not a part of the popular Cognitive Functions that William Harold Grant established using Jung's theories only.

The most overlap in the two systems is found in Ne, which is basically defined in the exact same way in both systems.
The least overlap in the two systems is found in Se probably...in Socionics Se is all about authority, power dynamics, willpower, politics, hierarchy, etc. "MBTI" functions (quoted because that's technically incorrect, it'd just be Cognitive Functions...Myers & Briggs = strictly dichotomies) doesn't even cover that at all. Socionics Se would be the most similar to CF Te out of any of them.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't get how Socionics and Mbti are different. How the functions are different. If I read up Ne and Ni, in both they sound the same. Same with Te and Ti. I don't get it.

I heard ENTP in mbti is ENTp in socionics (which is both of what I've gotten), while INTP in mbti is INTj in Socionics because the introverted ones change a letter while the extroverted stays the same. It made sense when I read it but apparenlty it's not at ALL that case whatsoever.

Because someone can be ESTJ in mbti and ENFJ in Socionics?? Or lets say ENTP in mbti and INTp in Socionics. Like wait what? But one has Ne and one has Ni. ENTP in socionics and mbti sounds the same. And I've gotten that in both systems but INTj-Ne also speaks to me pretty well. But how can I for sure know what I am if the differences in the functions don't make sense. In both systems Ni seems a far-seeing function, Ne scattered, Ti a logical system to form a logical structure. Like I don't get it. The functions are called the same, sound so similar yet aren't.

Maybe since I've always felt I had J tendencies that have confused people I can say I can just say I'm a perciever in mbti and judger in socionics. Solves my problem.

I mean for an ENTP... Boy am I goal oriented! Must be something wrong with that picture

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I don't get how Socionics and Mbti are different. How the functions are different. If I read up Ne and Ni, in both they sound the same. Same with Te and Ti. I don't get it.

I heard ENTP in mbti is ENTp in socionics (which is both of what I've gotten), while INTP in mbti is INTj in Socionics because the introverted ones change a letter while the extroverted stays the same. It made sense when I read it but apparenlty it's not at ALL that case whatsoever.

Because someone can be ESTJ in mbti and ENFJ in Socionics?? Or lets say ENTP in mbti and INTp in Socionics. Like wait what? But one has Ne and one has Ni. ENTP in socionics and mbti sounds the same. And I've gotten that in both systems but INTj-Ne also speaks to me pretty well. But how can I for sure know what I am if the differences in the functions don't make sense. In both systems Ni seems a far-seeing function, Ne scattered, Ti a logical system to form a logical structure. Like I don't get it. The functions are called the same, sound so similar yet aren't.

Maybe since I've always felt I had J tendencies that have confused people I can say I can just say I'm a perciever in mbti and judger in socionics. Solves my problem.

I mean for an ENTP... Boy am I goal oriented! Must be something wrong with that picture

This breaks it down sufficiently.

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-06-11%2Bat%2B3.42.14%2BPM.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-06-11%2Bat%2B3.42.57%2BPM.png

Btw, ENTPs = not goal oriented is a dumb stereotype and not even accurate according to several sources.

There are some types that don't overlap very well as combinations, ESTJ + INTj for example would be ridiculous just as ENFJ 5w6 would...but that doesn't mean INTP = INTj, etc. You can for example be INFP and also IEI.

Part of the reason you don't get it is probably because you're oversimplifying definitions...at least in this post.

Ti a logical system to form a logical structure
...and as for this...Ti in Socionics is all about categorization and classification, Ti in CFs is about building frameworks...

I explained it a bit when I wrote this as well...slightly different context here, but the underlying concept still applies here as well:
There is something in particular that I think the typology community very frequently makes the mistake of doing: "This system's type + This other system's opposite = why I am balanced."

This is faulty reasoning because types are not forces acting and playing roles within you, and I believe it is is one of the reasoning methods behind mistypes. Types are categories, nothing more; if you type as something that contrasts with another system's type, the better method or line of reasoning to follow is that [Set X] when X represents "described traits or natural preferences" falls more smoothly under [Category A] than [Category B] because of reasons within that same system, not another.

When a trait is not strong and borders on something else, there is a possibility that a person will type in [Nomothetic Theory Type 1] in a way that doesn't perfectly overlap with [Nomothetic Theory Type 2] and thus seems like a strange combination; however, [NTT1] might have [Component A] and [Component B], with [A] closely resembling [NTT2] [A], but then [NTT1]'s is entirely different than [NTT2]'s , and thus, they may be [A] in one and in the other despite the overlap between [NTT1-A] and [NTT2-A]. This also explains one possible reason that a person's type is not clearly defined, or there may be confusion, and they might struggle to find their type in (a) certain system(s). The confusion is not caused by being another type in another system: it's caused by being more balanced in that area or fitting another system's other component more when that is not available within the other system.

Keep things separate.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for all the info [MENTION=36353]Hexcoder[/MENTION]
Is it likely an INFP would be SEI-Fe or -Ni?

The info just confuses me to no end. For the intro it says, in part: "... Types that value Ni always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future. Thus they have little time for the concept of "living for the moment" or "making the best of the present". They generally engage in pure leisure activities only for short periods of time, and even then their leisure activities generally involve a psychologically demanding or competitive aspect."

Yet, regarding Ni as a leading function, it says: "... As a base function, Ni generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity..."
Socionics Information Elements: Ni

Both Ni and Si ( Socionics Information Elements: Si ), as leading functions, sound like me lol

Rofl! Because I type consistently as SEI-Fe, I looked up Fe. My goodness. I identify with Leading, CREATIVE, Role (?), and Vulnerable (except the first part of the last sentence). Socionics Information Elements: Fe
I guess it's safe to say I'm definitely a Fe type. With Si and Ni, I only see myself in the Leading role (except for this, with Ni: "The ability to transcend the axis of time and understand the cause and effect relationships that occur is also a feature, sometimes resulting in the ability to accurately predict general future trends and outcomes of certain events." What the heck does that even mean lol)

But, I guess I'll take the rest of my ponderings to my blog...

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Thanks for all the info @Hexcoder
Is it likely an INFP would be SEI-Fe or -Ni?

The info just confuses me to no end. For the intro it says, in part: "... Types that value Ni always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future. Thus they have little time for the concept of "living for the moment" or "making the best of the present". They generally engage in pure leisure activities only for short periods of time, and even then their leisure activities generally involve a psychologically demanding or competitive aspect."

Yet, regarding Ni as a leading function, it says: "... As a base function, Ni generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity..."
Socionics Information Elements: Ni

Both Ni and Si ( Socionics Information Elements: Si ), as leading functions, sound like me lol

Rofl! Because I type consistently as SEI-Fe, I looked up Fe. My goodness. I identify with Leading, CREATIVE, Role (?), and Vulnerable (except the first part of the last sentence). Socionics Information Elements: Fe
I guess it's safe to say I'm definitely a Fe type. With Si and Ni, I only see myself in the Leading role (except for this, with Ni: "The ability to transcend the axis of time and understand the cause and effect relationships that occur is also a feature, sometimes resulting in the ability to accurately predict general future trends and outcomes of certain events." What the heck does that even mean lol)

But, I guess I'll take the rest of my ponderings to my blog...

This is going to require a more in-depth response and I'm in the middle of some work projects...I'll have to come back to this when I take a break. Might be a day or so.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It'll be here whenever you return, [MENTION=36353]Hexcoder[/MENTION].
I'm curious to get your take on

I really like this guy. I pulled up YouTube so I could watch something while I ate, and that video was right there in my recommended rofl. I thought, wow. What friggin perfect timing :rofl1:

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Thanks [MENTION=38431]kittenke[/MENTION] I've been soing a bit more reading up on Socionics today.
But, gee, is it so confusing lol.
Si>Ni, in socionics would be SEI-Ni?

Si>Ni just means you are Si ego not Ni ego. SEI and ISFP

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3

Te and Ti are MOST DECIDEDLY not the same in the two systems.

Maybe Ne and Ni are close enough.

LIE-Ni?