• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Differences Between ILI and SLI

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Socionics Personality Types Comparison:

(Key: ISTp = SLI, INTp = ILI)

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I Think both types are overall much different, even though both are quite T-heavy. SLIs have strong connections with the environment, hands-on mechanics. whereas ILIs are highly theoretical, heads on the cloud. The functions may be the same but they play quite different roles in both sides (perhaps with the exception of Fe, which is PolR of both types).

Both have sharp tongues and can be a bit blunt but SLIs can conform more to the environment (in MBTI terms they are sensors), ILIs are highly non-conformist.

I assume you took the comparison from the Sociotype site, but there are some problems with their comparisons. The alternatives are much the same for all comparisons, they only change which type is more Y than the other. I myself tried to figure out if I was actually an ILI (always scored ILI in english tests) or a IEI and tried this comparisons and only ended up more confused. I wouldn't advise it.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All the types are about priority; that is, which of the 8 or 4 or however many building blocks you adopt are able to operate most absolutely, so that the others take on a relative significance.

Some would say S is about "reality," though I'd say S's orientation is more to actuality (since one can argue potentials are just as real as actuals, as some Ns would be likely to accept).

I view introverted functions in terms of providing constraints -- so for instance, Ti may commit one to a logical framework in which you can say some things and where the expressive power is very important to study (so that new ones must be developed when necessary). Si to me is very much about a practical constraint; it is the blend of esoteric and very simple -- the inaccessibility of an apple's taste to an external observer places some constraints on how one can and cannot communicate things to the external.

There are senses in which ILI and SLI would both appeal to the "intuitive" -- there is just a greater orientation to that which is experienced in one case, and more of one towards the a priori constraints/nature of the mind in the former. In some ways, the former is much more intuitive, yet it is more divorced from the mind, hence in one way less "intuitive." (obviously I'm using "intuitive" not quite as N here.)

I like subtypes theories that explore how one of the other perspectives apart from one's type colors your main one, and for me, Si seems actually to be the one coloring the ILI.