• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SEIs and careers

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, thanks to anyone who responds.

For the SEIs here, what is/are your current career(s)/Occupation(s) and do you enjoy your work? Thanks again!

:D

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi.

Not an SEI myself, but I can try and help by telling you what the SEIs I know in my life do for a living.

My Fe-SEI friend works as a translator. He translates documents if I understand correctly. Not sure he enjoys it, but its good pay (appearantly) which allows him to indulge in his hobbies in a rewarding way.

My Si-SEI aunt wanted to be a pharmacist, but she never worked in her life because in her social environment a woman working was seen in a negative light. She was trained to be a pharmacist, but she told me she was really nervous and worried about everything that she could do wrong, like for example mix up substances when preparing medication. I think she didn't really enjoy working, in itself but she enjoys helping others so if its for other people she can be very dedicated to what she does. Her problem is that she is incapabale of dealing with objective stuff, so working with impersonal information is something she dismisses (in my opinion this is a mistake, but to each their own, I guess).

My Si-SEI cousin does various things, she and her partner published a book on veganism, and she also helps her partner who works as a hair stylist. I think she is off and on in her work. I was gonna say she is not hardworking but I could be wrong about that since she is very secretive. She is just bad at making money and being pragmatic. Which is fine because her father (Te-ILI), my aforementioned aunt's ex-husband, is very wealthy.

I had a music teacher who was Fe-SEI, I think she enjoyed it because she was really into music. But she didn't enjoy teaching too much music theory and preferred practice, you could tell when she taught theory that it grated her. I think her favorite part of the job was getting drunk with the students. Mainly because we got to talk about music and she got to connect with people and see how they were orienting themselves musically. She told us the important thing for her was that her students did music, not just learn notes.

I wish I had more people to talk about, but that's all the SEIs I know well enough to talk about.

So overall, I would draw the conclusion that many SEIs don't enjoy working or straining themselves with effort. They are more laid back. They are also very people oriented. Some occupations which combine the laid backnes of Si with the people orientedness of Fe: psychologist, counselor, doctor (possibly, unless they are overbooked), librarian, nurse, farmer, fisherman, rancher, pharmacist, ranger, teacher (maybe). Since you seem to be looking for the right career, those are few which I think SEI would enjoy. Then again, I'm pretty far from an SEI myself, so maybe I misunderstand you guys.

This is all I got. Hope it helps somehow!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^can confirm, i am a SEI who hates working. if i could just find myself a sugar daddy i would never work another day

Anyway, my current job I've had a week and a half now. Package handler for fedex. Really physically tough job. I'm surprised they hired me since I'm not athletic at all. I consider myself on the fat side of chubby. But while the job is physically demanding I like it. It's pretty chill. You just do your job and people leave you the fuck alone. It's my first job where I don't have to work with the general public. I have an innate blessing for dealing with the general public (my last job was customer service, before that I was a supplemental instructor, and before that, just fast food), but my god am I glad that for once I don't have to do it. My coworkers are nice.

The job I had that I enjoyed the most was when I was a supplemental instructor at the community college I was attending at the time, for PHI 103 (first-order logic/FOL). I made my own schedule, it capped at 10 hours a week and you had to be a student to do it so it was obviously something I could only do for a short time and not forever, but it was nice. I held help sessions for any students who wandered in who needed help with... well, anything related to FOL. Homework, take home exams. I didn't give them the answers but I taught them how to do it themselves. I wasn't their teacher, that was Dr. Updike, who was mine as well, the only logic teacher on campus. But they liked that when they came to my sessions I could work in depth with them. I didn't have lesson plans, if someone wandered in (usually I'd only get 1 or 2 people) we could work on whatever they wanted help with, and they liked that. I became friends with one of the girls who would come into nearly every help session. She bought me candy so I got her a keychain when I went to LA for a concert. Anyway that job was really chill and relaxed but after I graduated I couldn't do it anymore.

Fast food sucked. I was good at it (secret shopper called me "drive thru angel") but I hated the management, the inconsistent scheduling, being rushed all the time. Third job was customer service, which honestly wasn't that bad (it was for Kroger, which is called Fry's in AZ) but the management was fucking awful once again, making me work 40 hours a week when I was hired part time, so I wasn't getting any benefits or racking up any vacation time while being forced to cover for others going on vacation, it pissed me off so much I went back to school and quit that job. Now I've graduated and had the worst time ever finding a job until my current one. Which like I said is physically taxing but so far pretty cool. I actually want to get better at loading trucks and bring my load rate up. I'm around 130 packages per hour right now and I want/need to get up to like 300. Having a stereotypically masculine job strokes my transdude ego. And while I'm definitely not fit there are no super fat people at my job probably because the hiring managers don't think they'd be able to handle the extreme physical demands so I guess that means my job doesn't think I'm too fat to work there so good for me. I'm rambling now

tl;dr working sucks butts and if someone offered to pay me to sit on my ass all day i'd do it 100%, but since that's not the case i work, i'm really good at people-oriented jobs but my current one is just manual labor and so far it's good but tiring.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi.

Not an SEI myself, but I can try and help by telling you what the SEIs I know in my life do for a living.

My Fe-SEI friend works as a translator. He translates documents if I understand correctly. Not sure he enjoys it, but its good pay (appearantly) which allows him to indulge in his hobbies in a rewarding way.

My Si-SEI aunt wanted to be a pharmacist, but she never worked in her life because in her social environment a woman working was seen in a negative light. She was trained to be a pharmacist, but she told me she was really nervous and worried about everything that she could do wrong, like for example mix up substances when preparing medication. I think she didn't really enjoy working, in itself but she enjoys helping others so if its for other people she can be very dedicated to what she does. Her problem is that she is incapabale of dealing with objective stuff, so working with impersonal information is something she dismisses (in my opinion this is a mistake, but to each their own, I guess).

My Si-SEI cousin does various things, she and her partner published a book on veganism, and she also helps her partner who works as a hair stylist. I think she is off and on in her work. I was gonna say she is not hardworking but I could be wrong about that since she is very secretive. She is just bad at making money and being pragmatic. Which is fine because her father (Te-ILI), my aforementioned aunt's ex-husband, is very wealthy.

I had a music teacher who was Fe-SEI, I think she enjoyed it because she was really into music. But she didn't enjoy teaching too much music theory and preferred practice, you could tell when she taught theory that it grated her. I think her favorite part of the job was getting drunk with the students. Mainly because we got to talk about music and she got to connect with people and see how they were orienting themselves musically. She told us the important thing for her was that her students did music, not just learn notes.

I wish I had more people to talk about, but that's all the SEIs I know well enough to talk about.

So overall, I would draw the conclusion that many SEIs don't enjoy working or straining themselves with effort. They are more laid back. They are also very people oriented. Some occupations which combine the laid backnes of Si with the people orientedness of Fe: psychologist, counselor, doctor (possibly, unless they are overbooked), librarian, nurse, farmer, fisherman, rancher, pharmacist, ranger, teacher (maybe). Since you seem to be looking for the right career, those are few which I think SEI would enjoy. Then again, I'm pretty far from an SEI myself, so maybe I misunderstand you guys.

This is all I got. Hope it helps somehow!

Thank you so much for the insights and help. I am very sorry about my late response. Yes, those descriptions do resonate with me and I think you might be right about landing a laid back job that deals with people. We all sound so lazy, but it is kind of true. I suffer from laziness myself. You have given me some food for thought, thank you.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
^can confirm, i am a SEI who hates working. if i could just find myself a sugar daddy i would never work another day

Anyway, my current job I've had a week and a half now. Package handler for fedex. Really physically tough job. I'm surprised they hired me since I'm not athletic at all. I consider myself on the fat side of chubby. But while the job is physically demanding I like it. It's pretty chill. You just do your job and people leave you the fuck alone. It's my first job where I don't have to work with the general public. I have an innate blessing for dealing with the general public (my last job was customer service, before that I was a supplemental instructor, and before that, just fast food), but my god am I glad that for once I don't have to do it. My coworkers are nice.

The job I had that I enjoyed the most was when I was a supplemental instructor at the community college I was attending at the time, for PHI 103 (first-order logic/FOL). I made my own schedule, it capped at 10 hours a week and you had to be a student to do it so it was obviously something I could only do for a short time and not forever, but it was nice. I held help sessions for any students who wandered in who needed help with... well, anything related to FOL. Homework, take home exams. I didn't give them the answers but I taught them how to do it themselves. I wasn't their teacher, that was Dr. Updike, who was mine as well, the only logic teacher on campus. But they liked that when they came to my sessions I could work in depth with them. I didn't have lesson plans, if someone wandered in (usually I'd only get 1 or 2 people) we could work on whatever they wanted help with, and they liked that. I became friends with one of the girls who would come into nearly every help session. She bought me candy so I got her a keychain when I went to LA for a concert. Anyway that job was really chill and relaxed but after I graduated I couldn't do it anymore.

Fast food sucked. I was good at it (secret shopper called me "drive thru angel") but I hated the management, the inconsistent scheduling, being rushed all the time. Third job was customer service, which honestly wasn't that bad (it was for Kroger, which is called Fry's in AZ) but the management was fucking awful once again, making me work 40 hours a week when I was hired part time, so I wasn't getting any benefits or racking up any vacation time while being forced to cover for others going on vacation, it pissed me off so much I went back to school and quit that job. Now I've graduated and had the worst time ever finding a job until my current one. Which like I said is physically taxing but so far pretty cool. I actually want to get better at loading trucks and bring my load rate up. I'm around 130 packages per hour right now and I want/need to get up to like 300. Having a stereotypically masculine job strokes my transdude ego. And while I'm definitely not fit there are no super fat people at my job probably because the hiring managers don't think they'd be able to handle the extreme physical demands so I guess that means my job doesn't think I'm too fat to work there so good for me. I'm rambling now

tl;dr working sucks butts and if someone offered to pay me to sit on my ass all day i'd do it 100%, but since that's not the case i work, i'm really good at people-oriented jobs but my current one is just manual labor and so far it's good but tiring.

Thank you so much for the help and the reply, I am sorry about my late response. Some of the things you have said really remind me of myself. I also seem to perform better at job that deal with people. I am currently working as a caregiver and they say I am good at that and I had a job working on a farm just shoveling shit, but it was great. I worked alone, except for the livestock, the owners were extremely laid back and I could come in almost whenever I wanted. It was probably one of the best or the best job I have had. You have given me some food for thought as well. I hope your job continues to be enjoyable.