• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you rank relations in your OWN quadra?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personally I'm interested in hearing everyone's opinion of relations within their own quadra (provided you know your type). I've seen different rankings of interquadra relations. Obviously, I think most people will agree that duality is the best but what about the other three (identical, activity and mirror), how would you rank those? I'm interested in the "why" of these rankings, like why do choose the order you chose and what is your experience with these relations.

I think that interquadra relations are the best, better than semi-dual and mirage for instance, because while these relations are good, there are values you don't share and that can be a bit grating. With other gammas, I find my interaction is smoothest and we share all of the same values, even if of course, I don't necessarily get along with every gamma I meet, especially if other factors are getting in the way (such as different values in life).

Here is how I would rank relations in my own quadra:

1 Duality Obviously, this one isn't difficult. It is the most compatible, conflicts are very rare. For this relation to work out though, you need to have similar goals and be willing to work towards them with the other person.

2 Activity Second best, I would rank it on par with mirror, except for the fact that SEEs make up for my weak functions, where I share the same functions with ILIs. It's not great for overly demanding relationships, but the best for short-term or casual ones. If these relations fail, it is because you expect too much out of your partner.

3 Mirror I would say this one is really smooth, based on experience. We understand each other's sense of humor and have an easy time talking and relating, and I find they are nice people once I get to know them. I ranked it as inferior to activity, because they can't compensate your weak functions, but honestly, it feels almost as good. If these relations fail, it is because you can't compensate your partner's weak points.

4 Identity Honestly I would rank this relation as the most tense, though not necessarily bad. The best case scenario is that one plays the role of mentor or teacher, but that's only possible if one clearly has more wisdom or knowledge in life. My best relations with other LIEs have been relations of learning: older LIEs have taught me alot. But if both partners are about the same age, and in a similar situation in life, it can be quiet tense.

How would you rank relations within your quadra?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have enough relationships to really compare much, and I have trouble pin pointing the sociotypes of my exes now that it's been many years since I've last spoke with them. It is very difficult for me to answer this thread, then. I'm sorry! Hope you get all the helpful replies for your questions, OP. ^^

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't remember what all these quandra things are. It's been a while since I've reviewed them. I do remember that I was supposed to get along with ESTP's, and I don't really like most of them. I like NFP's really well. Ime, they're emotionally honest, even if they don't want to be. I've also find NTP's to be compatible with me. They're unfussy in many ways and can take care of themselves to an extent.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have enough relationships to really compare much, and I have trouble pin pointing the sociotypes of my exes now that it's been many years since I've last spoke with them. It is very difficult for me to answer this thread, then. I'm sorry! Hope you get all the helpful replies for your questions, OP. ^^

Honestly the only one I'm inexperienced in is duality. But I'm not asking just for romantic experiences, it seems you understood my question that way? Any relation, romantic, family, friendship, will do. If you still don't know though then that's ok.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't remember what all these quandra things are. It's been a while since I've reviewed them. I do remember that I was supposed to get along with ESTP's, and I don't really like most of them. I like NFP's really well. Ime, they're emotionally honest, even if they don't want to be. I've also find NTP's to be compatible with me. They're unfussy in many ways and can take care of themselves to an extent.

Socionics is pretty different from MBTI, I could give you some links to info if you'd like, but I don't wanna clutter up this thread with "what is socionics" since there are already threads for that, lol.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
duality: perfect, isfp for me

activity: activates and works with activities, esfj for me

mirror: is a mirror, intj for me

identity: high fun at first and then dissolve, entp for me

ranked in that order

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
duality: Ideal in the sense that they're capable of compensating for your weak spots while you're still able to see where the other is coming from.

activity: Feels really good as a private thing but only is great for short term due to different priorities. Not super great. Chemistry is there.

mirror: Intense, different values, get along on the surface, good if a working relationship.

identity: Feels weird for some reason.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't have enough to go by for a ranking/assessment that's not just theoretical (i.e. a repeat of everything you'd find on the net), but here's what I've seen.

Identity is generally competitive, for good and for bad. Good and very satisfying when it's iron sharpening iron. But there can be a lot of arm wrestling when we strive to fit the same "role" -- whether it's team lead, smart guy, researcher, checklist-maker, out-of-the-box thinker, etc. -- and carve out a chunk for ourselves. We're not necessarily going to go out of our way to strongarm one another, but if the dynamic comes up..

Duality can be hard to break into initially, but cooperative and harmonic when given the chance. It's not nearly as downright magical as Socionics would have you believe, nor is it worthy of the only dynamic in which you're not absolutely fucked status, but it's usually pretty smooth and complementary. Specific interests might not overlap as much, but general interests might; and values and outlook overlap a lot.