• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ILI-INTp or LII-INTj?

Enneagram
I took my time to devolop my own hypothesis.
[MENTION=33733]Straylight[/MENTION]: I think you're right. I might be not an ILI. I just cannot have such a highly developed Ti as demonstrative function. Also, I agree with you about being rational and static as well. One time, it was striking, doing the SOLTI-160, to see my rational preference even if I resulted as ILI. By the way, I've always tested as LII on most tests and I relate more to the LII description.

Here's my try: I'm a LII-Ti. This type would comprehensively explain why some people typed me as ILI. Since this is the rational subtype of LII and Ti is its leading function, LII-Ti would be the inert subtype. This means that all of LII's inert functions (1, 4, 6 and 7 - Ti, Se, Si, Te) are more visible in the person. The contrary is for the contact functions (2, 3, 5, 8 - Ne, Fi, Fe, Ni). This would be enough to explain why:

- Most people saw a high Se;
- Most people saw a high Te;
- I don't think I have a high Ne: in fact, I would use it only to support my highly valued Ti.

So, do you think it's accurate?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree with you at some extent in this. I like to gain knowledge, in many different fields and many times it seems, to an outsider, that I am only doing this for the sake of knowing, learning without much application, just for the fun. But in reality, I think everything I learn can be put to good purpose in something at some point, as aleatory the subject may be. So, many times I find myself studying and learning things that seem "useless" but I feel quite confident that I'm going to use that knowledge at some point in my life.
What I agree is, when the OP says they just want to know for the sake of knowing, it sounds that the OP doesn't care much about the application, which would not be quite ILI. But, at the same time, OP also says that it would be a waste of time posting here if it was not for knowing their type so perhaps the OP is like me, they want to understand it know knowing that, if not right now, one day this knowledge will be put to some good use. All in all, self knowledge is a powerful tool and can be fairly useful.

Well true, it does feel good to know stuff, and one gains a sense of confidence from it and maybe self-esteem, but here you also point out that you leave room for the possibility that at some point you might use the knowledge in your life. For the most part I'm the same, but often I will study a topic that I know has absolutely no application in my life, like for example cosmology or quantum mechanics or something like this, purely because I just find theoretical science interesting. I'm not sure if you also do the same thing, and if so, well I could also be wrong and that might be another area of overlap between ILI and LII. I really do feel these two types in particular have a great deal in common, even though they have very different cognitive function ordering and dichotomy preferences. I sympathize with the OP, I also had a hard time figuring out my own sociotype. It took me years in fact and I used to think I was an ILI for quite some time.

As I am rather certain of being LIE, let me just say this. I don't necessarily seek out knowledge because it is directly useful. I am often curious about things, and will try to gain knowledge about what I inquire. Neverthless, I don't like theories that feel too convoluted or that seem like they just have no relation to reality whatsoever, I like things that feel concrete, and it's rewarding when I can apply what I know. It's just that I don't pick up a book with the foreknowledge of what I'm going to use it for exactly, often I don't know where I am goin with something when I am learning. I don't necessarily have an endgame of applying what I know in this or that field, with this or that specialization, yet I also like to learn stuff that "feels" concrete - reading excessively on quantum mechanics might get a bit trite, not because the subject is disinteresting (its not), but because if that's all I'm doing is reading, I feel like I'm distancing myself from real-life experience.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The easiest way to spot differences between quasi-identical types is to look at what functions you value. But this isn't easy because it requires self-knowledge. Reading up on Socionics more and more might not be useful here, as it may not knowledge of Socionics you are missing, but simply how that knowledge applies to you.

For instance, while I never suspected I could be ILE (my quasi-identical type), I did consider myself EIE for a long time. But then I realized that I didn't value Fe, and that I valued Fi. This realization wasn't due to my reading some text on Socionics, but rather, by coming to a better understanding of what I wanted. I didn't want cheerful, energetic, group connections(Fe). I want deep connections one-on-one with people(Fi). I am fairly serious overall, not merry/cheerful. When I discovered this about myself, it made sense. I just connected what I already knew about Socionics to what I had learned about my own motivations.

Analyzing the difference between my own type, LIE, and my quasi-identical type, ILE, the differences are striking. We have the same strengths, same weaknesses and may interested in similar things. But we don't value the same functions. They value Fe and Si, both functions which grate and irritate me. On the other hand, I'd much rather connect with someone based on Fi and Se, which ILEs seem to flee, because Fi is "deep" and Se is "aggresssive". Same with the strong functions, I find Ne (working out different possibilities) boring, I'd much rather have my course decided as fast as possible so I can act on it (Ni). And with the thinking fucntions, I don't enjoy breaking something down logically and trying to analyze it, I find this unstimulating, but I find Ti ego types enjoy it.

So my advice would be to look at your weak functions, and see which approach you prefer (if you are certain that you are either LII or ILI): Se and Fi, or Fe and Si. The two are extremely different.

Enneagram
The easiest way to spot differences between quasi-identical types is to look at what functions you value. But this isn't easy because it requires self-knowledge. Reading up on Socionics more and more might not be useful here, as it may not knowledge of Socionics you are missing, but simply how that knowledge applies to you.

For instance, while I never suspected I could be ILE (my quasi-identical type), I did consider myself EIE for a long time. But then I realized that I didn't value Fe, and that I valued Fi. This realization wasn't due to my reading some text on Socionics, but rather, by coming to a better understanding of what I wanted. I didn't want cheerful, energetic, group connections(Fe). I want deep connections one-on-one with people(Fi). I am fairly serious overall, not merry/cheerful. When I discovered this about myself, it made sense. I just connected what I already knew about Socionics to what I had learned about my own motivations.

Analyzing the difference between my own type, LIE, and my quasi-identical type, ILE, the differences are striking. We have the same strengths, same weaknesses and may interested in similar things. But we don't value the same functions. They value Fe and Si, both functions which grate and irritate me. On the other hand, I'd much rather connect with someone based on Fi and Se, which ILEs seem to flee, because Fi is "deep" and Se is "aggresssive". Same with the strong functions, I find Ne (working out different possibilities) boring, I'd much rather have my course decided as fast as possible so I can act on it (Ni). And with the thinking fucntions, I don't enjoy breaking something down logically and trying to analyze it, I find this unstimulating, but I find Ti ego types enjoy it.

So my advice would be to look at your weak functions, and see which approach you prefer (if you are certain that you are either LII or ILI): Se and Fi, or Fe and Si. The two are extremely different.

Completely agreed. I think that my real problem is trying to apply the Socionics knowledge to myself. I'm having a hard time overanalyzing my thoughts and actions for weeks. That's why I've answered the questionnaire, where I just talk about "me" and other people try to analyze my traits. Most of them agreed that I'm an ILI, since I showed valued Ni, Te, Fi and Se. More specifically, there is a high probability that I could be an ILI-Te (the rational subtype would explain why I am not completely irrational).

Talking about functions, ordered by their strength, they are: Ti>Te>Ni>Ne>Si>Se>Fi>Fe.
Honestly, I feel that my Ti is very strong, but I don't know if I value it. Some said that I always value business logic before it, therefore typed me as ILI. I actually still can't understand fully what Ni is. If it's about daydreaming, not being linked to the outside world, thinking about the past and the future, recalling important dates of my lifetime, punctuality, perception of time, being cautious, then I'm all of this. Also, as you could see, I'm very indecisive and, even though I look for a final conclusion, it's difficult to reach it.
I think I value Fi. I love and respect individuality and I hate when people cheat, don't say the truth, mask their true selves. My Fe and Se are pretty weak. Especially the former. Specifically, I try not do display my emotion just because I'm afraid people would perceive me as unnatural. The latter, instead, is more present in my self (dutiful, independent, strong-willed), but it's still weak. Talking about Ne, I like this function, but I think it's not strong.

I'm sure about being the rational subtype of ILI or LII (ILI-Te or LII-Ti). Personally, I think that the LII-Ti would overdo the fact that I'm rational, while the ILI-Te would balance my preference for rational/irrational. Also, I strongly relate to gamma and not alpha. What's your opinion?:)

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Completely agreed. I think that my real problem is trying to apply the Socionics knowledge to myself. I'm having a hard time overanalyzing my thoughts and actions for weeks. That's why I've answered the questionnaire, where I just talk about "me" and other people try to analyze my traits. Most of them agreed that I'm an ILI, since I showed valued Ni, Te, Fi and Se. More specifically, there is a high probability that I could be an ILI-Te (the rational subtype would explain why I am not completely irrational).

Talking about functions, ordered by their strength, they are: Ti>Te>Ni>Ne>Si>Se>Fi>Fe.
Honestly, I feel that my Ti is very strong, but I don't know if I value it. Some said that I always value business logic before it, therefore typed me as ILI. I actually still can't understand fully what Ni is. If it's about daydreaming, not being linked to the outside world, thinking about the past and the future, recalling important dates of my lifetime, punctuality, perception of time, being cautious, then I'm all of this. Also, as you could see, I'm very indecisive and, even though I look for a final conclusion, it's difficult to reach it.
I think I value Fi. I love and respect individuality and I hate when people cheat, don't say the truth, mask their true selves. My Fe and Se are pretty weak. Especially the former. Specifically, I try not do display my emotion just because I'm afraid people would perceive me as unnatural. The latter, instead, is more present in my self (dutiful, independent, strong-willed), but it's still weak. Talking about Ne, I like this function, but I think it's not strong.

I'm sure about being the rational subtype of ILI or LII (ILI-Te or LII-Ti). Personally, I think that the LII-Ti would overdo the fact that I'm rational, while the ILI-Te would balance my preference for rational/irrational. Also, I strongly relate to gamma and not alpha. What's your opinion?:)

Well, I consider I'm pretty bad at typing people based on questionnaires.

I relate to this statement

I think I value Fi. I love and respect individuality and I hate when people cheat, don't say the truth, mask their true selves.

I wouldn't draw any conclusions solely on such information, but it does seem to point to Fi>Fe.

I actually still can't understand fully what Ni is. If it's about daydreaming, not being linked to the outside world, thinking about the past and the future, recalling important dates of my lifetime, punctuality, perception of time, being cautious, then I'm all of this.

I would say these are all manifestations of Ni, and yes I am all those things as well. Again, not that much info to go by though.

You say you relate to gamma over alpha. In what ways do you relate to gamma? How does it sound like you? How is alpha your conflicting quadra? etc. How do you feel about beta and delta?

Enneagram
You say you relate to gamma over alpha. In what ways do you relate to gamma? How does it sound like you? How is alpha your conflicting quadra? etc. How do you feel about beta and delta?

Well, even if I am just 16 years old, people always tell me I'm an "adult", which seems to be the stereotype of Gamma Quadra. I feel way more comfortable around adults. And they say I show some kind of maturity, sense of responsibility that a teenager is less likely to display.

I never start a conversation for the sake of interacting. It needs to have a goal. In fact I seem to dislike Alphas in the sense that I don't feel at ease in large groups where everyone shares his feelings. I hate futile small talk. I'd rather spend my time discussing with 1/2 people about things that really interest me.

What really makes me think that I'm not an Alpha is the fact that I'm not so open to new experiences (I think I'll never try drugs for example), maybe due to my lack of Ne, a function that I really like but from my point of view is quite useless and annoying at times I prefer depth of ideas compared to breadth of ideas, therefore Ni>Ne.

Talking about the other Quadras, I can relate more to Delta than to Beta. As I said, I care more about the topic than the atmosphere. And honestly I don't like the Beta attitude to include everyone in the large group.
When someone interrupts my conversation with a friend, I get irritated, because most of the times the "invader" does that just to irrupt and say some stupid sentence that is completely useless to our main conversation.

It might be helpful also to talk about my constructivist preference. I'm clearly a constructivist type. Often trying to provide material solutions to problem, re-watching films to experience again an emotion. This could be another sign of a possible low Ne (scarce ability to find new activities).

The general ILI image fits me quite well, but also the LII's does so.
Have you some ideas? If you nee any further information, just ask! ;)

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, even if I am just 16 years old, people always tell me I'm an "adult", which seems to be the stereotype of Gamma Quadra. I feel way more comfortable around adults. And they say I show some kind of maturity, sense of responsibility that a teenager is less likely to display.

I never start a conversation for the sake of interacting. It needs to have a goal. In fact I seem to dislike Alphas in the sense that I don't feel at ease in large groups where everyone shares his feelings. I hate futile small talk. I'd rather spend my time discussing with 1/2 people about things that really interest me.

What really makes me think that I'm not an Alpha is the fact that I'm not so open to new experiences (I think I'll never try drugs for example), maybe due to my lack of Ne, a function that I really like but from my point of view is quite useless and annoying at times I prefer depth of ideas compared to breadth of ideas, therefore Ni>Ne.

Talking about the other Quadras, I can relate more to Delta than to Beta. As I said, I care more about the topic than the atmosphere. And honestly I don't like the Beta attitude to include everyone in the large group.
When someone interrupts my conversation with a friend, I get irritated, because most of the times the "invader" does that just to irrupt and say some stupid sentence that is completely useless to our main conversation.

It might be helpful also to talk about my constructivist preference. I'm clearly a constructivist type. Often trying to provide material solutions to problem, re-watching films to experience again an emotion. This could be another sign of a possible low Ne (scarce ability to find new activities).

The general ILI image fits me quite well, but also the LII's does so.
Have you some ideas? If you nee any further information, just ask! ;)

I relate to what you wrote about large groups. I don't like those. I mean, I do understand beta's logic of including everyone, if you're at a party for example, it kinda makes sense to not leave people out, but I also prefer to interact in smaller groups, or one-on-one (ideally).

I don't relate to disliking new experiences though. I actually love new experiences, kinda like Ne and Se doms do, but unlike the Ne doms I don't pursue things because they are new. I also relate to having a narrower scope of ideas and this fits me fine - exploring to many ideas superficially gets old fast for me. As far as not wanting to try drugs, I don't think that's type related. Drug users come in all types, so do non-users.

Don't worry though. You are still very young, and will discover things about yourself as you grow up.

Just one more thing. You say you relate to delta over beta. If you were Ti dom, and a Ti subtype, I think you would relate more to beta and Ti-LSI. A Te-ILI will relate more to Te-SLI. But on the other hand, if you were Ni-ILI or Ne-LII, it would be the other way around if I'm making sense here. I lean more towards Ni subtype, and remate slightly more to beta than delta, or maybe I relate to both about equally depending on life period. Just something to consider.

When you say that the "image" of both the ILI and LII fits you well, what do you mean by that? I would suggest not to go too much by image, since it is a bit superficial. ILI and LII can fill similar roles stereotypically (the computer nerd, the introverted intellectual, etc) and while it can be a fun to see just to what extent these roles fit you (or don't fit you), I wouldn't base my self-typing on these images either...

You sound more gamma to me than alpha. Especially the part about people seeing you as an "adult". I could relate to that as a child even...

Enneagram
When you say that the "image" of both the ILI and LII fits you well, what do you mean by that?

I actually can't explain in words, but it's like I have an "image" of each type (usually associated to a color). Hell, it's way too vague and intangible and sort of inaccurate, thus I prefer not to take it into consideration.
From a more practical point of view, I meant that the general description describes me in a good way. As you said, my impression can be based also on their social roles, both suitable for my person.

I think that I'm a Gamma. Especially when I compare to my schoolmates. I feel more mature, less willing to take risks. I don't know why, but if we're discussing something and it's my turn to speak, the class listens carefully to what I'm saying, in (unusual) silence. It's like they do care a lot about my opinion and trust me. Besides this, they always treat me in a soft way, since I do the same with them. It's all about equality. I treat you the way you treat me.

Also, they try to involve me in their activities, they want me to go at parties, to hang out with them. I appreciate it, but I never say yes. Maybe because I don't like their obsession to turn anything into a drug and alcohol aggressive party or things like that. I hate this kind of behavior because I feel that they act in such a way just to feel "adult", but they exhibit all but what I define maturity. I could be boring, but that's my point of view. I have other ways to have fun and spend my free time (music, poetry, researches). They just don't know me at all. Maybe just 5% of me.

I hope that anything I'm adding is useful in any way. Sorry for any mistake, I'm not a native speaker.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just wanted to point out that I am an INFp-IEI(Ni) and I relate to nearly everything that was written in this thread. I think you are pointing many introverted and intuition (Ni or Ne) traits than anything else. You should keep in mind that Ni alone is very analytical and rational which may blur everything a little bit more. I think that Ne, too, is at some extent a rational function but certainly not as Ni.
The creator of the thread seems to be indecisive about ILI or LII, therefore I think he should focus more on the way the dominant and auxiliary functions work together and what fits him the best, his case being Ni-Te or Ti-Ne. The traits you've listed are easily shared among both types, and others as well, just like the LIE above and, in my case, IEI. Other thing that may help is understanding the 3rd function, Si or Fi. It's also important to point out that even if you are an ILI, you may find yourself relating more to Ti than Te because, after all, you are an introverted.That's why you should see how Te interacts with Ni, but if your Ti is clearly much stronger then you may be an LII and should see how the Ti-Ne dynamics work.

Some aspects I think you should ask yourself:
Are you more focused on one task and driven to complete it or are you more inclined to many hobbies without much application?
How is your thought process?
Do you have a set of values/beliefs that you consider of ultimate truth or are more open-minded to many different viewpoints?
How stubborn can you be you're confronted about something you are sure of?
How is your temper?
For me, those things can separate ILIs and LIIs apart. LII is more of an analyst and principles seeker, ILI is a hardcore critic which a bit of know-it-all aspects.
This may also be of some help, if you haven't tried it already: Socionics Personality Types Comparison:

While i'm not on gamma quadra, I don't think I've ever been a child, when I was a kid I was more of an adult locked in a children's body, so I don't see much problem with [MENTION=33801]DestroyTheSpineless[/MENTION] researching socionics at the age of 16. I started at 15 and at that time I was more mature than most of the mid-twenties of this forum.

And yes I agree with one of thing OP said in this thread: don't obsess much about it. The main purpose of Socionics or any other type system is self-knowledge, if you are getting stressed out because of it, it may not be worth it. And giving my opinion in all of this, your obsession with finding your type and how you even tried to create your on method to type yourself, the way you got defensive when questioned early on this thread as well seems a bit ILI to me. Your obstination in finding your type also resembles of the self described ILI of this thread saying he/she tries to implement his/her own methods to sort things out and seek purpose on everything.

Enneagram
Are you more focused on one task and driven to complete it or are you more inclined to many hobbies without much application?
How is your thought process?
Do you have a set of values/beliefs that you consider of ultimate truth or are more open-minded to many different viewpoints?
How stubborn can you be you're confronted about something you are sure of?
How is your temper?

First of all, thank you for your insightful response.
I've been researching a lot these days, because I want to consider ALL the facts to make my final decision. And even if I've gathered lots of resources, I could still be skeptical about my own conclusion, that's why I need also others' opinions to get an accurate result.

Let's say that, at first, I'm focused on achieving/doing something. I can even make plans for it. But if I have little interest in the task (this is not the case for Socionics), I might decide just to give up and doing something else. This is the main reason why, most of the times, I end up sitting on my bed for hours playing the bass, in a lazy and slack manner. It's true that slackness/laziness is my natural state, but in that case it's even more emphasized.
Example: "Alright, today I want to compose a new piece of music." I start the activity, do it for 5/10 minutes, but then I say "why am I even doing this?" and give it up. It happens also with homework. I don't know but I think it could be a sign of Irrationality. On the other hand, if the task interests me (yes, Socionics is the case), I may become obsessive and spend days thinking about it. This instead might be a Decisive sign.

If you ask me about my thought process, the only thing I can say is: "I really don't know.". What I'm sure about is that I spend loads of time in my head. Sometimes I think about something (past/future, analyzing random music, reflecting on weird things), other times I don't even realize that I'm thinking. My attitude is detached because of this. One thing though: although I live in my head, when it comes to do some activity, I'm easily mobilized and I don't lack concentration. I prefer to spend less time on tasks, but I try to give all I have in that little time. I'm focused. This can explain why I always finish class tests early. This is especially important true talking about homework. Because I never lose concentration, I can make it in a little. And since it's a duty, I would feel guilty if I'd not complete it, so I give my best. But I never end up studying late at night.

My first value is honesty. You have to say the truth. In any case. It does not matter. Also, I give people a lot of freedom and I want them to treat me in the same way. I always try to weight all the facts to make a decision, so I get REALLY angry if someone defines me as "unfair". I think it's useless to say that I am completely open-minded about homosexuality and things like that. It's not that I "accept" it. It's completely normal and I don't see why to criticize it.

You asked me if I'm stubborn. Yes, I am stubborn. Mainly about anything. Because I am so skeptical of other people's ideas, I always consider mine "more accurate", since I know how I processed it. Even my teachers define me "stubborn" and "intransigent". I don't want anybody to contrast my opinion. If so, I'd become defensive and I'll try any effective method to burn out argumentations against my idea. I know it's not the greatest quality I possess. But at least I'm being honest with myself.

My temper is usually relaxed, phlegmatic. At times some of my "more anxious" friends are envious of this attitude. I'm just good at calm people down. It's true that my natural state is calm, but if someone invades my space (usually showing too much Fe) I can aggressively reject their intention and then instantly switch again to my slackness.

I hope that I wrote some relevant information. :)

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First of all, thank you for your insightful response.
I've been researching a lot these days, because I want to consider ALL the facts to make my final decision. And even if I've gathered lots of resources, I could still be skeptical about my own conclusion, that's why I need also others' opinions to get an accurate result.

Let's say that, at first, I'm focused on achieving/doing something. I can even make plans for it. But if I have little interest in the task (this is not the case for Socionics), I might decide just to give up and doing something else. This is the main reason why, most of the times, I end up sitting on my bed for hours playing the bass, in a lazy and slack manner. It's true that slackness/laziness is my natural state, but in that case it's even more emphasized.
Example: "Alright, today I want to compose a new piece of music." I start the activity, do it for 5/10 minutes, but then I say "why am I even doing this?" and give it up. It happens also with homework. I don't know but I think it could be a sign of Irrationality. On the other hand, if the task interests me (yes, Socionics is the case), I may become obsessive and spend days thinking about it. This instead might be a Decisive sign.

If you ask me about my thought process, the only thing I can say is: "I really don't know.". What I'm sure about is that I spend loads of time in my head. Sometimes I think about something (past/future, analyzing random music, reflecting on weird things), other times I don't even realize that I'm thinking. My attitude is detached because of this. One thing though: although I live in my head, when it comes to do some activity, I'm easily mobilized and I don't lack concentration. I prefer to spend less time on tasks, but I try to give all I have in that little time. I'm focused. This can explain why I always finish class tests early. This is especially important true talking about homework. Because I never lose concentration, I can make it in a little. And since it's a duty, I would feel guilty if I'd not complete it, so I give my best. But I never end up studying late at night.

My first value is honesty. You have to say the truth. In any case. It does not matter. Also, I give people a lot of freedom and I want them to treat me in the same way. I always try to weight all the facts to make a decision, so I get REALLY angry if someone defines me as "unfair". I think it's useless to say that I am completely open-minded about homosexuality and things like that. It's not that I "accept" it. It's completely normal and I don't see why to criticize it.

You asked me if I'm stubborn. Yes, I am stubborn. Mainly about anything. Because I am so skeptical of other people's ideas, I always consider mine "more accurate", since I know how I processed it. Even my teachers define me "stubborn" and "intransigent". I don't want anybody to contrast my opinion. If so, I'd become defensive and I'll try any effective method to burn out argumentations against my idea. I know it's not the greatest quality I possess. But at least I'm being honest with myself.

My temper is usually relaxed, phlegmatic. At times some of my "more anxious" friends are envious of this attitude. I'm just good at calm people down. It's true that my natural state is calm, but if someone invades my space (usually showing too much Fe) I can aggressively reject their intention and then instantly switch again to my slackness.

I hope that I wrote some relevant information. :)

It did, what you described seemed a lot like an ILI to me.

Enneagram
[MENTION=33955]shpotva[/MENTION]: Thanks again. Yes, I think I'm more ILI than LII. It's strange, because I usually test as LII and on the SOLTI-160 I always have a slight preference towards Rational and Static as well. As I've already written, my strongest function is Ti, which, in case I'm an ILI, would be my demonstrative function. So, my question is, what happens when your demonstrative is so strong? Also, this would type me as an ILI-Te, with stronger contact functions (Te, Si, Se, Ti). But I don't relate much to its description (sociable, elegant and engaged in business). I relate more to the ILI-Ni. The problem is that the latter is completely Irrational (Irrational type + Irrational subtype), while I have some Rational traits. Do you think I can be an ILI-Ni even if with a more Rational tendency? Also, I think that my Fi (Hidden Agenda) is very clear, and since it's stronger in the Inert subtype, it could be possible. :unsure:

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=33955]shpotva[/MENTION]: Thanks again. Yes, I think I'm more ILI than LII. It's strange, because I usually test as LII and on the SOLTI-160 I always have a slight preference towards Rational and Static as well. As I've already written, my strongest function is Ti, which, in case I'm an ILI, would be my demonstrative function. So, my question is, what happens when your demonstrative is so strong? Also, this would type me as an ILI-Te, with stronger contact functions (Te, Si, Se, Ti). But I don't relate much to its description (sociable, elegant and engaged in business). I relate more to the ILI-Ni. The problem is that the latter is completely Irrational (Irrational type + Irrational subtype), while I have some Rational traits. Do you think I can be an ILI-Ni even if with a more Rational tendency? Also, I think that my Fi (Hidden Agenda) is very clear, and since it's stronger in the Inert subype, it could be possible. :unsure:

I think yes, you could easily be an ILI. As I mentioned in my original post, Ni is a very rational function in nature, which can make things a bit confuse. I'm an IEI-Ni and I'm much more rational than it would be expect me to be, but that's mainly because I rely heavily on my Ni. So don't be surprised if you think you spend too much time inside your head thinking and relating that to Ti, it's actually your Ni doing that. What turns that introspection into reality is your Te. When you do charts, graphics and the like, it's your Te making sense of your Ni process of thought.
The SOLTI-160 is an english adaptation of the Talanov test, which is in russian, and if you can read russian with some level of proficiency, I highly recommend you to do the test, it's 700 questions long and much more accurate (there are short versions, though, one with 500 and other with 300). Many questions in the SOLTI were quite lost in translation. Still, it's the best socionics test out there in english. I did both the Talanov and the SOLTI (the later for recreational purposes). I was typed as an ILI in SOLTI, which is clearly not my case. Unfortunately, we have few resources about this system in any language other than russian. When researching about the types, I highly recommend you to go first on sociotype and then on wikisocion, 16personalities has many flaws and I would recommend you to avoid it unless it is the only place you can find an explanation for something you are searching.

Enneagram
The SOLTI-160 is an english adaptation of the Talanov test, which is in russian, and if you can read russian with some level of proficiency, I highly recommend you to do the test, it's 700 questions long and much more accurate (there are short versions, though, one with 500 and other with 300). Many questions in the SOLTI were quite lost in translation. Still, it's the best socionics test out there in english.

I can't read russian, but I'm using Google Translate and it seem to work quite well. By the way, I wasn't able to find anything longer than the SOLTI-160. The SOLTI-330 is down. I downloaded a 40-questions test on excel. It was so interisting to see how each question correlates to the 8 IEs and the 16 TIMs. Can you perhaps tell me how you took the long test? Thank you. :)

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't read russian, but I'm using Google Translate and it seem to work quite well. By the way, I wasn't able to find anything longer than the SOLTI-160. The SOLTI-330 is down. I downloaded a 40-questions test on excel. It was so interisting to see how each question correlates to the 8 IEs and the 16 TIMs. Can you perhaps tell me how you took the long test? Thank you. :)

I've took it a while ago on Соционика.инфо

Enneagram
Is anyone able to say whether I am static or dynamic based on some line of text? If so, what should I write about?

Tomb1

LII-Ne 5w6 so/sp looks right.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've been into Socionics for one year, but I still can't figure out my type. Could you help me deciding between ILI and LII? Thanks in advance.

Tell me about yourself.
I’m Alex, 16 years old and I’m from Italy. Yeah, such a beautiful country.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

What are your values, and why?

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

How would your friends describe you?

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

How do you behave around strangers?

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.

What did you do last Friday?

Who do you admire, and why?

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

That's hotelambush's questionnaire. Hotelambush is an EII-Fi like Maritsa/Beautiful Sky, so not surprisingly, the questionnaire assumes good Fi on the part of the user. Thus, LIIs try harder to be responsive to questions that call for Fi. In contrast, ILIs typically show some antagonism towards this questionnaire, attack the intelligence or assumptions behind it, and/or express reservation in their answers....not the takeaway I get from the OP's responses. Fi Role > Fi Mobilizing