• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's My Type? Socionics Version

What's my Sociotype

• ILE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESE

• LII

• SEI

• LIE

• SEE

• ILI

• ESI

• SLE

• EIE

• IEI

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • LSI

• IEE

• SLI

• LSE

• EII

• Total voters

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
About four years ago I discovered personality typing, which I’ve somehow never heard of before, and decided to give it a shot since I started to go through a lot of changes at that time and wanted to make sense of myself. I took every MBTI test available and came out ENTP in all of them. I also took many Enneagram tests and came out as a type 8 every time.

It all fit me so perfectly at the time, I felt a mixture of elation, giddiness and weirdly fear, because it was so accurate. But very soon after I became active in forums and started to interact with other ENTPs I realized I couldn’t be one, since every single interaction with xNTPs left me either enraged, disgusted or bored. In all these years I’ve come to understand the Enneagram really well and confidently find my tritype and instinctual variants, but never got to find my MBTI type. I then moved to Socionics which I find to be much more interesting, but also confusing and even contradictory in some aspects.

I have no idea why this is so important to me, being that I’m fully aware that neither theory is nowhere near perfect. I justify it to others when they ask as being because I want to work on my weak spots and utilize my strong ones to its full potentials which is true, but I don’t think that’s the only reason. I try to tell myself that these letters mean nothing (which they actually don’t), but I’m still obsessed I just need this to end once and for all so I can move on, otherwise my one track mind won’t let me concentrate on other issues.

If it helps, my Enneagram tritype is 8w7-7w8-3w4 sx/sp/so. I feel like I need to include this because it makes me very confused since I never know if I'm mistaking my Enneagram traits for Socionics aspects. I can't post any pictures of myself for professional reasons, so we'll have to skip the visual identification.

So now onto the questionnaire:

Part I:

Part II:

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Part III:

I posted this on somewhere else and was advised to include it here. It's about my biggest weakness:

Biggest weakness: I'm addicted to information partaking my interests.

My inability to concentrate in one thing long enough online. I have a job that leaves with me many empty hours between activities, and since my coworkers are generally too tired to do anything with me, I go online. I actually have a plethora of interests so it doesn't bother me, problem is, I just can't seem to be productive. I'll read or watch something and midway I'll be reminded of something else, or see something be referenced in it that I don't know much about or haven't seen in awhile, so I'll open a tab to research it...infinitely. I'm like Alice falling down the rabbit hole, except I never land.

Soon three hours will have passed and I'll have 40 tabs open (no exaggeration), but won't have finished reading/watching what I was doing in the first place. Then I'll put in Pocket to read it later, or download it in case of it being a video/podcast. I have a folder named "NEW" in my computer, it's HUGE, the oldest stuff in there is six months old and it keeps on growing, because as soon as I watch three videos, I'll watch three more on Youtube and download others for later. I accidently deleted my bookmarks folder once and I was actually reviled, because it was stuffed with stuff I'd never have time to see. Ditto when my last computed died on me, I was happy to buy a new one and start anew but surprise, surprise, the cycle started again.

The things I read and watch all partain my interests and have relation to my work, I don't watch cute videos of babies and animals, funny ones with pranks and challenges or beauty tutorials. But even though the content might have quality and be worthwhile, it's my inability to stay focused on one thing at a time and limit what I consume that still makes it a waste of time. It happened earlier today. I was researching Chinese traditional music when I saw a TED talk in the related videos so I opened it on another tab, but 5 minutes into it the guy mentioned the Five Taoist Elements. So I went and took a couple assessments and got Fire in all, that led me into reading about Avatar's Fire Nation, which led me into the philosophical take on the elements through the ages. Then it was time for lunch, and I had completely forgotten about Chinese traditional music, until my trainer asked me about it.

That doesn't only happen because of something else catching my attention, though. It also happens because I'm a perfectionist, and I have the belief that you never can know enough. I'll want for something I'm working on to be perfect, so I'll waste time soaking up information about it during preparation mode, and subsequently putting off the actual finalization of the product so I can "perfect" it, according to new information I find on it. It makes me always finish in the nick of time, it's so stressful. The worst thing is when my teachers will say some variation of "There was no need to goo so deep, you wrote too much". It's like a slap in the face, I feel so foolish. My compulsion embarasses me in other ways, because I had people who spent time with me with say things like "Don't even mention it to her, or she'll become obsessed!!!" when someone was trying to introduce me to a subject.

It might seem like a silly thing for some, but I've been suffering with this for years, and I have many projects very important to me I have no hope in making a reality if I don't get a grip on this. Unfortunately going into therapy to solve this is impossible where I live and doing what I do, so I'll have to find a way out of this myself.

I hope I can get some input that at least points me to the right direction, questions are welcomed. And thank you for anyone who drops by with a constructive post :hug: