• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Visual Identification Benchmark List

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Disclaimer:
-This thread is not for circle-jerking on celebrities. Whether these people are celebrities or not is irrelevant, I just picked as well known examples as I could, so they can be observed. If you want to know the name of particular celebrity, save the picture.
-These people have not only been typed using VI. Quotes/biographies have been read, videos have been watched and they have been compared to other people of the same type I've met IRL.
-What you should be looking for are facial expressions, and overall energy/vibe, although identicals sometimes have similar facial features as well. The gaze is especially important. Over time, patterns will emerge.
-This list is not complete. I need to find more examples of both sexes for some of the types.
-I might have made 1 or 2 mistakes, but for the most part I believe this list is correct.

ALPHA

ESE-Fe

ESE-Si

ILE-Ne

ILE-Ti

LII-Ne

LII-Ti

SEI-Fe

SEI-Si

Next will be beta quadra.

Last edited:

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So, you're placing VI on top of Sociotype, and then building a framework between the VI's. What do you have on the base level, though, to determine that the individuals are those Sociotypes? Integrity of the higher level system relies on the integrity of the lower level system.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread is based on my personal observations. It's supposed to be useful for someone who is trying to make their minds up about Visual Identification. These people may or may not be the type I claim them to be, but a person must check that for themselves. In any case, believing a bit in socionics and the fact that people have a certain type ingrained on them, by which they perceive information, is a prerequisite. I assume you don't believe this. So I wonder, why are you typing yourself EII? What's your basis for doing so?

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ingrained? Yes, though, in the vast majority of society such would be indistinguishable from each other, as all things ascribed to Socionics would simply be normalized distributions of imbalances. Genetic or inherent? No, because then you would just be typing people based upon maladaptive mutations.

Would probably be valuable if you placed actual words to the patterns you are trying to show so you can classify them accordingly. E.g., top eyelid position, bottom eyelid position, brow position, etc.

Some of your selected celebrities probably aren't the best choices, though, as they represent phenotypes of genetic mutations.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would probably be valuable if you placed actual words to the patterns you are trying to show so you can classify them accordingly. E.g., top eyelid position, bottom eyelid position, brow position, etc.

VI doesn't work that way. It's much more holistic; it takes into account the overall vibe that a person transmits.

Some of your selected celebrities probably aren't the best choices, though, as they represent phenotypes of genetic mutations.

You are calling my examples mutants?

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
VI doesn't work that way. It's much more holistic; it takes into account the overall vibe that a person transmits.

You are calling my examples mutants?

Vibe is just a placeholder word people use when they can't be specific.

Some look like theyou have the same facial features often present in ASD. Maybe pick people with similar basic facial structures for the benchmark? Then you will be providing a similar baseline visually for each type.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vibe is just a placeholder word people use when they can't be specific.

Perhaps you don't have at your disposal the required IM's necessary to "capture" the vibe of something/someone.

Some look like theyou have the same facial features often present in ASD.

Oh really?

Maybe pick people with similar basic facial structures for the benchmark? Then you will be providing a similar baseline visually for each type.

That would be very difficult to do, unnecessary, and counter-productive. Identicals don't need to have the same facial features to be identicals.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Perhaps you don't have at your disposal the required IM's necessary to "capture" the vibe of something/someone.

That just sounds like you don't have the language skills to describe your feelings.

Oh really?

That would be very difficult to do, unnecessary, and counter-productive. Identicals don't need to have the same facial features to be identicals.

I wasn't talking about identicals.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That just sounds like you don't have the language skills to describe your feelings.

Oh I do have them, I just don't feel like it.

I wasn't talking about identicals.

So you mean pick people that have similar face structures but of different types? What for?

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh I do have them, I just don't feel like it.
Isn't it for other people, though? Do it for the ST's that wanna know.

So you mean pick people that have similar face structures but of different types? What for?
So people don't confuse biology for personality.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't it for other people, though? Do it for the ST's that wanna know.

Gulenko already described the subtypes.

So people don't confuse biology for personality.

Hmm. It might be interesting to do so, but seems a bit difficult finding a bunch of people with similar face traits but different types.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Gulenko already described the subtypes.
That's not based upon visuals. Another author did visuals in theIr type descriptions, but doesn't match yours.

Hmm. It might be interesting to do so, but seems a bit difficult finding a bunch of people with similar face traits but different types.
If going by facial expressions and not biology, you could just use the same person but in multiple expressions to illustrate if they were a different personality type.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not based upon visuals. Another author did visuals in theIr type descriptions, but doesn't match yours.

I haven't done any descriptions so how can you say they don't match mine? You talking about Meged and Ocharov?

If going by facial expressions and not biology, you could just use the same person but in multiple expressions to illustrate if they were a different personality type.

You don't get how it works. Since a person has a determinate hard-wiring of their psyche, this will reflect on their face. People who are perceiving and processing information similarly, will demonstrate similar traits appereance-wise (and not only behavioral-wise). This is the basis of VI.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I haven't done any descriptions so how can you say they don't match mine? You talking about Meged and Ocharov?

Maybe be that one. Gives physical descriptions for the types, which don't match the people you posted in the pictures.

You don't get how it works. Since a person has a determinate hard-wiring of their psyche, this will reflect on their face. People who are perceiving and processing information similarly, will demonstrate similar traits appereance-wise (and not only behavioral-wise). This is the basis of VI.
Isn't that basically saying that people's genetic facial structure determines their Sociotype?

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe be that one. Gives physical descriptions for the types, which don't match the people you posted in the pictures.

Those descriptions are utter crap.

Isn't that basically saying that people's genetic facial structure determines their Sociotype?

No, it is not only genetics. Or are you saying genetics accounts for the full individuality of a person? How do you explain the differences among identicals twins? And you still don't get that VI is not about "facial structure".

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, it is not only genetics. Or are you saying genetics accounts for the full individuality of a person? How do you explain the differences among identicals twins? And you still don't get that VI is not about "facial structure".

I don't base it at all on genetics, nor do I base it on being something that can't change over time.

" will demonstrate similar traits appereance-wise (and not only behavioral-wise)" what are you calling appearance here? Behaviors are all facial expressions and any way eyes look, etc. Then you have grooming and clothing.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
" will demonstrate similar traits appereance-wise (and not only behavioral-wise)" what are you calling appearance here? Behaviors are all facial expressions and any way eyes look, etc. Then you have grooming and clothing.

I assume you meant "appereance is" . I mean everything. From the way a person speaks, to the way he/she walks, to the way he/she gazes or smiles. How they dress or groom themselves can also be relevant.