• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New and Awesome Socionics Test

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks for the info. I can try.

I don't see why this would be the case. Socionics is just a tool to identify how a person's brain is hardwired, and to try to predict how a inter-relation between two types is going to play out. Perhaps sexual orientation (not physical gender) would affect how far these people involved would get in the relationship, but the inter-type relation would stay the same. The way your brain is hardwired is independent from your sexual orientation (I think), and also independent from physical gender. There seems to be higher chance that if you are physically a male, you'll get a "male brain" too, but then we have transgendered people.

By using the same logical rules that it is built upon. If you're going to divide up and categorize reality dichotomously, then you cannot simply choose to ignore the dichotomy of male/female without the whole thing being illogical. Similarly, if you take the dichotomy of subjective/objective (they already did this), then the two dichotomies combined would lead to 4 possible combinations which fit into Socionics logical structure: male-subjective, male-objective, female-subjective, and female-objective. Taking your consideration at the moment into account, you are questioning both yourself and I about if male/female is something subjective or objective. By taking that, we can say that those who do not consider male/female to be real to be subjective, which places all who do not consider male/female to be real as Alpha or Beta. This also bears the consequence of the subjective types and the objective types to place other individuals as contrary types in whatever manner they do choose to divide male/female into their own understandings of Socionics.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm just trying to lure people into this friggin' subforum. I've moved past MBTI at this point, and I like this place, so I would like to interact with people here on the subject of socionics. But for some reason, people here in this forum seem to have figured out their socionics type (and surprinsgly so; many people seem to have got it correct), and they no longer consider socionics an interesting subject. I find this puzzling, since socionics is a hundred times more detailed, accurate, deep, and useful than MBTI (IMO).

Socionics - the16types.info forums

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By using the same logical rules that it is built upon. If you're going to divide up and categorize reality dichotomously, then you cannot simply choose to ignore the dichotomy of male/female without the whole thing being illogical. Similarly, if you take the dichotomy of subjective/objective (they already did this), then the two dichotomies combined would lead to 4 possible combinations which fit into Socionics logical structure: male-subjective, male-objective, female-subjective, and female-objective. Taking your consideration at the moment into account, you are questioning both yourself and I about if male/female is something subjective or objective. By taking that, we can say that those who do not consider male/female to be real to be subjective, which places all who do not consider male/female to be real as Alpha or Beta. This also bears the consequence of the subjective types and the objective types to place other individuals as contrary types in whatever manner they do choose to divide male/female into their own understandings of Socionics.

I am neither Alpha nor Beta, and I think that "male" and "female" are not objective dichotomies. On the other hand, I know this ILE-Ne who is always categorizing people into these two labels. Moreover, there are many factors into account, and there even are people who refuse to pick a gender, since they don't feel any of them fits them Non-binary | Gender Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia. And even if it was objective, and a person was either one of the other, what would it matter in the context of intertypes?

That place is not conducive for open discussion at the moment. Try to test the limits a bit (like for example, challenging long stablished biases) and you'll see what happens.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, tried to do it, but got to around question 50, realized there were 160 total, and gave up. Honestly, that test seems pretty ridiculous and more like someone was making an amateur MBTI test than anything Socionics related.

That's strange. I found this test pretty well done (even though it did not give me my type, but in these kind of detailed tests all the details can be relevant, and it got my conflictor type SEI right at the last probable type for me). After these two tests:Tests Socionics - Socionics test , it's the best I've tried.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am neither Alpha nor Beta, and I think that "male" and "female" are not objective dichotomies. On the other hand, I know this ILE-Ne who is always categorizing people into these two labels. Moreover, there are many factors into account, and there even are people who refuse to pick a gender, since they don't feel any of them fits them Non-binary | Gender Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia. And even if it was objective, and a person was either one of the other, what would it matter in the context of intertypes?

That place is not conducive for open discussion at the moment. Try to test the limits a bit (like for example, challenging long stablished biases) and you'll see what happens.

Let me put it this way, Socionics is how you process information, correct? If such is the case, then if you divided up how all people process and conclude "is male/female concrete and objective," into yes/no, then half of the societypes would select Yes, and half would select No. This is one of the dichotomies. You would not have one individual of one type fundamentally agree with Yes and another individual of the same type fundamentally agree with No, because such would invalidate the entire system which is based upon them processing this information in the same manner.

That's strange. I found this test pretty well done (even though it did not give me my type, but in these kind of detailed tests all the details can be relevant, and it got my conflictor type SEI right at the last probable type for me). After these two tests:Tests Socionics - Socionics test , it's the best I've tried.

Take this. It will knock out all but 2 types based on Reinin dichotomies. Make sure you agree with your results. HelloQuizzy.com: The Sublime Philosophical Crap Test

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Someone remind me to take this tomorrow when I have a little more time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just trying to lure people into this friggin' subforum. I've moved past MBTI at this point, and I like this place, so I would like to interact with people here on the subject of socionics. But for some reason, people here in this forum seem to have figured out their socionics type (and surprinsgly so; many people seem to have got it correct), and they no longer consider socionics an interesting subject. I find this puzzling, since socionics is a hundred times more detailed, accurate, deep, and useful than MBTI (IMO).

When are you going to move past Socionics?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am neither Alpha nor Beta, and I think that "male" and "female" are not objective dichotomies.
I agree, especially where personality is concerned. There is a rough dichotomy in some aspects of biology, but even there, there are far more similarities than differences. I have found that personality is a much stronger influence on how someone thinks, reacts, decides, and views the world. Of course it is all skewed by the considerable effects of social conditioning, but even there, type comes into play, sometimes to mitigate, sometime to reinforce it. All in all, male and female are about as useful in personality analysis as handedness is.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree, especially where personality is concerned. There is a rough dichotomy in some aspects of biology, but even there, there are far more similarities than differences. I have found that personality is a much stronger influence on how someone thinks, reacts, decides, and views the world. Of course it is all skewed by the considerable effects of social conditioning, but even there, type comes into play, sometimes to mitigate, sometime to reinforce it. All in all, male and female are about as useful in personality analysis as handedness is.

HelloQuizzy.com: The Sublime Philosophical Crap Test

Go for it. Verify the results.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To what purpose? The introduction is hardly encouraging:

To be honest, this test probably won't enlighten you in the least--seeing as how it is full of big, high-sounding words that not even the author knows how to pronounce--and you are probably better off taking that flavored condom test after all. (Apparently, I'm a banana-flavored condom.) But at least my test tried to tell you something important, damn it. And that has made all the difference. Which is none. But even nothing is something, if you look at it in a sort of Hegelian way. But what do you know about that, unless you take this test?

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To what purpose? The introduction is hardly encouraging:

Their results directly correspond with Reinin Dichotomies. Because you're not already educated on them, nor the correspondence to the test, it will be a blind test to determine your sociotype.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Bm5HgC8.png

I feel like this would be a better enneagram test than a socionics test. Also clearly from the test results I am on the Ne-Si axis. Why were my results EIE?

Dunno, but your avatar "is" EIE.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Test beta - AIM | AIM

I don't think it's accurate to me, first of all, I am pretty sure I am not ILI, but beyond that, these results, especially in the more in depth analysis look more like LIE (which I actually could be). But enough about me, I want to know your results and what you think, even if its not the most accurate it has some cool analysis and comparison features in the results pages.

m3W4AnP.png

r7cd6ZI.png

I don't see ILI as likely, imo.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Been a while since I got SLE... I'm actually okay being in Beta.

But IEIs as my dual? I hope I meet a healthier and better one, because the ones I've met are absolutely terrible to deal with.

MBTI has very disproportionate population percentage distributionso. It is not necessarily the case with Socionics (it's a goal of empiricism to eliminate such, similar to Big 5), so your duals can be more close to being an average Joe than you think.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Their results directly correspond with Reinin Dichotomies. Because you're not already educated on them, nor the correspondence to the test, it will be a blind test to determine your sociotype.
How does my sociotype relate to the ongoing discussion?

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Oh, that makes more sense. Disregard my last post.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, thats why I don't understand how this test works, it's clearly not based on cognitive functions because otherwise it would have been LIE.

I could tell what a lot of the questions were going for while also recognizing that the way people would perceive and answer said questions would be counter to what the question was going for. The author also seems to lump desires, ability, and actual behaviors into one thing within their head. I don't like creative writing or acting or anything of that sort, but I excel at them, and I could potentially do such things even though I don't desire to do such nor would enjoy doing such; however, the author switches between these three things without really seeming to be concerned with the difference between them.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, that makes more sense. Disregard my last post.

? That was a reply to Coriolis, because I told her to take a different test that is based upon Reinin Dichotomies. The test you originally posted seems to be based upon hogwash and someone's desire to seem smart lol.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How does my sociotype relate to the ongoing discussion?

It's a thread on testing societypes. Knowing your sociotype gives a way to check the original test's accuracy. If you don't want your type known, that's fine.