• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quadra behavior

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Can someone explain to me in simple terms how each quadra is like? You know, like behavior, expression, vibe, etc. Just basic information about what makes each quadra itself. For instance--somebody told me that Deltas are unlikely to express their feelings much, Betas are dramatic, etc. I'd like to know more.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can someone explain to me in simple terms how each quadra is like? You know, like behavior, expression, vibe, etc. Just basic information about what makes each quadra itself. For instance--somebody told me that Deltas are unlikely to express their feelings much, Betas are dramatic, etc. I'd like to know more.

Gamma is quite subdued. In an average gathering, there's hardly more than 5 people in it. Usually, the topics of conversation are future plans (how they are going to execute it), personal relations (what someone is to that person, likes and dislikes, trying to "read" a person to know what that person is like e.g. "This person is lazy/This person is genuine"), maximizing resources (talking about how things can be done better at work or with money) and heart to heart talks (empathizing with someone's situation).

When they do discuss these topics, they are viewed with the lens of "what is it right now", "what can be done right now" and "how will it lead into the future".

Generally, Gamma SFs read people and exercise "artificial" power (getting to know someone's strengths and weaknesses, and knowing when to press the weaknesses to do what they want), while Gamma NTs arrange the environment to better fit future needs (saving money for a rainy day, etc).

For example, I frequently talk to [MENTION=11809]Hive[/MENTION] about things like this. How things usually go about is me (Gamma SF), talking about somebody that I don't like, describing his/her personality traits (lazy, unambitious, whiny) :)Fi:), and his actions :)Se:). To me, that person is unlikely to change because I've interacted with him/her and at that present moment he/she is like that. Hive would then remind me that that person *can* change, given enough time :)Ni:). I would adamantly insist that that person would be like that, and that I'm too impatient to give that person a chance, because I don't want waste any more time :)Se: leading, weak :Ni:) He would then suggest to me different ways to make the present moment less insufferable :)Te:), such as interacting when only necessary and the like.

Then the conversation moves to something more practical-oriented. Just the other day we were talking about wages for part timers in our countries. Hive was talking about how he was willing to do back-to-back 10 hour shifts, sacrificing rest :)Si: devaluing, :Ni: :Te: oriented) because he had a vacation coming up and wanted enough money for the whole trip. I asked him how much wages usually are and he said it's around $15 baseline. I was so shocked, because here in Singapore, we don't have minimum wages, and because of that, the normal pay for part timers are around $6 an hour. He was quite shocked too, and asked how we lived, to which I answered, I don't know, since Singapore and Sweden are somewhat similar in costs :)Te: and :Se:).

To summarize, Gamma is a quadra that favors an intimate atmosphere over a loud and engaging one, where members can share personal sentiments and future plans. The extroverts can seem somewhat introverted because of this, but they remain extroverts because of their orientation to objects as opposed to the fields between objects.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

If there's one word that I would use to describe Beta, it's "unity". No other quadra rallies its members as well as Beta, where the Beta NFs communicate their visions (hoping for world peace, freedom of speech for whatever cause they're championing, :Fe: and :Ni:), hoping for others to feel the same, and the Beta STs doing most of the groundwork and using "raw" force (in comparison to Gamma's "artificial" force) to achieve those visions (organizing people in rallies, using force to thwart disruptors, :Se: and :Ti:).

On a more microscopic level, the theme of "unity" still stands. Beta groups can be quite small or large, depending on the activity involved, and usually topics of conversation are stories with spectacles (a story where something spectacular or interesting happens, think front page news stories on Facebook or the newspaper, or even tabloids, :Fe:), how an interesting event or story progressed through time (how Sally met Tommy, what led them to be together, how they fought and end up breaking relations, basically any Korean drama you watch, :Ni:), testing and creating boundaries (breaking rules and seeing how far they can go, :Se:), and discussing inconsistencies in systems or authorities :)Ti:).

When all of these topics are discussed, it is somewhat expected that members of the conversation let the speaker have their "spotlight", so that the speaker can enchant and evoke whatever feeling the speaker wants them to feel. Disruptors aren't well received, where members who share sentiments might gang up and shun them, and people who react with indifference to their stories will most likely be excluded from future conversations. Hence, the theme of "unity".

For example, I was at Singapore's pride event earlier last month. Their theme was "Celebrating the freedom to love", and everyone wore pink as part of that. If you wore any other color, people might look at you weird if you actively try to participate, or just regard you as a passerby.

Towards the climax of the event, everyone in pink gathered to form a huge dot, where speakers inspired the community :)Fe:) to be persistent and stay strong, and to stand up against opposition :)Se:) so that in the future, they can live as free as possible, without needing an event to "Celebrate the freedom to love" :)Ni:). Everyone in the crowd had a huge placard where everyone wrote their wishes, and I saw lot of messages asking to repeal an archaic law that criminalizes sodomy, but not consensual lesbian sex, with some even going as far to to describe and analyze how logically inconsistent the law is :)Ti:).

To summarize, Beta is a quadra that emphasizes unity through inspiration and visionary :)Fe: and :Ni: respectively). To do this, they must organize people either forcefully or logically, where they may do so under an authority or point out how illogical their actions are in accordance to the given goal :)Se: and :Ni:, respectively). In this respect, the introverts can seem like extroverts because of how much they interact with people or objects, but they remain introverts because of their orientation to their visions or systems as opposed to the objects themselves.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION]

tumblr_nupyrtJgvm1uep2yzo1_500.gif

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

CC: [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION]

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If there's one word that I would use to describe Beta, it's "unity". No other quadra rallies its members as well as Beta, where the Beta NFs communicate their visions (hoping for world peace, freedom of speech for whatever cause they're championing, :Fe: and :Ni:), hoping for others to feel the same, and the Beta STs doing most of the groundwork and using "raw" force (in comparison to Gamma's "artificial" force) to achieve those visions (organizing people in rallies, using force to thwart disruptors, :Se: and :Ti:).

On a more microscopic level, the theme of "unity" still stands. Beta groups can be quite small or large, depending on the activity involved, and usually topics of conversation are stories with spectacles (a story where something spectacular or interesting happens, think front page news stories on Facebook or the newspaper, or even tabloids, :Fe:), how an interesting event or story progressed through time (how Sally met Tommy, what led them to be together, how they fought and end up breaking relations, basically any Korean drama you watch, :Ni:), testing and creating boundaries (breaking rules and seeing how far they can go, :Se:), and discussing inconsistencies in systems or authorities :)Ti:).

When all of these topics are discussed, it is somewhat expected that members of the conversation let the speaker have their "spotlight", so that the speaker can enchant and evoke whatever feeling the speaker wants them to feel. Disruptors aren't well received, where members who share sentiments might gang up and shun them, and people who react with indifference to their stories will most likely be excluded from future conversations. Hence, the theme of "unity".

For example, I was at Singapore's pride event earlier last month. Their theme was "Celebrating the freedom to love", and everyone wore pink as part of that. If you wore any other color, people might look at you weird if you actively try to participate, or just regard you as a passerby.

Towards the climax of the event, everyone in pink gathered to form a huge dot, where speakers inspired the community :)Fe:) to be persistent and stay strong, and to stand up against opposition :)Se:) so that in the future, they can live as free as possible, without needing an event to "Celebrate the freedom to love" :)Ni:). Everyone in the crowd had a huge placard where everyone wrote their wishes, and I saw lot of messages asking to repeal an archaic law that criminalizes sodomy, but not consensual lesbian sex, with some even going as far to to describe and analyze how logically inconsistent the law is :)Ti:).

To summarize, Beta is a quadra that emphasizes unity through inspiration and visionary :)Fe: and :Ni: respectively). To do this, they must organize people either forcefully or logically, where they may do so under an authority or point out how illogical their actions are in accordance to the given goal :)Se: and :Ni:, respectively). In this respect, the introverts can seem like extroverts because of how much they interact with people or objects, but they remain introverts because of their orientation to their visions or systems as opposed to the objects themselves.
ATM I'm listed as Gamma, and this description made me think because I have such a strong resistant reaction to atmospheres like this - a kind of cold, hard embarrassment. I'm not saying any of the following is right or good, but it's a behavior sample for the thread:

While I can feel the sentiment around me and can choose to let go and be swept up in it, it's a non-spontaneous choice. My impulse is not to dissent so much as to just close a pair of emotional steel doors and either get away physically or distance myself in my mind and outward emotional expressions. I may think critical thoughts (or alternately, be privately moved in support of what's around me, maybe even holding back tears) and show resistant body language, but more so in the past than these days - as I've gotten older, I'm more aware of what's wrong with this behavior and make an effort to be polite about my lack of preference for these activities. But if others don't listen to my request to sit it out and try to pull me in, my restraint will be tested. Something in me is threatened by this stuff, and I can't put words to what it is. It could also have to do with my upbringing by two introverts, and how children's bullying (which I experienced) often is an abusive attempt at comedy. Imagine how a cat reacts when you try to put it in clothes.

I'm also at risk of being this person without any actual ill intent:
and people who react with [outward] indifference to their stories will most likely be excluded from future conversations.
Being aware of how others will see that reaction (too bad it's usually hindsight), if my reaction to the "story" was good after all (other times, it's quite the opposite) and left me wanting to connect further with the source (sometimes it doesn't), I may return to that person later to share my thoughts about it one-on-one, expressing my support and belief in their goodness in serious terms that reflect how much thought I was actually giving the matter while I listened.

It's a recurring behavior for me in general: visibly detaching from the group experience of an issue, but once I've processed it personally, conveying a strong and certain opinion on the matter to others in private and taking up silent action for this cause, at which I may work beyond what is collectively expected.

I may come off as the person you know that you don't talk with as much as the others, who disappears for periods, and who seems like an ambivalent member of the friend group. Then, one day when you're venting about a problem, I'll look you directly in the eyes and tell you that you can get through this because you are among the kindest/bravest/most capable/[word] people I have encountered in my short lifetime. And BTW, here is a ridiculously sized offer of my resources to contribute, because [informed by my accumulated observations] I have absolute trust that your heart is in the right place with what you're trying to do. Post that, I'll probably fade off again because I'm a douche. But I'm always watching. And judging, I'll concede.

In truth, there's very little in this world that I'm indifferent about.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^I can relate to that Alaska.

These descriptions are awesome, Kierva. I still don't think I'm ever going to be keyed into socionics in a defining way (but that's more, me not wanting to be tied up in any system anymore / my own views on the whole thing), but I have to say, your descriptions are super awesome and make waaaay more sense than anything I've read online. When I read online socionics descriptions it's just a bunch of nonsense to me. Perhaps it's that you're making it 'real'. Anyway. I definitely don't line up with Beta, I know that much. :laugh:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright, we are gaining some traction!

ATM I'm listed as Gamma, and this description made me think because I have such a strong resistant reaction to atmospheres like this - a kind of cold, hard embarrassment. I'm not saying any of the following is right or good, but it's a behavior sample for the thread:
Gotcha. Let's begin to analyze.

While I can feel the sentiment around me and can choose to let go and be swept up in it, it's a non-spontaneous choice. My impulse is not to dissent so much as to just close a pair of emotional steel doors and either get away physically or distance myself in my mind and outward emotional expressions. I may think critical thoughts (or alternately, be privately moved in support of what's around me, maybe even holding back tears) and show resistant body language, but more so in the past than these days - as I've gotten older, I'm more aware of what's wrong with this behavior and make an effort to be polite about my lack of preference for these activities. But if others don't listen to my request to sit it out and try to pull me in, my restraint will be tested. Something in me is threatened by this stuff, and I can't put words to what it is. It could also have to do with my upbringing by two introverts, and how children's bullying (which I experienced) often is an abusive attempt at comedy. Imagine how a cat reacts when you try to put it in clothes.
This is a very good example of :Fi: dominance. The concise, official description of :Fi: is "internal statics of fields", where the person using this function is assessing the field between herself and what is happening, so that she may form an "attitude" or "opinion" about it. Because it is static, this judgment is unlikely to change, and hence why you see :Fi: descriptions talk about ethics and values.

I'm also at risk of being this person without any actual ill intent:

Being aware of how others will see that reaction (too bad it's usually hindsight), if my reaction to the "story" was good after all (other times, it's quite the opposite) and left me wanting to connect further with the source (sometimes it doesn't), I may return to that person later to share my thoughts about it one-on-one, expressing my support and belief in their goodness in serious terms that reflect how much thought I was actually giving the matter while I listened.

This is a good example of preferring :Fi: over :Fe:, because where :Fe: emotions are expressive and fleeting, :Fi: wants to make the emotion heartfelt and constant.

It's a recurring behavior for me in general: visibly detaching from the group experience of an issue, but once I've processed it personally, conveying a strong and certain opinion on the matter to others in private and taking up silent action for this cause, at which I may work beyond what is collectively expected.
I'd like to invite you to read "Gamma - The Complex of Tied Hands", where the writer mentions that "Alpha Quadra kills by word, while Gamma quadra avenges itself by action – they will take something heavy into their hands and then adequately react in response. Alpha Quadra will consider its aggression to be inappropriate and unwarranted – they will loudly yell and shout, and call for help (as here nobody will try to shut their mouth) but Gamma Quadra won't get stopped by the cries of their offenders. The important thing for Gamma types is that right now their hands are not tied – and they can act and directly deal with their opposition here and now."

I may come off as the person you know that you don't talk with as much as the others, who disappears for periods, and who seems like an ambivalent member of the friend group. Then, one day when you're venting about a problem, I'll look you directly in the eyes and tell you that you can get through this because you are among the kindest/bravest/most capable/[word] people I have encountered in my short lifetime. And BTW, here is a ridiculously sized offer of my resources to contribute, because [informed by my accumulated observations] I have absolute trust that your heart is in the right place with what you're trying to do. Post that, I'll probably fade off again because I'm a douche. But I'm always watching. And judging, I'll concede.
From this, I would wager that you would rather be a friend that people cry to and count on listening, than a friend that would laugh along with and go MIA when the going gets tough. I think this is a good example of :Fi: and :Se: working together, where :Fi:'s ethics and values stays constant despite whatever hardship or tough situation that tests your will with :Se:. I believe that the most ultimate form of devotion is the manifestation of :Fi: and :Se:, and that is why I love Gamma quadra so much.

In truth, there's very little in this world that I'm indifferent about.

Still waters run deep, and that is why I hold off judgment until I've truly known a person (democratic trait).

These descriptions are awesome, Kierva. I still don't think I'm ever going to be keyed into socionics in a defining way (but that's more, me not wanting to be tied up in any system anymore / my own views on the whole thing), but I have to say, your descriptions are super awesome and make waaaay more sense than anything I've read online. When I read online socionics descriptions it's just a bunch of nonsense to me. Perhaps it's that you're making it 'real'. Anyway. I definitely don't line up with Beta, I know that much. :laugh:

Thank you, and the pleasure is mine.

As I've said before, a lot of socionics is just decontextualized theory. It's no problem for :Ti: users, where consistent logical links are valued, but what about myself, a :Te: valuer who learns mostly through examples and evidence? What I've written is something that I've personally experienced, and it takes a lot of time to contextualize and understand how these events fit within my knowledge. I'm glad that you guys find it informative and understandable, because that was my main goal from the start of this thread. Maybe, for the benefit of other readers, can this thread be stickied or even put into an article format (CC: [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION])?

As an aside, I'll be writing something about Alpha and Delta soon. I've put these two off because I'm not that familiar with them, but I'll try my best to make whatever knowledge I have as simple to understand and factually correct as possible.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yes, all of this. I want to respond to the gamma description as well, but didn't have time today.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

My apologies for the late post, so here goes.

Alphas like to talk. A lot. In any forum, the most likely ones to come up with a fluff thread is usually an Alpha. Online, you can't really see :Si: as concretely as real life, but it is still there, in the form of a comfortable atmosphere, so that people can interact with each other as freely and as positively as possible :)Fe:).

In the same setting, the ones that like to debate a lot are also Alphas. Driven by their need to clarify and systemize their thoughts :)Ti:), they explore different possible explanations or solutions to the problem at hand :)Ne:). To an Alpha, finding out what something is isn't as exciting as what it could be, because they see many potential uses or applications for it :)Se: devaluing, :Ne: valuing). Sometimes these potentials can be infinite, so it's hard for them to realistically use all these potentials :)Se: devaluing).

In a real life setting, these observations still ring true. Like Beta, the group can be big or small depending on the activity, but instead of having one speaker at a time in Beta, Alphas are encouraged and free to interject or interrupt if they have something witty or funny up their sleeves, or even something that adds value to the conversation (Democratic, :Fe: and :Si:) because everyone has equal opportunity to speak and express their feelings or thoughts :)Fe:, :Ti:).

For those of you who watch Running Man, the show is undoubtedly Alpha. The chemistry between members, the antics between members, the challenges they do, and even the way they enjoy themselves is very Alpha.

There was one episode where they played soccer, but because this is Running Man, the rules were a little twisted. The genius writers of Running Man decided that normal soccer rules were too boring, so to make things interesting, they rewrote the rules such that the goalposts would keep moving :)Ne: perception, :Ti: clarity) so as to create a funny spectacle for viewers and players to enjoy :)Fe:). In the midst of this spectacle, Running Man members love to cheat, and the producers don't do anything about them :)Se: devaluing) because a funny spectacle and atmosphere (as opposed to Beta's dramatic spectacle) is more important than rule abiding.

When all is said and done, the Running Man members are usually treated to a sumptuous feast :)Si:) to regain their energy after playing the tiring games that the writers make them play. After which, the writers usually have something up their sleeves, such as making the members compete against each other where the loser has to be pay for the feast or get punished by flogging or a slap on the forehead :)Ne:, :Ti:). The possibilities of punishment and rewards are endless, and there is always something new each episode.

But what about the members themselves? How do they interact with each other? Well, as mentioned above, there is a lot of interjecting and interrupting, usually to one-up each other to get the most entertainment value :)Fe:, :Ne:). If it is not a witty, left-field joke :)Ne:), they usually criticize what the member is wearing or looks like :)Si:). It is all done in jest, such when the other members call Gary and Yoo Jae Suk without his glasses ugly, and everyone, including themselves, laugh about it.

The show itself loves to emphasize facial expressions. When a member gets slapped for losing a challenge, the producers will replay the bit where the members get slapped in order to show the facial expression of the member. This is usually accompanied by a random, unnecessary comment :)Ne: :Fe:) by either the members or writers (in the form of a text over).

To summarize, Alpha is a quadra that values freedom of thought and emotion :)Ti:, :Fe:) in an atmosphere of comfort :)Si:) so that possibilities :)Ne:) can be explored or realized. Where the extroverts are loud, the introverts can be similar, but to a shorter degree.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I would have you pegged as either Alpha or Delta. I lean towards alpha quadra for you.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would have you pegged as either Alpha or Delta. I lean towards alpha quadra for you.

Thanks for your input. :) Based on Kierva's description of Alpha, I don't think that fits me, as I'm not one to debate at all, and I don't talk much at all either. :laugh: And forum style is definitely anti-fluff; I don't really do fluff -- or, extremely rarely. I can relate to enjoying more light-hearted bantery atmospheres irl, but that's not all that I do. Overall I'm not sure what he wrote above resonates. I'd have to look into it more though.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for your input. :) Based on Kierva's description of Alpha, I don't think that fits me, as I'm not one to debate at all, and I don't talk much at all either. :laugh: And forum style is definitely anti-fluff; I don't really do fluff -- or, extremely rarely. I can relate to enjoying more light-hearted bantery atmospheres irl, but that's not all that I do. Overall I'm not sure what he wrote above resonates. I'd have to look into it more though.

Well i thought you might be SEI as a possibility (IEE semi dual)... heres a modern description from WSS....(Theres also other types but we could start with this one)

Sensory Ethical Integrator (SEI) - Profile

1. Senses
SEIs are primarily disposed towards the enjoyment of their surroundings and satisfaction of sensory desires. Sensitive to their environment, SEIs are naturally attuned to the temperature, colour, smell, feel, etc. of the space they occupy and will endeavour to finely tune these qualities according to their tastes. They are most given to maintaining pleasant, relaxing atmospheres that satisfy their physical needs and tastes in harmony with the surroundings, while nurturing the blissful coexistence of others. An emphasis is often placed on aesthetic beauty, with colours and shapes being arranged in the right manner for people to enjoy. Similarly, SEIs are very conscious of the physical needs of their body, being able to pick up on when they are hungry or tired and finding the right thing to satisfy their needs. In this way, the SEI lifestyle is one that prioritises a sort of blissful and contented well being in the present day. Furthermore, SEIs are disposed to experiment and play with different sensations, refining stimuli down to those which are most pleasurable. In addition, they are usually very able to flatter their bodies with tasteful choices of clothing, although always the priority is comfort, with sloppier outfits also being donned for ease of wear. As such, SEIs may be peaceful hedonists, gourmands in food and drink or sculptors of attractive artwork, tweaking the cacophony of the world around them to create harmony in its place.

2. Emotions
Alongside physical harmony, SEIs also adapt and adjust themselves to the emotions of the people around them. In order to feel comfortable in their surroundings, SEIs need to keep the emotional environment positive and pleasant. As such, they are adept at keeping the peace between those around them and know how to subtly say the right thing to calm down heated tempers and raise people's spirits during an unhappy period. SEIs are often jolly and friendly in their dealings with others, knowing in the moment how to change how they are coming across to others with a disarming simplicity, putting people at ease and resulting in them being well liked by all. SEIs are often highly sociable and may have a close-knit circle of friends to have fun with, often socialising during recreational outings. Although rarely the leader of activity in such groups, they will very readily support a light-hearted bonhomie on the one-to-one, cheering up their friends with an earthy, often physical sense of humour and keeping them involved. When enjoying their recreation, SEIs most prefer to share their experiences with others, and gain more satisfaction knowing that the people around them are enjoying themselves too. By tapping into the emotions of others, the physical enjoyment is enhanced to create an overall atmosphere of happy contentedness.

3. Time
SEIs are usually capable of thinking ahead and imagining how things are likely to turn out in the future. Many SEIs will have a sense of where their life is meant to be going and are often able to take up reasonably linear careers with a steady, predictable outcome. SEIs will also have a reasonable sense of when something needs to be actively done and where leaving the matter alone will be sufficient. However, SEIs naturally prefer to focus on the present and their enjoyment of what is happening now around them, rather than what may or may not happen in the future. Similarly, they will be disinterested in relating their actions to some higher cause, preferring to savour experiences and activities for their own sake. This may manifest in a slowness to respond to urgency and a tendency to stick to a slower, more leisurely pace. SEIs may grow pessimistic having to maintain a lifestyle that seems to be heading in one direction and find they actually prefer a lifestyle of variety and multiple opportunities to explore. Furthermore, SEIs are most often unwilling to make any sacrifices of their comfort for some future goal or greater good. Sooner than suffering pain or an absence of their comfort, SEIs will likely forego more prudent actions that further down the line might prove to be important. This tendency can lead to problems with achieving long-term rewards, with SEIs making choices based on their ease in the moment and forgetting to look ahead to see if their choices might be fruitful later on. They will be less inclined to continuously assess their choices over time to see if they are working or not, usually persisting in the way that feels right to them until a major problem is hit further on. However, SEIs are less averse to reflecting on trends and looking ahead when it is directed to the motivations and emotions of people. On occasion they will be more likely to think about how people are likely to react to something, using these insights to avoid social conflicts.

4. Procedures
Although often dutiful workers, the comfort-seeking of SEIs can clash with demands to work hard and improve upon oneself. SEIs are disposed to finding a way of doing something that feels comfortable to them and can be highly resistant to people telling them they have to make changes in order to aid productivity. Any demand to constantly upgrade one's methods is quickly exhausting to the SEI, as it will usually require a mental strain to learn the new procedure and the extra effort to master the new technique. Instead, the SEI will often have a set idea of the things they are able to do and give up when the task seems beyond their immediate capability, preferring not to have to handle the difficult task while it is not sufficiently infringing on their enjoyment. They will respond negatively to being told they must improve or even what they must do to improve, much preferring being shown interesting, possible things they could do. SEIs prefer a consistent system which, due to its stability, can be fulfilled regularly and predictably without exhaustion. These sorts of approaches can often be criticised as 'lazy' by other types. In addition, the desire to avoid strain can undermine their attempts to remain comfortable, with SEIs sometimes not making the best decisions for their health due to the work and preparation involved, in favour of more immediate satisfactions. Furthermore, SEIs will usually disdain people who set themselves up as experts and presume to know what is best for them, especially in regards to their comfort and well-being. This can often result in stubbornness on the part of the SEI and the attitude that their personal experience trumps statistical studies and academic expertise, which might frustrate doctors. When under sufficient pressure, an SEI may increase their productivity to get an important job done, putting their comfort needs on hold for the shortest time possible. However, such approaches are often too late, resulting in deadlines often being missed.

5. Ideas
The disposition of SEIs towards the things they find enjoyable and pleasurable in the moment can lead to a settling effect, with them often finding a certain comfort zone to stick to. Consequently, SEIs can often find themselves living a monotonous existence, exploring the same comforts again and again with the same people in the same places. As such, SEIs greatly appreciate the excitement and novelty brought about by others and look forward to entertaining notions and different perspectives they themselves had not thought of. SEIs love being exposed to new ideas and perspectives, excitedly growing in enthusiasm when presented with a clever analogy or theory that brings lots of different scenarios together in a beautiful, neat explanation. As such, SEIs are often quite intellectually curious, wanting to explore more of life's complexity and decipher its mysterious ambiguity, but often lacking the confidence in their ideas and their logical impressiveness to embrace such pursuits on their own. Furthermore, SEIs are limited in their assessments of themselves, often only knowing what they have done and are used to doing but rarely having confidence in speculating as to what they could do in an unfamiliar situation. Often SEIs will not see themselves as having any special qualities and present themselves as average or less. For this reason, they are very appreciative of people who can get a good, general grasp of their capabilities and vocalise to them the things they might do wonderfully but had never thought to try. Such people are able to widen the scope of possibility for the SEI and allow them a greater range of experiences to savour and share with others.

6. Laws
SEIs tend to find great symmetrical beauty in consistent structures of understanding, and may be drawn to the neatness of such systems in their daily lives. To best lead a relaxing lifestyle, SEIs take pride in the construction of, or adherence to, orderly schedules that provide continuity and organisation in a well-balanced routine. SEIs like to demonstrate their reliability and competence in terms of their ability to take note of the rules of a system and follow through meticulously. However, these tendencies towards routine organisation are less aspired to by SEIs than the intellectual understanding of unusual phenomena and abstract concepts that such systems provide. SEIs enjoy showing that they understand complex theoretical phenomena according to a set framework and any creation of theirs, whether mathematical, legal or artistic, will provide a great feeling of accomplishment if complimented by others. However, SEIs may be overly reliant on such systems and, when some flaw is encountered, may be resistant to thinking up pragmatic changes outside the rules. Not only is such a pragmatic change strenuous to them, but it also disrupts the beauty of the system as an unsightly exception. As such, SEIs may trap themselves in a set approach when faced with the more complex outcomes of practical life.

7. Force
The harmony created by SEIs depends on an absence of coercion or intense forcefulness and they will largely try to dissipate aggression that breaches this calm. SEIs naturally come across as soft and welcoming in their interactions with others and avoid aggressive interactions unless in good humour, often to the point of trying to keep light-hearted peace in an emergency situation where forcefulness might be needed. However, SEIs are more than capable of defending themselves and, when pushed into a situation where they are unavoidably uncomfortable, will fight back with unexpected and explosive ferocity. Such scenarios of force, as well as other situations where the SEI is required to increase their activity and productive output, occur in the form of short bursts to minimise physical and mental toil, with other needs being temporarily put to the side. However, the need for comfort and enjoyment has to be fulfilled eventually and sustained activity will tire SEIs. Additionally, SEIs are slow to anger and have far more skilful ways of dealing with attacks from others. Although usually able to mediate between warring parties, an affront to their person is handled more simplistically. Their affable stubbornness causes most attempts at coercion to simply bounce off, often to the frustration of the attacker. Similarly, they may respond to pressure by ignoring it, continuing unfazed in what they are doing. Despite this, SEIs are often more emotionally sensitive, caring about what others think of them. Although hard to coerce or push, they may have their feelings hurt by words where actions will fail.

8. Relations
The social nature of SEIs manifests most on the one-to-one, with them being able to quickly befriend people with a laid-back and disarming charm. SEIs are in their element in non-pressurised situations where people can interact freely with each other. They have a good sense of who they enjoy the company of and who they do not, and will subtly bring together those people they think contribute the most to a fun and interesting environment. However, SEIs refrain from making any personal judgements of others clear, not placing an emphasis on the qualities of the person, but rather their effect on the physical and emotional atmosphere. SEIs are usually very tolerant of people around them as long as they are not killing the mood or making the environment tense. Similarly, they are less likely to place much expectation or obligation on those they happen to be close to, despite regularly maintaining contact with those who increase enjoyment. Instead, SEIs approach relationships in terms of having quality time with other people in the moment, creating enjoyable and pleasurable experiences with others and selecting the right people to have these experiences with.

Some famous people we think are SEIs - Alexandre Dumas, Audrey Hepburn, Chester A. Arthur, Martha Washington, George Lucas, 14th Dalai Lama, James Corden, Alfred Hitchcock, Nikita Khruschev, Antoni Gaudí, George R. R. Martin, Cilla Black, James Earl Jones, Adele, Alan Carr, Danny DeVito, Olivia Colman, Mel Brooks, Alyson Hannigan, Adam Sandler and Björk.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION] [MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION] or anyone who knows about socionics

What exactly are the quadras? Like are they just values that types with the same stacking (I know they have all the functions, but by "stacking" I mean the valued functions)? Idk.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION] [MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION] or anyone who knows about socionics

What exactly are the quadras? Like are they just values that types with the same stacking (I know they have all the functions, but by "stacking" I mean the valued functions)? Idk.

Correct.

Alpha: :Fe:+:Si:, :Ne:+:Ti:
Beta: :Fe:+:Ni:, :Se:+:Ti:
Gamma: :Te:+:Ni:, :Se:+:Fi:
Delta: :Te:+:Si:, :Ne:+:Fi:

Whatever I listed are their valued functions.

Delta Quadra description coming soonâ„¢.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Theres also this...

Alphas are Merry and Judicious.
Betas are Merry and Decisive.
Gammas are Serious and Decisive.
Deltas are Serious and Judicious.

What does it mean to be Merry?
Merry types value Emotions (E) and Laws (L).
The valuing of E makes these types appreciative of the mood or emotional atmosphere of the people surrounding them. Emphasis is placed on the sharing and showing of emotion and how those emotions affect the mood of others, with priorities given to emotions that raise and uplift how people are feeling or unite them and bring them together. How one feels personally is of lesser importance, with individuals only choosing to express what affects the mood in a way they think is conducive to group unity.
The valuing of L makes these types appreciative of clear rules, principles and ideologies by which one lives one's life. Having a clear code is important to them as it delineates correct and incorrect actions and structures one's understanding fairly, consistently and impartially. Furthermore it demands a consistency of the individual in not changing their tune to suit the situation. Such types are quick to call out double standards and hypocrisy, demanding consistency in the actions of others.
Valuing E and L together creates a collectivism in Merry types. While E serves to bring people together under a common, uplifting mood, L creates a consistent ideology that all people in this collective can share and sets criteria for group belonging. These types tend to identify themselves by their feeling of belonging to these groups and subscription to the ideologies these groups follow. They tend to try to include more people in their group, but can distance from themselves from those who have ideologies that contradict with theirs.
What does it mean to be Serious?
Serious types value Procedures (P) and Relationships (R).
The valuing of P makes these types appreciative of the working productivity of the events surrounding them. Emphasis is placed on how things are being done and whether they can be improved to function more effectively. These types usually attempt to inform and educate themselves and others, delivering the facts without spin or affectation to make sure people are best equipped to perform tasks to the high standards. Regularly they will focus on the efficacy of why they are doing things, avoiding wastes of time and effort.
The valuing of R makes these types appreciative of the quality and stability of their personal relations with others, trying to judge and assess the inner qualities of a person to see if they are good to be friends with. Such people will attempt to maintain a certain distance between themselves and the other until then. Once deciding on the friendship, these types will prioritize their loyalties to that person, defending them over others when they are in need and emphasizing integrity in these relationships.
Valuing P and R together creates an individualism in Serious types. While R selects the good friends from mere acquaintances, P allows a mix of different points of view and provisions of information that, although inconsistent, can be helpful to the person. As such, instead of groups, Serious types manifest webs of trusted contacts who are valued for the helpful information they contribute, associating with friends and relations in the manner that best suits their needs.
What does it mean to be Judicious?
Judicious types value Ideas (I) and Senses (S)
The valuing of I makes these types appreciative of the unusual and interesting. These types try to broaden their horizons, trying a variety of different experiences and speculating about different possible scenarios. To them, the blatantly obvious is too straightforward to be interesting. Instead, there are always alternatives, other possibilities that should be explored or tried out to see if they have something new to offer. As such, these types like to view the world with wonder and fascination, looking to see where their curiosity will next take them.
The valuing of S makes these types appreciative of comfort and quality of experience. These types want life to run smoothly and enjoyably, placing emphasis on the harmony of the here and now. Decisions are made in regards to what is pleasurable or painless in the moment and lifestyles are usually centered around deriving quality of life and satisfaction from the things one currently has, rather than striving or fighting to get more things. When changes are made, they are to improve the quality of one's current existence.
Valuing I and S together creates a contentedness in Judicious types with their present situation. While I explores the many possibilities the world has to offer, S brings them together into our enjoyment of the present and the quality of life we are living now. As such, the actions of these types are centered around one's lifestyle and the appreciation of that lifestyle in a way that is both enriching and sustaining.
What does it mean to be Decisive?
Decisive types value Force (F) and Time (T).
The valuing of F makes these types appreciative of what is straightforward and blunt. Rather than speculate, these types prefer to tackle issues head on, going straight at it and prevailing through the exercise of their will. Such an approach is accompanied by a desire to establish control and dominance of the situation, forcing the environment to bend, rather than operate unpredictably. Frequently, these types emphasize the audacity and resilience needed to confront reality and make it as you want it.

The valuing of T makes these types appreciative of some higher purpose or meaning to life that outlasts comfort in the present. As such, these types detach from the mundane to think deeply about where life is heading or building up to, tracking their probable life path and trying to avoid distractions that can cause them to deviate from this path. An emphasis is placed on that which is meaningful and profound in the long term, with these types cutting out the daily luxuries in favor of what will lead to the expected outcome.
Valuing F and T together creates a dissatisfaction in Decisive types with their present situation. While F demands the action to confront reality and make it suit one's ambitions, T provides a sense of purpose or preferred outcome to these confrontations. As such, these types pursue long-reaching outcomes and can reject the softer luxuries and distractions of mundane living. Instead they advocate tough dedication in seeing things to the end.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Theres also this...

Alphas are Merry and Judicious.
Betas are Merry and Decisive.
Gammas are Serious and Decisive.
Deltas are Serious and Judicious.

What does it mean to be Merry?
Merry types value Emotions (E) and Laws (L).
The valuing of E makes these types appreciative of the mood or emotional atmosphere of the people surrounding them. Emphasis is placed on the sharing and showing of emotion and how those emotions affect the mood of others, with priorities given to emotions that raise and uplift how people are feeling or unite them and bring them together. How one feels personally is of lesser importance, with individuals only choosing to express what affects the mood in a way they think is conducive to group unity.
The valuing of L makes these types appreciative of clear rules, principles and ideologies by which one lives one's life. Having a clear code is important to them as it delineates correct and incorrect actions and structures one's understanding fairly, consistently and impartially. Furthermore it demands a consistency of the individual in not changing their tune to suit the situation. Such types are quick to call out double standards and hypocrisy, demanding consistency in the actions of others.
Valuing E and L together creates a collectivism in Merry types. While E serves to bring people together under a common, uplifting mood, L creates a consistent ideology that all people in this collective can share and sets criteria for group belonging. These types tend to identify themselves by their feeling of belonging to these groups and subscription to the ideologies these groups follow. They tend to try to include more people in their group, but can distance from themselves from those who have ideologies that contradict with theirs.
What does it mean to be Serious?
Serious types value Procedures (P) and Relationships (R).
The valuing of P makes these types appreciative of the working productivity of the events surrounding them. Emphasis is placed on how things are being done and whether they can be improved to function more effectively. These types usually attempt to inform and educate themselves and others, delivering the facts without spin or affectation to make sure people are best equipped to perform tasks to the high standards. Regularly they will focus on the efficacy of why they are doing things, avoiding wastes of time and effort.
The valuing of R makes these types appreciative of the quality and stability of their personal relations with others, trying to judge and assess the inner qualities of a person to see if they are good to be friends with. Such people will attempt to maintain a certain distance between themselves and the other until then. Once deciding on the friendship, these types will prioritize their loyalties to that person, defending them over others when they are in need and emphasizing integrity in these relationships.
Valuing P and R together creates an individualism in Serious types. While R selects the good friends from mere acquaintances, P allows a mix of different points of view and provisions of information that, although inconsistent, can be helpful to the person. As such, instead of groups, Serious types manifest webs of trusted contacts who are valued for the helpful information they contribute, associating with friends and relations in the manner that best suits their needs.
What does it mean to be Judicious?
Judicious types value Ideas (I) and Senses (S)
The valuing of I makes these types appreciative of the unusual and interesting. These types try to broaden their horizons, trying a variety of different experiences and speculating about different possible scenarios. To them, the blatantly obvious is too straightforward to be interesting. Instead, there are always alternatives, other possibilities that should be explored or tried out to see if they have something new to offer. As such, these types like to view the world with wonder and fascination, looking to see where their curiosity will next take them.
The valuing of S makes these types appreciative of comfort and quality of experience. These types want life to run smoothly and enjoyably, placing emphasis on the harmony of the here and now. Decisions are made in regards to what is pleasurable or painless in the moment and lifestyles are usually centered around deriving quality of life and satisfaction from the things one currently has, rather than striving or fighting to get more things. When changes are made, they are to improve the quality of one's current existence.
Valuing I and S together creates a contentedness in Judicious types with their present situation. While I explores the many possibilities the world has to offer, S brings them together into our enjoyment of the present and the quality of life we are living now. As such, the actions of these types are centered around one's lifestyle and the appreciation of that lifestyle in a way that is both enriching and sustaining.
What does it mean to be Decisive?
Decisive types value Force (F) and Time (T).
The valuing of F makes these types appreciative of what is straightforward and blunt. Rather than speculate, these types prefer to tackle issues head on, going straight at it and prevailing through the exercise of their will. Such an approach is accompanied by a desire to establish control and dominance of the situation, forcing the environment to bend, rather than operate unpredictably. Frequently, these types emphasize the audacity and resilience needed to confront reality and make it as you want it.

The valuing of T makes these types appreciative of some higher purpose or meaning to life that outlasts comfort in the present. As such, these types detach from the mundane to think deeply about where life is heading or building up to, tracking their probable life path and trying to avoid distractions that can cause them to deviate from this path. An emphasis is placed on that which is meaningful and profound in the long term, with these types cutting out the daily luxuries in favor of what will lead to the expected outcome.
Valuing F and T together creates a dissatisfaction in Decisive types with their present situation. While F demands the action to confront reality and make it suit one's ambitions, T provides a sense of purpose or preferred outcome to these confrontations. As such, these types pursue long-reaching outcomes and can reject the softer luxuries and distractions of mundane living. Instead they advocate tough dedication in seeing things to the end.

Source?