• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quadra behavior

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

World Socionics Society
Gotcha. Information is mostly correct, just that I don't agree with :Te: being named "Procedures". I prefer it being called "Efficiency", since procedures imply the process trait, which I feel excludes LIEs (since they are results oriented)

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good job on those descriptions of the quadras. The gamma one particularly hit home for me.

Gotcha. Information is mostly correct, just that I don't agree with :Te: being named "Procedures". I prefer it being called "Efficiency", since procedures imply the process trait, which I feel excludes LIEs (since they are results oriented)

I personally relate to Te being "procedures" or the "process". Yes, efficiency is what it judges, thats the outcome of the function, but thats not how it is experienced. I'm aware of processes; when I write for example, I see it as writing my thought processes, not pinning down static thoughts. When I read, its like following a process, the other person's thought process. So I would say Te as being aware of "procedures" is pretty accurate, for me at least. The Reinin dichotomy Process vs Result means something else imo.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Please refer to this post:

Kierva said:
[MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION] [MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION] or anyone who knows about socionics

What exactly are the quadras? Like are they just values that types with the same stacking (I know they have all the functions, but by "stacking" I mean the valued functions)? Idk.

Correct.

Alpha: :Fe:+:Si:, :Ne:+:Ti:
Beta: :Fe:+:Ni:, :Se:+:Ti:
Gamma: :Te:+:Ni:, :Se:+:Fi:
Delta: :Te:+:Si:, :Ne:+:Fi:

Whatever I listed are their valued functions.

Delta Quadra description coming soonâ„¢.

I'm on vacation right now. You'll have to wait until I have the time, or when I'm done vacationing.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yah, i think there will always be difficulties with terminology, there was a lot of input on those type descriptions and there is continual discussion & study for people who want to share their ideas on it.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can someone explain to me in simple terms how each quadra is like? You know, like behavior, expression, vibe, etc. Just basic information about what makes each quadra itself. For instance--somebody told me that Deltas are unlikely to express their feelings much, Betas are dramatic, etc. I'd like to know more.

Whenever I think of Delta, I think of Martha Stewart. There's always that comfortable atmosphere, where she talks to you in this soft (albeit somewhat monotone) voice, teaching or instructing you while she cooks or bakes something for you. You get this impression that she's subdued, but she's always trying her hardest to make her guests feel comfortable, so that learning or even talking, can happen.

That is the essence of Delta. Where Alpha creates, Beta uprises. Then Gamma constructs, and then Delta sows. How does it sow? By creating a comfortable or conducive atmosphere :)Si:), where methods or learning can be created, optimized and passed on :)Te:), so that potential for growth :)Ne:) may occur in the persons involved :)Fi:).

Like Gamma, groups tend to be small, no more than 5 per gathering. Topics discussed to be rather "homely", where members discuss how best to make day-to-day life easier in terms of efficiency :)Te:, what is the best route to get to work, how to organize day to day workflow, setting up schedules for household chores) or comfort :)Si:, discussing aesthetics of home or fashion, how some foods may or may not be healthy for you). On the flip side of the coin, members may also discuss potential :)Ne:) relationships :)Fi:) [evaluating a person, discussing what this person would be like as a partner], personal growth [what are the possible paths :)Ne:) that a person could take based on their personal qualities :)Fi:)(dun dun dun does this sound familiar to you? hint: it's what this forum is all about)], or on a bigger scale, how humanity or whatever cause :)Fi:) could turn out :)Ne:).

I was visiting my father's friend for Eid-al-Fitr/Aidilfitri, and when I arrived, there were more than 30 people in a large, cozy house, enjoying food and drink :)Si:). People were split into small groups of three, with each age group mixing with theirs (Aristocratic). Unsurprisingly, the older people stuck to more practical topics such as job prospects :)Te:, :Ne:), home improvement :)Te:, :Si:), food :)Si:), while the younger crowd talked about who's cute, what they're like as a person:)Fi:), what it could be like to be in a relationship with them :)Ne:, :Fi:), possible ways to approach the person :)Ne:) they're trying to have a relationship with :)Fi:), and sharing sentiments or personal problems :)Fi:) and how best to solve them :)Ne:, :Te:).

To summarize, Delta is a quadra that values a comfortable or conducive atmosphere :)Si:), where methods or learning can be created, optimized and passed on :)Te:), so that potential for growth :)Ne:) may occur in the persons involved :)Fi:). The extroverts can seem introverted due to the non-socialness of the functions, however they remain extroverts because their fixation on the object itself, instead of the fields between them.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I think I am Beta > Gamma > Alpha > Delta

Um, I think during different phases of my life the last three will switch around often.

Right now Delta sounds high on my list simply because of the amount of extreme comfort people have near me as of recent. But who knows that may change. :wink:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I think I am Beta > Gamma > Alpha > Delta

Um, I think during different phases of my life the last three will switch around often.

Right now Delta sounds high on my list simply because of the amount of extreme comfort people have near me as of recent. But who knows that may change. :wink:

What do you mean by the bolded?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you mean by the bolded?

My order of preference will change. Beta will stay #1 the others may switch order of preference. Example:

One day: Beta > Delta > Gamma > Alpha

Another day: Beta > Alpha > Gamma > Delta

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My order of preference will change. Beta will stay #1 the others may switch order of preference. Example:

One day: Beta > Delta > Gamma > Alpha

Another day: Beta > Alpha > Gamma > Delta

Interesting. It hadn't occurred to me that that can be possible. What brings about these changes in preference?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. It hadn't occurred to me that that can be possible. What brings about these changes in preference?

Maybe not. Just my overidentification. Kind of like I sometimes still think I am a 9 because of how easily I could imagine that in any given day or feeling I could just be any of the other 8 types.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe not. Just my overidentification. Kind of like I sometimes still think I am a 9 because of how easily I could imagine that in any given day or feeling I could just be any of the other 8 types.

It is an interesting possibility.

For myself, in terms of getting along, Gamma > Delta/Beta > Alpha

Delta NFs can irritate me if they're not smart. Especially IEEs. There are some on this forum that I like, and some that I detest. The ones that are immature are the ones I detest. The mature ones I get along with splendidly.

Beta STs irritate me as well. There's something about their ham-fisted brashness that I don't like, and it's so counter intuitive as to what their goal is. You don't get someone to do something for you by forcing them outright. You butter them up, make them spread themselves too thin, THEN you make your request. It has a higher success rate, IME.

But Alpha NTs just take the cake. With their endless circular logic and "witticisms" they're just so annoying to deal with. Especially the ones that look for a fight with you over nothing. It's really aggravating, and you can't really use personal insults in a setting like this. I'm always on the losing end when it comes to this.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whenever I think of Delta, I think of Martha Stewart. There's always that comfortable atmosphere, where she talks to you in this soft (albeit somewhat monotone) voice, teaching or instructing you while she cooks or bakes something for you. You get this impression that she's subdued, but she's always trying her hardest to make her guests feel comfortable, so that learning or even talking, can happen.

That is the essence of Delta. Where Alpha creates, Beta uprises. Then Gamma constructs, and then Delta sows. How does it sow? By creating a comfortable or conducive atmosphere :)Si:), where methods or learning can be created, optimized and passed on :)Te:), so that potential for growth :)Ne:) may occur in the persons involved :)Fi:).

Like Gamma, groups tend to be small, no more than 5 per gathering. Topics discussed to be rather "homely", where members discuss how best to make day-to-day life easier in terms of efficiency :)Te:, what is the best route to get to work, how to organize day to day workflow, setting up schedules for household chores) or comfort :)Si:, discussing aesthetics of home or fashion, how some foods may or may not be healthy for you). On the flip side of the coin, members may also discuss potential :)Ne:) relationships :)Fi:) [evaluating a person, discussing what this person would be like as a partner], personal growth [what are the possible paths :)Ne:) that a person could take based on their personal qualities :)Fi:)(dun dun dun does this sound familiar to you? hint: it's what this forum is all about)], or on a bigger scale, how humanity or whatever cause :)Fi:) could turn out :)Ne:).

I was visiting my father's friend for Eid-al-Fitr/Aidilfitri, and when I arrived, there were more than 30 people in a large, cozy house, enjoying food and drink :)Si:). People were split into small groups of three, with each age group mixing with theirs (Aristocratic). Unsurprisingly, the older people stuck to more practical topics such as job prospects :)Te:, :Ne:), home improvement :)Te:, :Si:), food :)Si:), while the younger crowd talked about who's cute, what they're like as a person:)Fi:), what it could be like to be in a relationship with them :)Ne:, :Fi:), possible ways to approach the person :)Ne:) they're trying to have a relationship with :)Fi:), and sharing sentiments or personal problems :)Fi:) and how best to solve them :)Ne:, :Te:).

To summarize, Delta is a quadra that values a comfortable or conducive atmosphere :)Si:), where methods or learning can be created, optimized and passed on :)Te:), so that potential for growth :)Ne:) may occur in the persons involved :)Fi:). The extroverts can seem introverted due to the non-socialness of the functions, however they remain extroverts because their fixation on the object itself, instead of the fields between them.

This sounds more like alpha...hmmmmm

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This sounds more like alpha...hmmmmm

If you think you have a better Delta description, do write it down. It will be nice to see the parts that I might have missed out.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is an interesting possibility.

For myself, in terms of getting along, Gamma > Delta/Beta > Alpha

Delta NFs can irritate me if they're not smart. Especially IEEs. There are some on this forum that I like, and some that I detest. The ones that are immature are the ones I detest. The mature ones I get along with splendidly.

Beta STs irritate me as well. There's something about their ham-fisted brashness that I don't like, and it's so counter intuitive as to what their goal is. You don't get someone to do something for you by forcing them outright. You butter them up, make them spread themselves too thin, THEN you make your request. It has a higher success rate, IME.

But Alpha NTs just take the cake. With their endless circular logic and "witticisms" they're just so annoying to deal with. Especially the ones that look for a fight with you over nothing. It's really aggravating, and you can't really use personal insults in a setting like this. I'm always on the losing end when it comes to this.

I think there are quadra relationships, if we are going by shared values the following makes sense...

Going by the WSS quadra dichotomy of merry/serious & decisive/judicious each quadra will get along with their quadra kin best then it will primarily depend on their first shared variant followed by second.

E.g Delta is serious and judicious and will (generally) get along better with Gamma (serious and decisive)>Alpha (merry & judicious)>Beta (merry & decisive)

So

Alpha is Alpha>Beta>Delta>Gamma

Delta is Delta>Gamma>Alpha>Beta

Gamma is Gamma>Delta>Beta>Alpha

Beta is Beta>Alpha>Gamma>Delta

Think I have that correct...

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think there are quadra relationships, if we are going by shared values the following makes sense...

Going by the WSS quadra dichotomy of merry/serious & decisive/judicious each quadra will get along with their quadra kin best then it will primarily depend on their first shared variant followed by second.

E.g Delta is serious and judicious and will (generally) get along better with Gamma (serious and decisive)>Alpha (merry & judicious)>Beta (merry & decisive)

So

Alpha is Alpha>Beta>Delta>Gamma

Delta is Delta>Gamma>Alpha>Beta

Gamma is Gamma>Delta>Beta>Alpha

Beta is Beta>Alpha>Gamma>Delta

Think I have that correct...

Any reason why is that?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any reason why is that?

Think about it... the thing in common with merry types is that they have Fe in a valued position. Serious types all have Fi in a valued position. (going by model A). Honestly I am not taking this info from anywhere so I don't have a link, I am suggesting as it makes sense to me.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Think about it... the thing in common with merry types is that they have Fe in a valued position. Serious types all have Fi in a valued position. (going by model A). Honestly I am not taking this info from anywhere so I don't have a link, I am suggesting as it makes sense to me.

I was thinking about it on the flipside, surely you need to be able to see things the same way to find common ground before deciding on something.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking about it on the flipside, surely you need to be able to see things the same way to find common ground before deciding on something.

I don't follow.