• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

No type fits me ! Help me find my type !

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen a lot of these 'no types fit' thread. And I think, for the most part, the problem isn't with the types but with either a person's diffuse sense of identity or an undeveloped, undifferentiated personality in which no group of traits stand out primarily.

These people tend to be INFPs, meaning that they do have an identity but they can't decide or determine what it is for themselves.

By analogy, I know this guy who is searching for a religion in order to help find an identity for himself. Over the past few years he has gone from Catholic to Wiccan to Islam. This is because in order to find an external identity such as a religion one must first have an internal identity. An external identity can help you harden the identity you already have inside; but sometimes there is just nothing substantial there and so searching outside oneself won't help.

People (not necessarily just INFPs but any people) do different things with this lack of identity. Instead of seeking one, they may simply use it to develop a talent for chameleonism in which external personality refashions itself according to circumstances. It could show itself in something as innocuous as walking up to a group having a conversation, finding out immediately what the topic of conversation is simply by listening in, and then joining in as smoothly as silk no matter the topic. Or it can, in a less innocuous sense, have a sociopathic or psychopathic manifestation, as with a serial killer who joins the search for the missing person he killed in an attempt to off-set suspicion.

Instead of becoming chameleons, people who don't have a strong sense of identity and who are seeking one tend to feel chronically empty inside (they may call it boredom or depression). At least they understand that the problem is internal.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've seen a lot of these 'no types fit' thread. And I think, for the most part, the problem isn't with the types but with either a person's diffuse sense of identity or an undeveloped, undifferentiated personality in which no group of traits stand out primarily.

These people tend to be INFPs, meaning that they do have an identity but they can't decide or determine what it is for themselves.

By analogy, I know this guy who is searching for a religion in order to help find an identity for himself. Over the past few years he has gone from Catholic to Wiccan to Islam. This is because in order to find an external identity such as a religion one must first have an internal identity. An external identity can help you harden the identity you already have inside; but sometimes there is just nothing substantial there and so searching outside oneself won't help.

People (not necessarily just INFPs but any people) do different things with this lack of identity. Instead of seeking one, they may simply use it to develop a talent for chameleonism in which external personality refashions itself according to circumstances. It could show itself in something as innocuous as walking up to a group having a conversation, finding out immediately what the topic of conversation is simply by listening in, and then joining in as smoothly as silk no matter the topic. Or it can, in a less innocuous sense, have a sociopathic or psychopathic manifestation, as with a serial killer who joins the search for the missing person he killed in an attempt to off-set suspicion.

Instead of becoming chameleons, people who don't have a strong sense of identity and who are seeking one tend to feel chronically empty inside (they may call it boredom or depression). At least they understand that the problem is internal.

not bad ! except for the shootout: 'these types tend to be infp' that was bad and not wise :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not bad ! except for the shootout: 'these types tend to be infp' that was bad and not wise :)

Is it wrong to point out that most "no type fits me" threads are started by INFPs? And secondarily ENFPs, I should add.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Is it wrong to point out that most "no type fits me" threads are started by INFPs? And secondarily ENFPs, I should add.

"to-answer-the-question-meant-counter-question": what does it give you to do so ?

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That test was really painful the questions were so forced and didnt give any justice to the real definitions of the functions, however my results were : Si 16% Ti 20% Fi 24% Se 25% Te 37% Ne 66% Fe 70% Ni 75%

That's INTJ Ni Te Fi Se.

If I can help, as a fellow INTJ, let me know... :D

Danali

MBTI Type
?

Interesting, I would think that Fi base individuals would be quite good at forming an identity because they're consciously able judge and decide what they like and dislike and build up their own value system, however I would think fe has a harder time finding their Identity because they ignore and mock fi

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting, I would think that Fi base individuals would be quite good at forming an identity because they're consciously able judge and decide what they like and dislike and build up their own value system, however I would think fe has a harder time finding their Identity because they ignore and mock fi

I'm not saying that Fi-dominant individuals have identity problems. I'm saying that people who post "no types fit me" threads tend to be INFPs, and sometimes ENFPs.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well if the test says ENFJ, perhaps the OP is 1w2 or am I mistaking that for 4w3?