• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beta vs. Delta

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone compare these 2 quadras for me, because the more I read the more conflicting information I've come across.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've read these, but I also read many other articles that say something else.

From what I've gathered (and what I can glean firsthand from being Gamma), these articles are on the money. I'd prioritise these over others, due to comprehensiveness and their willingness to go beneath the surface.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read about delta from other sources and information I gathered are, that it's the most down to earth quadra of all of them, it's a quadra of maturity and common sense. Deltas value hard work and making things functioning and effective is important to them. It's a quadra of resources, it's important to them to make sure they have all the resources needed to ensure comfort and health. Deltas also don't really care how they fit or don't fit in a society or a group, because they care about ensouring their own comfort and self development. Personal growth is one of the top priorities and therefor deltas dislike to function too much in group and rather do things for the sake of the self. Yet they value harmony with other people to ensure harmony for their own self and to make sure they live in peace. - The complex of clipped wings is extremely idealistic and sound almost nothing like this. [MENTION=22926]boomslang[/MENTION] would you say it's accurate?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a quadra of resources, it's important to them to make sure they have all the resources needed to ensure comfort and health. Deltas also don't really care how they fit or don't fit in a society or a group, because they care about ensouring their own comfort and self development. Personal growth is one of the top priorities and therefor deltas dislike to function too much in group and rather do things for the sake of the self.

These are conflicting quadras, therefore in a sense they would be the easiest to tell apart. Perhaps study the IEs rather than reading quadra descriptions if you haven't already.

Both Beta and Delta quadra share the Aristocratic trait based on the reinin characteristics:

Aristocrats
Inclined to perceive and define themselves, and others, through groups they belong to; however, such groups are perceived and defined by the Aristocrats themselves, not necessarily accepting those groupings as defined by others or by social conventions.
Their initial attitude to another person is influenced by their attitude to the group they see the person as belonging to.
Tend to attribute common qualities to members of their circles of contacts, and define such circles by those same qualities.
Inclined to use expressions that generalize group features.
Example: feeling energized by identification with a group, as in a team within a company, sports team, and the like; and seeing others foremost through the prism of the other teams they belong to.

Democrats
Perceive and define themselves, and others, primarily through individual/personal qualities: interesting, pleasant, unpleasant, good-looking, etc, not in connection to any group they may belong to.
Form their relationships/attitudes toward other persons based on the latter's own individual characteristics, not with base on their relationships to groups of any kind, nor on their relationships to representatives of such groups.
Not inclined to perceive their acquaintances as representatives of a certain "circle of contacts" that supposedly possesses qualities inherent to people of that circle.
Not inclined to use expressions that generalize group features.
Example: an individual building up his circle of personal connections, within an organization, that totally bypassses or ignores the organization's formal structure, but not with that circle being perceived as any kind of group or unit by any of the persons involved.

For more information you might be interested in this thread: Aristocrats vs Democrats.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
These are conflicting quadras, therefore in a sense they would be the easiest to tell apart. Perhaps study the IEs rather than reading quadra descriptions if you haven't already.

Both Beta and Delta quadra share the Aristocratic trait based on the reinin characteristics:

For more information you might be interested in this thread: Aristocrats vs Democrats.

I am absolutely sure I am an aristocrat...I've never doubted that

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I've gathered (and what I can glean firsthand from being Gamma), these articles are on the money. I'd prioritise these over others, due to comprehensiveness and their willingness to go beneath the surface.

I'd concur. I have found these essays quite enlightening. That said, the judicious (Alpha and Delta) / decisive (Beta and Gamma) Reinin dichotomy can be useful in distinguishing a Beta from a Delta. The judicious types are, generally, in a natural state of relaxation but can really feel stress, and you can see it. When under stress, the judicious types really feel it, and the extra cortisol produced by this stress shows on them (often in the form of fat accumulation in the gut area--even among women). The decisive types, by contrast, are, generally, in a state of readiness and constant stress, but they can really feel relaxation (which they desperately need and actively seek).

Socionics - the16types.info - Reinin Dichotomies: Research Results