• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Kindred better for Rationals than Irrationals, due to shared Rational functions?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
First off:

Rational = Dominant Judger - base function is a judging (rational) function

Irrational = Dominant Perceiver - base function is a perceiving (irrational) function​

I would imagine that e.g. LxI Kindreds (LSI and LII) would have an easier time of general communication, working together (in a coworker/work sense), generally getting along well. Compared to e.g. SxI Kindreds (SEI and SLI).

I say this because the Rational Kindred pairs share Rational functions. While the Irrational Kindred pairs do not share Rational functions. I have found that shared Rational functions are more important for communication than shared Irrational functions. - What have you found?

Maybe it is because I am a Fi subtype. But I have more clashes with SLEs, especially SLE-Ti's. I think for example ESI and EII would have fewer Kindred clashes.

Obviously, in both the Rational and Irrational cases, the creative is the other's PoLR. But that is just by definition of Kindred anyway.

What do you think and what are your experiences of the Kindred relation? Are you Rational or Irrational?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am an irrational. And oh man. I love them SLI types :wubbie:

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I am an irrational. And oh man. I love them SLI types :wubbie:

Interesting... Do you type as SEI-Si? (Going off memory here - I see you don't have your Sociotype listed)

It stands to reason that SEI-Si would get along better with SLIs, while SEI-Fe would get along better with IEIs.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting... Do you type as SEI-Si? (Going off memory here - I see you don't have your Sociotype listed)

It stands to reason that SEI-Si would get along better with SLIs, while SEI-Fe would get along better with IEIs.

Yes that's what I type as :D although I've also been told that my questionnaires sound rather delta and Te valuing. Maybe because I hang around too many SLIs

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have no isssues with irrationals. To each their own. Now, this is as long as tbey dont force their ways onto me on things that matter to me. My SO is an irrationl. We are good

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I have no isssues with irrationals. To each their own. Now, this is as long as tbey dont force their ways onto me on things that matter to me. My SO is an irrationl. We are good

Please explain how this is at all relevant to the thread.

Alternatively, since you type as ISTp, do you get along better with ISFps or INTps?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Please explain how this is at all relevant to the thread.

Alternatively, since you type as ISTp, do you get along better with ISFps or INTps?

Generally i get along with Fs better irregardless of other letters. I enjoy the stark difference between myself and F types. I get along with infp better then isfp generally. I like the contrast as well. I have a thing for different, unknown, etc.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it might be better for irrationals, tbh.

So, I am socionics ISFj (mbti isfp) and my kindred is socionics INFj (often mbti infp). I have been close to two ELL's (for a decent amount of time) one whom, I lived with for about 6 months.. the other a co-worker, that quickly developed into an closer, out of work friendship, that I've stayed in contact with for more than 10 years.

The perceptual differences are notable, really. Se/Ni versus Ne/si.
Ime, there is little pull or psychological activation between us.

It is comforting, at times, to recognize what we both have high conscious access to (fi) and what we suck at (te) but it doesn't actually help us in any more external, worldly application. It's as though we can rarely help each other in 'doing' anything, and while we can easily identify (and possibly appreciate) each others mature access to fi, and sucky access to Te, the perceptual differences are foreign enough to never feel as though we are 'home' with each other.

Which is why I believe, irrationals might actually appreciate each other more-so. They share perception, but go about applying this knowledge in widey different (yet equally valuable) arenas with their judging functions. It helps them navigate the external better, the value in it is more concrete and obvious.

And over the years, I've noticed that its not uncommon for say, Ni doms or Ne doms to mention (on various groups or forums) how much they appreciate what their kindred can do, even if it is very different from what they would do themselves. I have actually never seen this from intp's about istp's, or Isfp's about infp's. Maybe Enfj's about esfj's... but thats dom Fe for ya, its appreciation is so undiscerning it hardly counts. hah.

Could be a fluke, I dunno. But my intuition says irrationals might appreciate their kindred's more.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personally, I get along better with EIEs thanwith LSEs, I think subtype has something to do with this though.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Thanks all,

I do think the subtype has something to do with it in my case, too. It explains why I (SEE-Fi) clash so much with SLEs, especially SLE-Ti's, where it's almost mutual supervision, lol.

I imagine SEE-Se and SLE-Se would be more like two peas in a pod, eh :)

I don't know any IEE-Fi's, so can't comment on the Look-Alike/Business intertype relation there.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks all,

I do think the subtype has something to do with it in my case, too. It explains why I (SEE-Fi) clash so much with SLEs, especially SLE-Ti's, where it's almost mutual supervision, lol.

I imagine SEE-Se and SLE-Se would be more like two peas in a pod, eh :)

I don't know any IEE-Fi's, so can't comment on the Look-Alike/Business intertype relation there.

I'm IEE, likely Ne IEE so unable to build that fi bridge it seems... that being said I get along pretty well with SEE of either subtype.

I find it incredibly difficult to get on with ILE off the bat but once we have broken the ice (and poured a few drinks) things seem to fall into place more. I am learning more recently about this type of relationship so i find it interesting. Thinking about the subtypes i suppose i would find it easier to get along with ILE Ne.

I also agree it can seem like mutual supervision too, where we each want to explain the cognitive function outa what the other is not understanding/computing. Ti heavy ILE or SLE both really grate me. Ti directed convo's also really hurt me and i have to use a lot of energy to place things in a way in which i am protected.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also agree it can seem like mutual supervision too, where we each want to explain the cognitive function outa what the other is not understanding/computing. Ti heavy ILE or SLE both really grate me. Ti directed convo's also really hurt me and i have to use a lot of energy to place things in a way in which i am protected.

I notice that with for :Ti: Polr people that heavy :Ti: conversations especially if those conversations involve breaking down and examining the mechanics of topics which have heavy ethical connotations seriously disturbs them.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I notice that with for :Ti: Polr people that heavy :Ti: conversations especially if those conversations involve breaking down and examining the mechanics of topics which have heavy ethical connotations seriously disturbs them.

Yes because we tend to be more open minded and feel that so much is being neglected, especially in terms of ethics.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes because we tend to be more open minded and feel that so much is being neglected, especially in terms of ethics.

Yes, but what does that have to do with being open-minded? I always saw negative knee-jerk reactions to topics one is bothered by as being close minded, since it excludes the topic from even bein discussed in the first place. I bring it up because not to criticise you personally, but because it kinda bothers me that alot of SEEs, who seem like interesting, reasonable people most of the time, freak out when you bring up certain topics. Personally, I just try not to bring up those topics if I know someone is particularly sensitive to it, but I like to discuss alot of stuff which is controversial, and don't like being silenced.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but what does that have to do with being open-minded? I always saw negative knee-jerk reactions to topics one is bothered by as being close minded, since it excludes the topic from even bein discussed in the first place. I bring it up because not to criticise you personally, but because it kinda bothers me that alot of SEEs, who seem like interesting, reasonable people most of the time, freak out when you bring up certain topics. Personally, I just try not to bring up those topics if I know someone is particularly sensitive to it, but I like to discuss alot of stuff which is controversial, and don't like being silenced.

Ti is frameworks... it demands certain rules, in this respect it is narrow minded. It certainly has it's place in the world and is necessary for many outcomes... Fi does not like these rules when applied to certain things because it understands things from a more individualistic standpoint and it has it's own place of benefitting certain narrow minded views. The problems occur when neither wants to listen to the other because they view each other as too extreme and arrogant/dramatic.

Edit: A real and recent example is of a conversation I had with an ENTp who wants to use IQ as a deciding factor in the worlds intelligence. This absolutely offends me because I am aware that IQ only measures a very specific part of intelligence (there are multiple intelligences) and some people can not access the higher results when taking it due to things like dyslexia, which will completely squew results.

I am aware that IQ testing has it's place and can be helpful in many ways but to use it as a base of intelligence is just preposterously narrow minded. Ti likes to hold on to it's frameworks so can be offended when Ne Fi wants to interject the possibilities and open up the narrow framework. Ti individuals may see this as fi users getting but hurt over nothing -because ethics. But actually (Ne) Fi can offer a lot -as above. When Ne Ti and Ne Fi work together ...especially all the Ne-ing they can produce fantastic results... but it is a sticking point, a huge one.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti is frameworks... it demands certain rules, in this respect it is narrow minded. It certainly has it's place in the world and is necessary for many outcomes... Fi does not like these rules when applied to certain things because it understands things from a more individualistic standpoint and it has it's own place of benefitting certain narrow minded views. The problems occur when neither wants to listen to the other because they view each other as too extreme and arrogant/dramatic.

I think we're talking about different things...yeah you're right about Ti, but Im' talking about something else, which may or may not be function related ( doesn't seem to be).

Roars

Permabanned
Depends on what you are looking for. Types in ones own quadra are the only ones I can say are really 'the best' - outside its open to interpretation. This also depends on what point you are at in your life