• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlating Socionics Quadras and the Harry Potter Houses

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is just for fun. For those who do not understand socionics but would like to, I hope this idea helps to learn about the quadras, in a much more entertaining way. I can see similarities between socionics quadras and the personality of each harry potter house, and is this thread I aim to elaborate on why that is. Four seems to be such an appropriate number for any type of personality system. Just because I am drawing parallels between them, it doesn't mean the characters in HP belong to that quadra. For example, Harry Potter is an ESI in socionics, but I have labelled the Gryffindor house as the Beta Quadra (Harry was meant to be in Slytherin really though, only he didn't want to). So please don't assume your quadra based on your pottermore test result or something.

For Dummies:
Delta Quadra = Ne/Si and Fi/Te
Gamma Quadra = Ni/Se and Fi/Te
Alpha Quadra = Ne/Si and Fe/Ti
Beta Quadra = Ni/Se and Fe/Ti

In other words, Gammas are the equivalent to NTJs and SFPs, and so on.

Here is my Hogwarts analysis:

Hufflepuff - Delta
shield_huf.jpg
Students belonging to this house are known to be hard-working, friendly, loyal, honest and rather impartial. It may be that due to their values, Hufflepuffs are not as competitive as the other houses, or are more modest about their accomplishments. Hufflepuff is the most inclusive among the four houses; valuing hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its membersments - Wikia

Reinin characterizes the Delta Quadra as Judicious, Serious, and Aristocratic. Delta's value peaceful activities where they have the opportunity to do something useful whilst balancing out their inner world at the same time. To achieve their goals they would rather rely on their own industriousness than group efforts, strong leadership, and speculation. They make a point of of talking about the rationale behind their actions, and emphasize the extent of productivity, the different methods of which things could be done - including areas of personal relationships. In an insightful, non dramatic manner Deltas love to share their own sentiments regarding their personal experiences. However, Delta types (specifically Delta STs) rarely display their deep passions and visions, preferring to talk in more neutral terms. They typically favour wry humour and understatement, rejecting dramaticism and emotional effects. They only take groups seriously when they perform a common productive or restful activity. Delta NFs do not fare well in high pressure situations, but wear out quickly and prefer a peaceful and welcoming environment.

Gryffindor - Beta
latest
The Gryffindor house emphasises the traits of courage as well as "daring, nerve, and chivalry," and thus its members are generally regarded as brave, though sometimes to the point of recklessness. They can also be short-tempered. Notably, Gryffindor house contributed many members to Dumbledore's Army and the Order of the Phoenix, although this may have been because the main members made it a point not to associate with other houses.
According to Phinaes Nigellus Black, members of other houses, particularly Slytherin, sometimes feel that Gryffindors engage in "pointless heroics." Another Slytherin, Severus Snape, considered many Gryffindors to be self-righteous and arrogant, with no regard for rules - Wikia

According to the Reinin dichotomies, the Beta quadra characterizes as "Decisive", "Merry" and "Aristocratic". Gryffindor may be more commonly connected to the Alpha Quadra, which I will elaborate on further under the Ravenclaw heading. Beta Quadra types are energized in competitive situations where analytical tactics are emphasized. In group activity, a common emotional atmosphere where the whole group participates is generally more favourable. They have more confidence in analyzing the realistic characteristics of situations / people / objects rather than the alternative and could-be scenarios. Beta types tend to give more value to feelings when they are demonstrated with clear emotional expression, and tend to increase the level of their own emotional expression in order to get a reaction from other people, due to the values to extroverted feeling. Beta NFs tend to show a deep concern about social issues and where the world is heading, believing apathy is the significant cause of societal problems (Fe-Ni). Beta types are not inclined to enjoy discussions of personal experiences when the discussion is on a person's inner feelings.

Ravenclaw - Alpha
img-thing
Ravenclaw House prizes learning, wisdom, wit, and intellect in its members.[3] Thus, many Ravenclaws tend to be academically motivated and talented students. Ravenclaws also pride themselves in being original in their ideas, and methods. It's not unusual to find Ravenclaw students practicing especially different types of magic that other houses might shun.
Reinin characterizes this quadra as "Judicious, Merry, and Democratic". Alpha types enjoy to discuss highly theoretical concepts as a source of intellectual stimulation and fun rather than for their practical merits. They tend to value logically consistent beliefs and ideas, and behavior that is consistent with personal values. They typically prefer to perform these ideas in group activity. The participation of group is enjoyable when their is a free exchange of positive emotional expression whilst being in an atmosphere that is pleasing to the senses. Alphas tend to find a discussion unfavourable if the subject regards personal relationships while in a group, especially if this leads to confrontation. They are inclined to be tolerating of minor past misdeeds by others, giving priority to reconciliation and a convivial atmosphere. Investments that require long term commitment and up keep tend to be avoided, instead preferring investments that offer a reliable outcome with minimum involvement (Alpha NTs in particular). An ideal Alpha group situation is the exchange of light-hearted jokes while discussing imaginative ideas, movies, or sometimes sports, all while enjoying pleasant food and drink. Narrating personal experiences usually takes the form of telling a joke; funny personal experiences are preferred over "serious" ones.

Slytherin - Gamma
ccd53034-c798-452a-8032-f28e06250d8f.jpg
Slytherins tend to be ambitious, shrewd, cunning, strong leaders, and achievement-oriented. They also have highly developed senses of self-preservation.[7] This means that Slytherins tend to hesitate before acting, so as to weigh all possible outcomes before deciding exactly what should be done. - Harry Potter Wikia
The Reinin traits that distinguish Gamma from other quadras are "decisive," "serious," and "democratic.".Gamma types take a longer-term view regarding efficiency and profitability, giving lower priority to the short term. Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice. They like to talk about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings. Ideas and concepts must be be firmly connected to factual information. A hard line approach regarding ethical principles is taken with punishment, or revenge even. They like to discuss personal relationships in a realistic manner, perhaps taking an skeptical attitude to the ideology that bad people could ever become good. This quadra does not tend to form or maintain groups based on fun and emotional interaction - especially Gamma NTs (Gamma SFs can conform to the nature of group discussion due to their talents in Fe and Si blocks, although those functions are not valued). Therefore Gamma types reject the idea that it is best to avoid confrontations so as not to spoil the mood of those present, preferring a directness in settling or a least discussing disagreements. It is Gamma SFs in particular (due to Se-ego) that do not see much point in deeply analyzing ideas that they see as having little practical application or connection to reality. In group discussion laughter and very obvious displays of emotion are subdued, instead, there is a lot of smiling, amusement with ironic and witty remarks or, when serious subjects or not very happy personal experiences are discussed, a serious demeanor. Even such small groups tend to split into smaller ones; perhaps 3 is the ideal "group" size for Gammas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Information was extracted from: Socionics Quadras

I am not even sure if this thread will get responses, because I am aware that people might not be familiar with socionics. But I would like to know; What House did you sort into to, and does it correlate with what you think your socionics quadra type is? Do you agree/disagree with my correlations and why? Does this help your idea of each socionics quadra? Which quadra do you relate to and why? and so on.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would switch Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw because Hufflepuff seems Fe.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Accurate in my view

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Accurate, but Hufflepuff is Fe, not Fi. Hufflepuff places so much emphasis on equality and loyalty to the group, which is Fe to the max.

á´…eparted

passages
I'd say these are accurate and the best fit. It's sort of a disservice to it though, as just because a house has a particular common way of being, doesn't mean everyone is going to be of that type (and is generally why I don't like typing large groups much, even as fantasy/speculation). I mean, I am solidly in Slytherin, but I am also solidly Beta.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Accurate, but Hufflepuff is Fe, not Fi. Hufflepuff places so much emphasis on equality and loyalty to the group, which is Fe to the max.

Hmm, maybe. Fe is different in socionics though. imo it doesn't emphasize group values vs independent value as much.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm ... Slytherin is aristocratic, i.e. should be either beta or delta. Hufflepuff maintains existing structures and respects a stable hierarchy (also aristocratic), i.e. beta or delta. I'd say Slytherin is beta and Hufflepuff is delta. Griffindors are democratic (Hermoine is a great witch--even though she's not a "pure-blood"), and they seek to overthrow existing, evil, beta structures. Sounds like Gamma to me, whereas Ravenclaw is both democratic (free exploration of ideas, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, intellectual creativity) and judicious (generally chilled-out and given to "thinking out loud" even when it's inappropriate or dangerous to do so--think Luna Lovegood and her father, a newspaper publisher). Sounds like Alpha to me. So, I'd say:

Alpha = Ravenclaw
Beta = Slytherin
Gamma = Griffindor
Delta = Hufflepuff

Just my thoughts. :shrug:

Cowardly

deactivated
I would describe each house only by the extroverted functions.

Hufflepuff - Fe.
Slytherin - Te
Ravenclaw - Ne
Gryffindor - Se

I don't think there's a good way to assign introverted functions to those houses. You could certainly do that, but then it would become very cloudy.

ducks

Permabanned
I know you did Quadras, but I kind of see it a little differently.

Hufflepuff - Ixxj types?
INFj, INTj, ISFj, ISTj
Gryffindor - Sounds very Se in general, maybe esxp types most
ESFp, ESTp, ESFj, ESTj, ENTj, ENFj, ISFj, ISTj
Ravenclaw - Intuitive types xnxx
INFp, INTp, INFj, INTj, ENFp, ENFj, ENTp, ENTj
Slytherin - Sounds like rational extroverts, maybe Exxj types
ENFj, ENTj, ESFj, ENFj