• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My first socionics questionnaire.

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi, this is my first socionics post. I think I love socionics more than MBTI! It seems so much better.
Anyway, type me. :)

Block I

General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
General to specific is as simple as zooming in to the details, to show how one principle can be applied in multiple scenarios. Specific to general is like using one principle to explain the big picture.

What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
Logical to me, means reasoning that has proof. I'm not sure on the common view, I'm pretty sure in that sense it would mean clear reasoning, and sense. I think it is more or less in line.

How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
Not sure what it means, but a clock has 12 parts, between in each part there are 3 smaller parts excluding the ones connected to the numbers, so fractions would simply be the number of parts from 12 to the minute hand, over the total value of the clock.

What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
A rule is a way of getting things done. Some rules aren't official, some are, they bring about discipline.The only rules I have to follow is the law, if I don't want anything stupid to happen to me.

What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
Hierarchy is basically a system that places the most efficient method first or so. I believe it would be good to study it, but I wouldn't place much emphasis on it as it could also lead to those far below being neglected, and they might just have a more efficient method.

What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
Instructions are useful to those who just want to get the job done. Personally, I don't use them. I wouldn't be able to write one as It is different for everyone. There is no One Right Way to get things done. Though if I wrote one, it would be an instruction manual on living life, free from mindless conformity, but then again, its highly subjective.

Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
That is also highly subjective. Laws were meant to bring about a community's perspective of "good" and it may not be the same for others. By ignoring laws, internally, you may be free, but externally, you'll be painting yourself in a corner.
Vice versa for the other side of it. I do not necessarily agree, but I don't really have a choice.

Tell us how about consistent you are?
I'm not that consistent. My plans are tangible. I come up with them in my head, and they differ from day to day.
In terms of habit, I am quite inconsistent. Most people notice the change. When they think they know me, I release a different side of me.

What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?
Standard is 'normal'. People need it because without it, it might lead to mistakes, but by not following it, something even greater can be created/found.

You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
Quite enjoyable. I would start by emptying the shelfs. Lay out the books on the table. Decide what section belongs to what, and arrange them there from long to short. I tend to bundle up the authors.

Block II

What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
Work is a way of earning and moving on in society. We go to work to contribute to future advancements in the world. No, its a free world, we can choose how we wish to contribute.

Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
Yes, a big difference. The prices for quantity tend to be higher, but less than getting the same number of quality stuff together. However, nowadays they're blending.

How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
That is a highly subjective question. People are different. Some follow the norm of 'quality' and some stand by their own interpretation of 'quality'. I personally do pay attention to it.

How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
I feel worried on how it might affect me. It happens, mostly. I tend to spend my time thinking about other stuff or doing things thatre intriguing to me than my work.

What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.
Something that captures my attention, something that brings about results. It would allow me to grow as a person, learn a lot more about myself and how this work fits into the world.

You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
I would google it, or go to another store and compare it with this, though usually. I just buy it.

When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
"Huh?" "Is there even a right way?"
If Im doing something I don't want to do, i tend to fulfil the basic purpose of it, nothing more.

There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
I should probably learn from him, he has a method that is way more efficient than mine. I observe him and try to figure out how he does it. As for my feelings, you could say I would feel a little bit amazed.

When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
I feel embarrassed, but I forced myself to think of it as something that I could learn from.

You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
Why? What's it for? How long would it roughly take, what materials I need, who would be working with me.
I would feel dumbfounded and nervous.

Block III

What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
Beauty to me is undefined. Something so close to me, yet untouchable. something you cannot own. I don't really change it that much. Im not sure about that. I think the general notion would be something that captures our attention, though, mine is more about something disfigured, something undefined. Something internal.

Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
Someone who everyone finds attractive? I'm not that deep, so at the core of beauty i guess there is ugliness. I would explain it to them, Id just walk with them, pick up a flower and show them.

Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it?
In society, yes. Not sure.

What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
Comfort and coziness are linked. They're the things that leave me feeling happy and secure. Things that make up for all the bad shit that happens throughout the day. I create them in my head. Im not one to care of how good I look, but when going out, I tend to wear a sweater and jeans to feel comfortable and secure. I think others complain that i put too much emphasis on it. I disagree.

How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
I just wear what feel comfortable to me. I don't follow fashion much, but I can if I want to. I just see fashion as temporary. After a while the trend would change etc. I do not know how to select clothes for different figures. Haven't experimented in that section yet.

How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?
I tend to experiment around. I roughly know what I want to make and try to make it. Others tend to comment, but then again, I can't please everyone, so I joke about it.

Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
Not very, but yes.

If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
I guess I would, since they're talking about what is beautiful to them.

Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
I would place the table somewhere where the user gets to view the entire room. I do it myself. It feels better doing it alone, but if they want to help, at least I wont have to carry it all alone.

How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
I dont.. I try out what they tell me to, but the taste varies from person to person.

Block IV

Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
I can. I either encourage them or push them ahead, positively. I can't press people.

What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
An Invasion, of space, of country, of home. I would try talking to them first, understand why they're doing this, then If I have to I would fight back. Its tough.

What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
My people are people I know, who belong to me. They become strangers once the relationship is cut off.

Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
Yes. I can use them, I don't think Its ever justified unless they hurt me, or those I love.

Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
No. Unless you lack a home, then you don't have much of a choice.

What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
I do not know.

How do you protect yourself and your interests?
Keep them to myself, secretive about them. When I talk to others, ask them about themselves more.

Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
I would always be on the look out for someone who wishes to end this 'war', other than that, its okay to hurt, just don't hurt them too badly.

Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
No, they think I'm a detached, wishy washy person, lost, but I think I'm strong.

How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
I guess its inner strength, knowing what I'm doing and understanding others. Being able to know more about them and get them to feel better is strength. Selfishness leads to force. People tend to selectively hear things. The listen to what they want to hear, hence the type me threads where they lash out at one another.

Block V

What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
I think its insensitivity. I think so.
It would be a bully.
I would show him an alternate way of expressing himself in a more polite manner to let him notice the difference himself.

How would you improve the moral of the society?
I'm not sure.

Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?
Yes. I would attempt to teach them, if they fail to learn then I wont bother justifying it.

Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
Punishment is brought up due to love, thats what Ive been told. However I don't think they're necessarily in line with one another. Love to me is the complete understanding and acceptance between two people.

Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
Nope. I think If you have a guest, you should let them feel welcomed, they are temporary and their life must be filed with ups and downs (everyones is) so why not get them to feel better?

What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
Sympathy is letting someone know you are affected by their issues and that you will support them. When someone's feeling down about something, i think a certain level of sympathy is necessary. Too much isn't good though, they may think we're looking down on them.

Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why
Yes, Kindness and politeness. I do follow them. Its not compulsory, but why not let someone else feel better than always keeping to myself? I could learn something from them.

How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
f someone is hurt in the process, It would be wrong. There is always a way that doesn't lead to pain.

What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
Morality is the sense of value and righteousness..I can only evaluate it by asking others about their views on it and amending it accordingly.

Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?
I get worried, "did i do something wrong?"
I can, I would give them silent treatment. I easily forgive them though.

Block VI

"Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
The world is worth less than a dying child.
I agree, though it could also be seen the other way.

Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
I guess it is acceptable. Inappropriate would be letting it out while working with a group of people. Getting to serious emotionally and displaying overwhelming emotion for attention.

Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
Yes. They can be used to show someone how you deal with them or to bond with that person.

How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
I personally keep to myself. Isolate myself. It looks like a dark aura around me. I don't let others know about it.

Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
I display those a lot. Its emotions that could allow people to feel better. Its called moving beyond your personal feelings to focus on the groups feeling. A lot more.

What are right or wrong emotions?
This is the first time I'm reading this. I don't believe there are right and wrong emotions.

Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
I can, for both. Either positive or negative. Though positive is better.

What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen?
It means to carefully let it out at a constant rate. I personally write or fantasise. Sometimes, I talk to people about it, those close to me listen and give me advice.

Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
No, but it doesn't have to.

Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
Nope. I am personally a bit unaware of my own feelings, a bit hollow. Though I have a really intense emotional awareness when it comes to others. I do notice their moods quite intensely. Its hard to explain it, but I can tell.

Block VII

Do you like surprises?
Yes! I do, they bring about something new, a different feeling, a different meaning.

How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
Change is something that happens due to our actions. We can either change for the better or worse. I feel they're good as they allow us to access our lives in different points in time. Others can too, if they look close enough.

Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
Mostly, yes. If life was about death, Its like saying 1+(-1) = 0

What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
I think they interesting. They're quite intriguing, how charts can read out the future and all. I believe in luck. Whenever I go for exams I tend to get scolded a bit by my father for not consistently working hard to familiarise myself with it. I leave it to luck.

Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
Well, I can. Recently I was looking at the comic book industry and telling my friends about how its going downhill due to the lack of new and fresh content. told them that some day someone would say something about it. This morning I read an article where a comic book company, head, was talking about improving the industry by re reading all the comics and being careful about what they would put out for the world to see. I was right. Though, that is just one example. I believe its real.

What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
Time, to me represents change. It feels like blood pumping through my body. Normal. I can't really kill time, but I can always either use it to my advantage or so. Time does bring about a lot of changes. The present becomes the past and the future becomes the present. Some trends change, some don't.

Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
It is.Patience is a virtue. If I don't know, I guess Ill just carry on with life until it happens. I will know it when it happens.

Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
No, I can more or less create it myself. I'm usually on track with reality in that sense. I do keep an open mind in that sense though.

Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
No, I just wait for them and then we do what we wish to do. Im sure they feel bad about it.

Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…
a) Nervous, probably reached the place, put on my headphones and walk around, text him/her to ask how he/she is getting here.
b) Find a place where he/she can see me, and wait there.
c) Ill just keep waiting, probably text him/her to let them know Ive reached already.
d) I would feel tired, look for a place to sit and wait.
e) I would attempt to call them. If they don't pick up, I'll just hang around that area but visit other places nearby. Probably get lost.

Block VIII

Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
The meaning itself is personal, so its not the same for everyone. Though, i think we exist for each other.

What should be done so people can be happy?
Being sensitive to them, listening them, boosting them, can make them happy. Making them part of a group.

In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
I would ask people I trust on their opinion. Even if i know what I can do, I might not do it.

When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about?
I can say they're interesting people. I would talk about something they can relate to or get to know them. I'd treat them like long lost friends. I would know based on how he feels and what he tells me/shows.

Does it take long to understand someone's talents?
Quite some time, but its obvious after a while.

Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?
I know an interesting girl. She was sensitive, yet tough. Pretty, but uncaring. She had this ability to get everyone's attention whenever she spoke. that was interesting. I think I am an interesting person, but ultimately it depends on those around me. Well, If I'm boring to them, then I'm probably not worth their time, so I just move on. Though, I would ask them why.

What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange.
a) Whenever my dad uses logic, everything seems fair.
b) Judging people based on someone elses view on them. They should give strangers the benefit of the doubt.
c) Not caring about how I, or those around me feel when deciding on getting things done their way, abuse and all.
d) Im not sure.

Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
YES, they usually contain emotional plot lines and mechanical inventions thatre completely abstract. Though there is a logical foundation.
I really don't wish to expose them. They're personal.

What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
Competence, helpfulness and passion. With passion, you'd do your best, then you can help others and that itself is kindness.

What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
insensitivity, arrogance and anger. They tend to think of themselves only.

What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
Good. I think By being good you naturally become successful. Its connected. You grow along with others.

Last edited:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't really understand socionics, so sorry, no help here :(

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=26422]BeyondTheGrey[/MENTION]
I don't consider myself a socionics expert, but it's better than having no response. You seem like some kind intuitive ethical type. Your Ni seems to be a strength, either 4D or 3D. Your Si block seemed the weakest, although some of your answers hint that it might be valued. I think either IEI (Ni-Fe ego) or EII (Fi-Ne ego) because you answer well in those blocks, but I have a difficulty finding which functions you value. Because you say you prefer to keep your emotions to yourself, yet express an interest in people who demonstrate strong Fe (block VIII). Both types have the same dimenstionality in functions ie. 4D Fi & Ni, 3D Ne&Fe. This was the impression I got. You answered the questionnaire quite briefly, perhaps because you weren't sure if you were going to have a response, but it's difficult (for me) to get any definite conclusion from it. Have you read about the quadras? If so, has anything stood out to you from those descriptions?