• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SEE who can't stand ILIs - Duality is a sham?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I take Inter-type relations with a grain of salt. It seems like another opportunity to discriminate others based on their type. It's also unreliable if you do not have the confidence and knowledge to type people IRL. So I wouldn't take it too seriously. However, I think compatibility does make logical sense. Being drawn to the type with the opposite functions to you makes sense, because the type values those functions and wants to develop them more but has difficulty with this. But realistically, there is more to a person than cognitive, such as their beliefs and interests. Personally I seem to have a preference for types in the serious quadras, but that is based on a narrow number of people.

Igxfl

I have a half baked idea related to this.

Rather than Suggestive being liked and PoLR being disliked, what if the Suggestive function gets an easy emotional response (positive or negative) and the PoLR is met with pure lack of understanding (no revulsion).

I think this matches my people experience better than an automatic good/bad reaction, and it meshes well with the way the MBTI inferior is characterized.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Rather than Suggestive being liked and PoLR being disliked, what if the Suggestive function gets an easy emotional response (positive or negative) and the PoLR is met with pure lack of understanding (no revulsion).

Huh, this actually seems correct. People talking about Ni stuff to me doesn't always elicit a good response from me. But it does elicit an easy response.

I feel like I can understand Ti stuff pretty well, but I might be doing it through Te. I definitely don't feel revulsion at Ti. Before I found out about Socionics, I would have thought ExTP was my ideal romantic match. :shock:

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
So now I am thinking some of these supposed INTJs on the forum are actually LSIs in Socionics. That would explain why I hate them.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
So now I am thinking some of these supposed INTJs on the forum are actually LSIs in Socionics. That would explain why I hate them.

LSIs suck. They need to be removed from society.

I take Inter-type relations with a grain of salt. It seems like another opportunity to discriminate others based on their type. It's also unreliable if you do not have the confidence and knowledge to type people IRL. So I wouldn't take it too seriously. However, I think compatibility does make logical sense. Being drawn to the type with the opposite functions to you makes sense, because the type values those functions and wants to develop them more but has difficulty with this. But realistically, there is more to a person than cognitive, such as their beliefs and interests. Personally I seem to have a preference for types in the serious quadras, but that is based on a narrow number of people.

Oh EII now? nice.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Since it's not against the rules not to use the multiquote, I can do wahjtever I want now.

SO yeah. Can someone please type me THanks.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Huh, this actually seems correct. People talking about Ni stuff to me doesn't always elicit a good response from me. But it does elicit an easy response.

I feel like I can understand Ti stuff pretty well, but I might be doing it through Te. I definitely don't feel revulsion at Ti. Before I found out about Socionics, I would have thought ExTP was my ideal romantic match. :shock:

LSIs suck. They need to be removed from society.

Oh EII now? nice.

Since it's not against the rules not to use the multiquote, I can do wahjtever I want now.

SO yeah. Can someone please type me THanks.

See, I made 4 posts in a row - this is #5 - and admin/mod cannot do anything because apparently this is not against the rules. LOL

carrina

MBTI Type
SEE,
. I doubt he'd ever clean for free--it's what I learned about Gamma types, nobody in their quadra does work without pay--but I'm sure you can clean together with your ILI dual.

In practice this is a preference and not a rule. I work for free all the time. But then, only if I can project myself benefiting from it at some point, in some way. It's not a matter of money, though.

OP is IEE

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an SEE who not only can't stand my supposed dual ILI, but also can't relate at all to descriptions of what our relationship is supposed to be like.

I find ILIs insufferably stuffy, arrogant, stuck in their heads, and locked into their worldviews. I'm supposed to show them the world, while they go around treating the world like they're too good for it. Yuck. I'm supposed to draw them out of their heads and make them experience stuff? I'm supposed to push them into action? I spend all day inactive, lol! Except for going to work and stuff obviously. Other than that, I hardly leave the house, as I'm not a social extravert. (But I am a cognitive extravert.) So I'm in no position to drag an ILI into action, or into whatever social even he'd want to attend. I really don't know what ILIs like to do, although I guess that would depend upon the ILI as with any other type. Everyone has different interests and preferences anyway. I'm also supposed to be an "aggressor" in sexual activities but frankly couldn't care less about sex, and would not be someone to initiate let alone aggress on that. I literally won't even think of it unless it's brought up by someone else, or by the romance styles description I just read.

Anyway, I really can't see myself in a relationship with an ILI. At least not a long-lived or happy one.

What do you think? Does duality really work? Because it just sounds like bullshit.

Sounds like you're frequently confusing your Conflictor with your Dual. ILI frequently type as INTJ in MBTI while LII frequently type as INTP or appear to be misguided INTJ in MBTI.

Either that or the ILI you know hold some point of authority over you to the point where they ruin the :Se: :Ni: interplay in intimacy in the relationship.

Sisaroth

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
???
What age are the ILIs you are talking about? A lot of it sounds like how I was when I was 16-22y old, I just wasn't ready for a relationship back then.

shuawei

To the OP, you're not alone. I'm a Fi-IEE and I find that activity relationships (ESTjs of any subtype) and Te-SLIs (the best! why are you guys so rare :'( ... or unavailable or unethical >_< ) are vastly more appealing than Si-SLIs. I, do, however, find Si-SLIs who have a 4 heart center as more appealing; I am however mostly straight as these SLIs with 4 heart centers are all ladies, lol. Si-SLIs in generally come off really soft and annoying to me, like their Te is reeeallly situational which makes me roll my eyes; also tooooo much Si which I don't care for.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
apparently gamma duals might have this whole love-hate thing

I do not understand it on an implicit level, honestly

but more broadly speaking, what you are saying is in line with how duality is described "initially" - Gulenko says that duals may actually find each other irritating at first, because you are so different, but over time (other compatability factors considered), you will recognize how comfortable and useful this connection to your dual really is
that is, it might take time for duality to fully manifest

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I find the idea of duality intriguing. The problem with it is that they tend to mistype same type pairs as duals and people as their duals.

???

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
I'm an SEE who not only can't stand my supposed dual ILI, but also can't relate at all to descriptions of what our relationship is supposed to be like.

I find ILIs insufferably stuffy, arrogant, stuck in their heads, and locked into their worldviews. I'm supposed to show them the world, while they go around treating the world like they're too good for it. Yuck. I'm supposed to draw them out of their heads and make them experience stuff? I'm supposed to push them into action? I spend all day inactive, lol! Except for going to work and stuff obviously. Other than that, I hardly leave the house, as I'm not a social extravert. (But I am a cognitive extravert.) So I'm in no position to drag an ILI into action, or into whatever social even he'd want to attend. I really don't know what ILIs like to do, although I guess that would depend upon the ILI as with any other type. Everyone has different interests and preferences anyway. I'm also supposed to be an "aggressor" in sexual activities but frankly couldn't care less about sex, and would not be someone to initiate let alone aggress on that. I literally won't even think of it unless it's brought up by someone else, or by the romance styles description I just read.

Anyway, I really can't see myself in a relationship with an ILI. At least not a long-lived or happy one.

What do you think? Does duality really work? Because it just sounds like bullshit.

I know this is really old and you probably won't ever read this. But socionics/typology is too much of a simplification of personality. It's just one variable of many, sometimes obfuscated enough that it probably isn't even all that real at times. But I suppose all things being equal, a dual should have better compatibility, if that makes sense.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I know this is really old and you probably won't ever read this. But socionics/typology is too much of a simplification of personality. It's just one variable of many, sometimes obfuscated enough that it probably isn't even all that real at times. But I suppose all things being equal, a dual should have better compatibility, if that makes sense.

I came back from the dead just to read your post

Zero-11

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Basically what I want in a relationship is like someone to cook food for me, clean the house, all of that boring stuff. Like a maid/cook in one. Except in a relationship, so I don't have to pay them. Somehow, I really, really doubt an ILI would be that person for me.
you are a intuitive

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp

You are Fe-valuing, possibly ESE. I've never heard an Fi-ego that would submit their reasoning according to their own evaluatory ethical judgment.
And Interpersonal Relationship-wise, it's Conflictor > Dual.