User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

What age are the ILIs you are talking about? A lot of it sounds like how I was when I was 16-22y old, I just wasn't ready for a relationship back then.

To the OP, you're not alone. I'm a Fi-IEE and I find that activity relationships (ESTjs of any subtype) and Te-SLIs (the best! why are you guys so rare :'( ... or unavailable or unethical >_< ) are vastly more appealing than Si-SLIs. I, do, however, find Si-SLIs who have a 4 heart center as more appealing; I am however mostly straight as these SLIs with 4 heart centers are all ladies, lol. Si-SLIs in generally come off really soft and annoying to me, like their Te is reeeallly situational which makes me roll my eyes; also tooooo much Si which I don't care for.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

apparently gamma duals might have this whole love-hate thing

I do not understand it on an implicit level, honestly

but more broadly speaking, what you are saying is in line with how duality is described "initially" - Gulenko says that duals may actually find each other irritating at first, because you are so different, but over time (other compatability factors considered), you will recognize how comfortable and useful this connection to your dual really is
    that is, it might take time for duality to fully manifest
    EII | INFP
    4w5-9w1-6w5 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENFp None

I find the idea of duality intriguing. The problem with it is that they tend to mistype same type pairs as duals and people as their duals.
    DESPAIR
    Likes Zero-11 liked this post

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ? None

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    I'm an SEE who not only can't stand my supposed dual ILI, but also can't relate at all to descriptions of what our relationship is supposed to be like.

I find ILIs insufferably stuffy, arrogant, stuck in their heads, and locked into their worldviews. I'm supposed to show them the world, while they go around treating the world like they're too good for it. Yuck. I'm supposed to draw them out of their heads and make them experience stuff? I'm supposed to push them into action? I spend all day inactive, lol! Except for going to work and stuff obviously. Other than that, I hardly leave the house, as I'm not a social extravert. (But I am a cognitive extravert.) So I'm in no position to drag an ILI into action, or into whatever social even he'd want to attend. I really don't know what ILIs like to do, although I guess that would depend upon the ILI as with any other type. Everyone has different interests and preferences anyway. I'm also supposed to be an "aggressor" in sexual activities but frankly couldn't care less about sex, and would not be someone to initiate let alone aggress on that. I literally won't even think of it unless it's brought up by someone else, or by the romance styles description I just read.

Anyway, I really can't see myself in a relationship with an ILI. At least not a long-lived or happy one.

What do you think? Does duality really work? Because it just sounds like bullshit.
    I know this is really old and you probably won't ever read this. But socionics/typology is too much of a simplification of personality. It's just one variable of many, sometimes obfuscated enough that it probably isn't even all that real at times. But I suppose all things being equal, a dual should have better compatibility, if that makes sense.
    We are Bob.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    I know this is really old and you probably won't ever read this. But socionics/typology is too much of a simplification of personality. It's just one variable of many, sometimes obfuscated enough that it probably isn't even all that real at times. But I suppose all things being equal, a dual should have better compatibility, if that makes sense.
    I came back from the dead just to read your post
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.