User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

I take Inter-type relations with a grain of salt. It seems like another opportunity to discriminate others based on their type. It's also unreliable if you do not have the confidence and knowledge to type people IRL. So I wouldn't take it too seriously. However, I think compatibility does make logical sense. Being drawn to the type with the opposite functions to you makes sense, because the type values those functions and wants to develop them more but has difficulty with this. But realistically, there is more to a person than cognitive, such as their beliefs and interests. Personally I seem to have a preference for types in the serious quadras, but that is based on a narrow number of people.
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg
    Likes strychnine liked this post

I have a half baked idea related to this.

Rather than Suggestive being liked and PoLR being disliked, what if the Suggestive function gets an easy emotional response (positive or negative) and the PoLR is met with pure lack of understanding (no revulsion).

I think this matches my people experience better than an automatic good/bad reaction, and it meshes well with the way the MBTI inferior is characterized.
    Likes Legion, strychnine liked this post

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Igxfl View Post
    Rather than Suggestive being liked and PoLR being disliked, what if the Suggestive function gets an easy emotional response (positive or negative) and the PoLR is met with pure lack of understanding (no revulsion).
    Huh, this actually seems correct. People talking about Ni stuff to me doesn't always elicit a good response from me. But it does elicit an easy response.

I feel like I can understand Ti stuff pretty well, but I might be doing it through Te. I definitely don't feel revulsion at Ti. Before I found out about Socionics, I would have thought ExTP was my ideal romantic match.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

All Natural! All Good!

So now I am thinking some of these supposed INTJs on the forum are actually LSIs in Socionics. That would explain why I hate them.
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by not strychnine, someone else View Post
    So now I am thinking some of these supposed INTJs on the forum are actually LSIs in Socionics. That would explain why I hate them.
    LSIs suck. They need to be removed from society.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnara View Post
    I take Inter-type relations with a grain of salt. It seems like another opportunity to discriminate others based on their type. It's also unreliable if you do not have the confidence and knowledge to type people IRL. So I wouldn't take it too seriously. However, I think compatibility does make logical sense. Being drawn to the type with the opposite functions to you makes sense, because the type values those functions and wants to develop them more but has difficulty with this. But realistically, there is more to a person than cognitive, such as their beliefs and interests. Personally I seem to have a preference for types in the serious quadras, but that is based on a narrow number of people.
    Oh EII now? nice.
    So eat it, you should.

All Natural! All Good!

Since it's not against the rules not to use the multiquote, I can do wahjtever I want now.

SO yeah. Can someone please type me THanks.
    So eat it, you should.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    Huh, this actually seems correct. People talking about Ni stuff to me doesn't always elicit a good response from me. But it does elicit an easy response.

I feel like I can understand Ti stuff pretty well, but I might be doing it through Te. I definitely don't feel revulsion at Ti. Before I found out about Socionics, I would have thought ExTP was my ideal romantic match.
    LSIs suck. They need to be removed from society.

Oh EII now? nice.
    Since it's not against the rules not to use the multiquote, I can do wahjtever I want now.

SO yeah. Can someone please type me THanks.
    See, I made 4 posts in a row - this is #5 - and admin/mod cannot do anything because apparently this is not against the rules. LOL
    So eat it, you should.

MBTI
    SEE,

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    . I doubt he'd ever clean for free--it's what I learned about Gamma types, nobody in their quadra does work without pay--but I'm sure you can clean together with your ILI dual.
    In practice this is a preference and not a rule. I work for free all the time. But then, only if I can project myself benefiting from it at some point, in some way. It's not a matter of money, though.

OP is IEE

MBTI
    SEE,

Probably

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    862 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I'm an SEE who not only can't stand my supposed dual ILI, but also can't relate at all to descriptions of what our relationship is supposed to be like.

I find ILIs insufferably stuffy, arrogant, stuck in their heads, and locked into their worldviews. I'm supposed to show them the world, while they go around treating the world like they're too good for it. Yuck. I'm supposed to draw them out of their heads and make them experience stuff? I'm supposed to push them into action? I spend all day inactive, lol! Except for going to work and stuff obviously. Other than that, I hardly leave the house, as I'm not a social extravert. (But I am a cognitive extravert.) So I'm in no position to drag an ILI into action, or into whatever social even he'd want to attend. I really don't know what ILIs like to do, although I guess that would depend upon the ILI as with any other type. Everyone has different interests and preferences anyway. I'm also supposed to be an "aggressor" in sexual activities but frankly couldn't care less about sex, and would not be someone to initiate let alone aggress on that. I literally won't even think of it unless it's brought up by someone else, or by the romance styles description I just read.

Anyway, I really can't see myself in a relationship with an ILI. At least not a long-lived or happy one.

What do you think? Does duality really work? Because it just sounds like bullshit.
    Sounds like you're frequently confusing your Conflictor with your Dual. ILI frequently type as INTJ in MBTI while LII frequently type as INTP or appear to be misguided INTJ in MBTI.

Either that or the ILI you know hold some point of authority over you to the point where they ruin the interplay in intimacy in the relationship.