• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Humour by Quadra, Post here

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you know you quadra's style of humour or another quadra's well please post your explanations, examples, clips etc here...

I realise that there is a huge difference between Delta and Beta style of humour.. they both have difficulty understanding the other and Delta find Beta humour quite repulsive (in general), whereas Beta find Delta humour too tame/unadventurous/stupid...

I think Delta really quite enjoy quirky off beat humour... maybe stand ups like eddie izzard...

IMO Beta like in yo face harsh humour like silicon valley

complete generalisations, i'm sure plenty would disagree on a personal level... shall try to come back to tidy this up and give a more coherent explanation... but for now a couple of clips...

eddie izzard...(delta)

silicon valley (beta)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I prefer the delta one, beta one well....it's to real sometimes...and kinda pathetic and pathetic is not funny. Well, I like the i hate my life by theory of a deadman because the guys sounds so pathetic it's funny. But I think it aligns more with delta humor as you posted. I just don't know if it was meant to be funny...lol

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like more examples.

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
Delta one is funnier, but I like both.

They aren't either what I find the most hysterical though. The stuff I'd find absolutely hilarious would be a lot of the humour in RWBY and the Scary Movie series, and also stuff like This, this, and this.

(Second link contains a fairly realistic attempted suicide depiction, so be forewarned. XD)

As for what type that connects to, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. XD Theoretically I'm in the Alpha Quadra.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All of them.

I didn't find either example funny. The first lost my interest a minute through, and I wasn't at all engaged by the content he chose. The second may have been decently funny in the context of the film, but I didn't *feel* anything towards the characters. If I actually gave a crap about why the physical actions took place, maybe it would have made more sense. I only really enjoy it when it is a despicable character getting their just deserts in that fashion, after being long overdue.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think i'm into a wide variety of humor, but my favorite is probably awkward cringe comedy. people in uncomfortable social situations.

this is my new favorite show. people i've recommended it to are either really into it or think it's too painful to watch.

idk what quadra I am though?!?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All of them.

I didn't find either example funny. The first lost my interest a minute through, and I wasn't at all engaged by the content he chose. The second may have been decently funny in the context of the film, but I didn't *feel* anything towards the characters. If I actually gave a crap about why the physical actions took place, maybe it would have made more sense. I only really enjoy it when it is a despicable character getting their just deserts in that fashion, after being long overdue.

Maybe post something you find funny? The specific examples will not appeal to everybody hence the disclaimer, it's more the style that I was trying to example but maybe thats a little lost. Silicon valley was the second example, you could watch a longer vid if you are not sure about it.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recently found that I enjoy the show Rick and Morty, for instance. It stretches my imagination, keeps me engaged with new possibilities and makes me piece ideas together. The show fills you with questions and is entertaining at the same time.

I'll definitely post again when I think of more examples.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love comedy that isn't overtly trying to be hilarious every single second rather than building up to something greater. I'll offer examples at a better time.

Though I do absolutely love the show King of the Hill which is on a tier of its own And may or may not follow the above rule. :p

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love comedy that isn't overtly trying to be hilarious every single second rather than building up to something greater. I'll offer examples at a better time.

Yeah, that too.

Love your new getup, Magi

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Though I do absolutely love the show King of the Hill which is on a tier of its own And may or may not follow the above rule. :p

oh my gods i hate king of the hill lol

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

i'm obsessed with king of the hill for that reason, the jokes are subtle and it doesn't beat you over the head with obvious wacky jokes every 5 seconds like most cartoons.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tracy's character can annoy me sometimes and I find some of the shows' one-liners stupid, but overall I like the humor that's in '30 Rock'. Clever, witty, banter-like dialogue. What would that fall under?

But for longer plots and humor within those I always liked Seinfeld.

Re British comedy I haven't seen much, but the last show I watched was 'The Thick of it' and loved it. Contrast with old monty python humor, which isn't really my thing, generally speaking.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bitch came back by theory of a deadman cracks me up too.