• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Concise examples of PoLR

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I understand the "essence" of vulnerability (and the three main dichotomies that define the other function spaces) as well as the 8 IMEs but I do not clearly see how the PoLR is supposed to manifest behavior-wise.

Thinking of :Ti: PoLR: "Isn't adept at creating and abiding coherent logical processes" is one thing but how does one look and listen to an individual and tease out these specific biases? Or do they have to be expressed directly? How do you bridge the gap between theory and application here?

This could really be applied to all of the functions but the PoLR is most interesting to me at the moment. :)

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For Ti polr, it can manifest as a lack of logical consistency. You can spot it in an argument for example... IEEs and SEEs have trouble figuring out their own standpoints, they avoid arguments unless they feel like they have enough information. Even in an argument they tend to negate their own statements without being aware of doing so and they might bounce from one logical statement to another ignoring the logical differences. Their arguments might seem as poor or shallow without applying the real analytical skills into them.
Some might try to talk about things they have no idea about believing that they can make sense of it by their own abilities. They have trouble following step by step logical processes and arguments.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks, [MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION].

Do you have any ideas for how the other PoLR's manifest?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I think my restlessness could be a manifestation of Si PoLR. I absolutely hate waiting or doing nothing. I don't like water breaks and timeouts. Essentially, I devalue relaxation and comfort. I should always be occupied by something, doing something productive.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. I nobly post whether or not it's required of me.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe PoLR: "this is how I see [moral] things. Others disagree, so they're wrong."

For me it's either
"Whatever who needs morality when you can use the system to your advantage, and only care when people hurt your own self."
Or
"If you are *insert moral atrocity here* then you should kill yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Enneagram
9w1
To me Fe polr is just not caring for emotional subtleties and how their words affect people, as they want to convey what they feel or think as it is. Irrational Logic types (ENTp, ESTp, ISTp, INTp) in general I think are pretty emotionally stubborn or confident in themselves and how their feelings are conveyed, but at the same time can be more emotionally vulnerable than other types.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
For me it's either
"Whatever who needs morality when you can use the system to your advantage, and only care when people hurt your own self."
Or
"If you are *insert moral atrocity here* then you should kill yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I have my moments of the first at times. It usually passes when I come to my senses xD

...Witticism aside, I feel, though.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if I have Ne polr.

I don't like to wait. I like work that brings quick returns, which is one of the reasons having to go through college is such torture. Yes the returns of going to college are good, I know that, but I want something that brings returns rather quickly.

I also don't like to wait not knowing where I am headed, I like to know where a situation is headed though not for fatalistic reasons. I like to be able to change where the situation is headed, but if I don't know...I especially don't like one person supposedly taking me one place and we end up someplace else, it feels like they are conning me.

I really like philosophy, especially complex questions regarding ethics, and while I'll debate this stuff openly, I am very private about my personal beliefs as I fear they would be ridiculed by people. I generally dislike talking about my convictions, spiritual or political (offline).

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nutrition and exercise is just a huge waste of time and maintenance is just a pain in the ass.

/:Si:-PoLR

Enneagram
9w1
If they do pay attention to nutrition it might just be learned instead of something they can actively respond to, something their body actually tells them.

To me an Si polr is mostly just unaware of the effect their actions have on their body as well as other people's comfort. SLIs, LSEs, ESE,s and SEIs usually all are aware of this so their words are much less powerful and usually toned down and said calmly and to the point (SLIs/LSEs) or maybe with a bit of additional fluffiness packed in (SEIs/ESEs). And also they are aware of inconveniences they inflict on others, and usually try to not burden others.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Ti PoLR fits me well.
I know a guy who views the world through a lens of data and I find it so silly. Like, he'll post charts that measure how we are evolving to pair with "fatter, dumber" people, and I'm just like "what an overly simplistic view of a complex matter, and also a waste of fucking time to compile such supposed evidence." I thoroughly enjoy some of our talks, but we definitely differ in how we view the human element.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um... Te PoLR ( [MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION] can attest to this)...

do I really need to explain?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm still kinda torn between EII and IEI, but... I went to make an interview with someone, who wasn't nasty, but wasn't willing to cooperate or to answer my questions either and I just said: "Oh...Okay, I respect your decision."The photographer who was with me there afterwards told me, that I can't really treat people like that. That I need to be more assertive, ask questions even if they refuse to answer and wait for them to slip and start talking. I just looked at him and I answered that I'm really not comfortable with pushing people into something they don't want to do, but I'll try to be more assertive. He response was simple: "I can't imagine you being pushy or aggressive at all."

And then I realized... My Se really does suck.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am currently typed as an ENTP, however I basically only get IEI or ILI in Socionics, so I'll go roll with PoLR Te as I relate more to IEI-Ni than ILI subtype.

IMO, it manifests in me as a complete and utter disregard for facts, authority, external sources - I don't see value in them, they mean nothing to me.
This creeps its way into my postings here and on PerC at least, as somebody who prefers to speak from the point of view of my own mind - I do not give two flying shits about sticking to sources, or citing credible books/authors and whatnot - I have visions in my head of how it is, and that's the truth to me.

I have recently begun at least trying to support my arguments and whatnot with sources - I develop my perspectives from them, no doubt - but I don't care about formulating logical coherent arguments.
I don't care about referencing sources. I honestly do not care about that kind of thing.

I get called out on it all the time and my only response is "so what?", really.

People ask me, what are your sources?
And I'm like, me, I'm the source, what the fuck are you talking about? Who cares about other sources.
I know how it is, this is the truth, so that's that.
Couldn't care less what other people have to say.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am currently typed as an ENTP, however I basically only get IEI or ILI in Socionics, so I'll go roll with PoLR Te as I relate more to IEI-Ni than ILI subtype.

IMO, it manifests in me as a complete and utter disregard for facts, authority, external sources - I don't see value in them, they mean nothing to me.
This creeps its way into my postings here and on PerC at least, as somebody who prefers to speak from the point of view of my own mind - I do not give two flying shits about sticking to sources, or citing credible books/authors and whatnot - I have visions in my head of how it is, and that's the truth to me.

I have recently begun at least trying to support my arguments and whatnot with sources - I develop my perspectives from them, no doubt - but I don't care about formulating logical coherent arguments.
I don't care about referencing sources. I honestly do not care about that kind of thing.

I get called out on it all the time and my only response is "so what?", really.

People ask me, what are your sources?
And I'm like, me, I'm the source, what the fuck are you talking about? Who cares about other sources.
I know how it is, this is the truth, so that's that.
Couldn't care less what other people have to say.

You are pretty much like my enfp friend. Well he wants the course to be credible, but doesn't understand why you want to look back at how the person got the data.